Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Nov 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Nov 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning,

I'm a few minutes late this morning. Hope I haven't left anyone starving at the empty table!

Yesterday was a ho-hum day. Nice to have one once in a while. I did a short errand, futzed around in the trailer and spent an hour or so in the sewing room. Started one more LOTR block - an 8x10" eagle. I will finish that today and then pack up this project, leaving 3 blocks to finish after we get settled in TX. We'll be sitting in one spot in Austin for a month so I'm sure I'll have enough time to get this project 'in the can'.

Today, my friend and I are going for mani-pedi's. What a treat! She is even driving! Then I'll finish my block and get my next X-stitch project on a frame. Shhhh... it's a new stocking for Bill. I'm not sure he cares about a new stocking but I couldn't resist it! lol A red pick-up hauling a tree and presents. Looks like our truck. The scene isn't much different than the project I just finished. I still need to mat an frame that one - maybe today.

LORI - I love that cornucopia! Will the little dots be french knots or beads? How long do you think it will take you to finish it?

TINA - you are closing in on those two rooms! Have you started that snowman quilt yet? Once you get the hang of PP, it's not too hard, but it is a slow and tedious process compared to regular piecing. Patience is definitely not one of my few virtues, so I'm surprised I've taken to this technique. But I kind of get into a zen state and, except for when I'm frogging - :twisted: :twisted: - I find it relaxing. If you want a lesson when I get there, let me know.

BECCA - you always amaze me the way you can zip through a long list of errands the way you do! I know, they have to be done and you are the chosen one, but still, you manage it. Errands is where my impatience really shows itself off! lol! Avery is amazing, too! She must be a little smartie!

JANA - Hope all is well at your house. Tell Michael, just in case he's not "in the know" since his illness, that 3 yrs after that awful train derailment here, the first passenger train will roll this morning. With that speed control system in place. Will see how it goes . . .

Supper tonite will be still more leftovers. We are winding down on them, tough. I may have to make new food tomorrow - or dare I say, go out?? That would be nice, wouldn't it. We don't do that very often.

How's it going in your kitchen?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Nov 18

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:28 am

Good Morning,
Today will be cleaning day. I am actually looking forward to having a clean house. I haven’t polished the floors in several months and they need it.

Tonight’s dinner will be marinated chicken.

Mary’s - The picture for your brother is wonderful! You are a great sister.

Tina - My deepest condolences on the loss of your brother. You will miss him forever.

Jana - So good to hear your family will get together for Thanksgiving.

Becca - Sounds like you will have several get togethers. Good to be you.

Vel - You are settling in really well in your new home.

Got to get cleaning! Have a good day.

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 am

Hello everyone Sunny Here partly Ae are 63 A balmy day
We just had our Royal guest Our little 31/2 month old Zander & his Mother-came to visit He is such a good baby Already sleeping thru the nite
Maryz You just don’t know how I hate errands but I get it done pretty quick so I can get Home even if Tina is here
I knew you would pop that quilt out quick
Avery is a mess One little girl in her class told her she didn’t like her ideas or have to follow them That upset Avery lol She told her Mother one little girl was kind kind kind I imagine she liked her ideas I got her some books at Library to read
Carol We do enjoy it when family comes to visit
I got my pimento cheese made this morning Avery loves that & chocolate ice cream so I got it too
They are bringing the Thanksgiving Feast. Denise said We will see I did get a turkey & Breast I thought it would be good for Christmas or next week when I have more coming
I made black beans over rice & baked sweet potatoes Lani is a vegan
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:54 am

Mary, they are beads. They came with the pattern. I just have the stems and beads left to put on, then the back. I should be done by tomorrow.

Hi Carol. I did cleaning yesterday.

I have my friendship group today.

Dinner will be out with friends. Last month 2 of my friends and I went out to dinner and decided we needed to make it a monthly thing. So not sure what I will be having yet.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:47 am

Good morning.
We went to the grocery store early because they have a bunch of stuff on sale that I use for holiday baking and cooking. We did get other things but everything we did get was on sale.
Mary, I remember when you decided to go to Texas, you had 22 blocks left, and now just 3, wow! I've gone for pedi's before, I didn't like them LOL....I get nervous when anyone has things that cut around my toes. Bill will love his new stocking. I have my snowmen blocks on the wall but i need to go get some red fabric, I don't have a big enough piece. I don't think I'll be doing any paper piecing yet, my time is running short to get things finished on my other stuff. Thank you for the offer to teach me though.
Preston, went to school today, I was really surprised with the traumatic day he had yesterday of getting his tooth knocked out. He doesn't do good with blood and it was everywhere.
Carol, I cleaned for 2 days off and on so I'm pretty good here. My booster made me really tired so I've been fighting through that. Thank you ❤❤
Becca, aren't the little ones so cute with their stories....I love it ❤ sounds like you'll be having bunches of family in, the best!
Lori, that's a pretty project! Post pics when you're done please.
Well tonight is Dad's night to eat here and we're having a cold front so I'm going to make a big pot of veggie beef soup.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:58 am

Good afternoon!

Been busy getting lots of uglies out of the way. The biggest is getting all I've spent posted to the Quicken. Michael helped today, but that Covid fog is still lingering and he is slow , but that's OK, we made it through and double checked that we didn't miss anything. Michael is doing well in his recovery. The PT will be here this afternoon. We may get clearance for stairs. That will give Michael more freedom and things to do down in the basement.

I am heading down to the Batt Cave in a couple of minutes. Sarah is laying sod and will be over later to work on a gift project she needs done this weekend.

Mary - thanks for the info in the train. Michael is not a fan of PTC - positive train control, it has drawbacks in safety that needs to be addressed still, but it was a political football to have it pushed through - a member of congressman's family member worked for the company that was developing that system. Another block done! Wow! A best friend in paper piecing is scotch tape. It helps to put the pattern back in place after fixing the boo boo. Scott, our nephew is driving to Seattle on Sunday. He's picking up some antique computer stuff in Olympia. Then heading right back here.

Lori - sounds like a great 0lan to go out with friends more often! Lots of fun!

Tina - I missed something, Preston and a tooth knocked out? Oh my!

Becca - you are a early bird, getting your trips out done early! I am a afternoon errand running person.

Dinner - I made broccoli cheese soup last night and we will finish it tonight. May need to add a half sandwich.

Well, need to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Jana, sorry I thought I had posted about Preston's tooth but I guess I didn't after all. He was playing at recess and somehow managed to hit his mouth on his friends head and it knocked his front top tooth out. There was blood everywhere. He's my one that can't handle even a drop of blood. I'm pretty sure it was very traumatic for him. He ran past the teacher on duty and past Easton to his mommy's classroom, he couldn't even talk for being so freaked out plus he was gagging. The blood covered his clothes and face. He went home and was ok later. I was surprised he went to school today.
He came over after school today and ate a big bowl of my homemade veggie beef soup, his favorite.
I'm glad Micheal is getting better, I hope the fog clears soon.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”