Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Nov 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Nov 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:03 am

Good rainy morning,

I'm hoping the rain lets up a bit. This is my last morning to walk and I don't want to miss it. Then I have chiropractor, Michael's, and UPS store. I packed up my sewing. I am done until we get settled in Texas. Today will be packing last minute things, loading the trailer fridge, and cleaning the house. Tomorrow we will be spending with our grandsons. We hit the road early Sunday morning.

JANA - I hope Michael gets a gold star from PT and can finally go downstairs and play with his toys! The inaugural train ride went well. And the news said it's been 4 yrs, not 3. But the scars are still there in the landscape and will be for a long time. We will be driving under that overpass in about 48 hours. Oh, I"ve learned the value of scotch tape in PP! And my seam ripper. And to save the scraps of foundation paper because a few sections I've had to just start over.

TINA - was Preston's tooth a baby tooth or permanent?

LORI - You are really rockin' that table runner! I never thought you could get it done by TG. I still haven't finished a small Halloween ornament. That I started last July! lol! Have fun with your friends!

BECCA - Sometimes, the things you report about the little ones in your family make me think of Art Linkletter's old show - "Kids say the darnest things". I always smile.

CAROL - happy cleaning! I will be doing some of that today, too. Thank you for the comments on the gift for my brother. It's a 10" wooden picture. I wrapped it up securely, filled the box with Hickory Farms sausages and cheese and it's going into the mail today.

We're out of leftovers! Hooray! Of course, that means I have to fix something for tonite. I have salad makings. and I'm sure I can find something left in the freezer to put with a salad.

What's happening on your plate tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Nov 19

Post by Becca » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:14 am

Hello everyone sunny here & a gorgeous day Our Keith FaceTime this morning He is going t College to get his Masters & full time Pastor too & a big family so he’s a busy man but he still takes time to FaceTime each week
I also made no bake cookies did laundry & did meds so busy here
Keith said they will be here next Wednesday afternoon Then I will feed them They have their big meal on Thursday I’m doing a turkey breast & all the sides for them
Today we have leftovers from our company yesterday
Maryz Your group will be small but I’m sure fun And you have your trip ready t go too
Avery will entertain us tomorrow I guess She is something I did the cookies for her
Tina Thinking if you It’s always sad to lose a loved one at Holidays
Velda I guess you are still tying quilts We got a lot done on Monday with 8 tying
Have a great day to all. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:55 am

Good morning!

It's early and I do know dinner for tonight. In fact i knew last night! BBQ ribs and a potato salad. Sarah and I split a bag of potatoes from Costco the other day. Those potatoes were huge, so I will need only one to make our salad. I should weigh that potato, I'll bet it's at least 2 pounds!

Sarah is totally done with sod! They finished laying the last roll in the dark, using a portable camp light. Sarah saw it in the daylight this morning and it looks good. She is canning turkey broth this morning and will be here later to sew.

Michael can do some stairs. The half flight of the main stairs to the Batt Cave. He has to hold tightly to the railing and nothing in his hands. We have a chair on the landing, so he will rest there and do the lower half to the Batt Cave. He has about 45 feet of leash, hose, so that will get him a little bit around the Batt Cave. His O2 number need is dropped again. Down to just 1 liter. Next is no extra O2.

Mary - not long now. Your dinner with the boys will be such fun!

Becca - sounds busy at your house.

Tina- oh poor Preston. He certainly knew where to go for help, mom's hugs are the best!

Well, the Batt Cave is calling. Oops, have to pay the property taxes first, then play,

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:13 am

Good morning.
Just a quick check in, Frankie has his booster appointment and we have to leave in a little bit.
Mary, Sunday sure came around fast! But that's how time goes when you're busy. Preston's tooth was a baby tooth, at least we hope we're right.
Becca, thank you. We keep getting hit at the holidays 💔
Becca, I'm so glad that your family keeps in touch in a regular basis, it's important and good for your health and heart ❤
Jana, wow those must be huge potatoes! Pretty soon Micheal will be taking those stairs like nothing 🙏
I'm still thinking on supper, probably just leftover soup. We actually had freezing temps last night and had to use our pellet stove. I woke up and 11:45 and saw the lunar eclipse starting and then again at 2:40 and stayed up till 2:55 too watch the eclipse at its fullest.
Well I gotta scoot, time to leave.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”