Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Nov 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Nov 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning!

We are a quiet, dry, 36*. A nice break from the rain.

Last night's supper was delicious, if I do say so myself. And we have plenty of leftovers for tonite and tomorrow night. We also have leftover split pea soup. So if anyone wants to drop by for a quick and tasty meal, feel free!

Besides making a company dinner, yesterday was a couple of quick errands and then working on another LOTR block. I will finish that this morning, go to chiropractor, then I think clean our bedroom and master bath. Staged piles of clothing need to be dealt with and shoes taken out to the trailer. And trailer needs a good vacuuming. Any time after that will be spent in the sewing room. I am so close to having all the blocks finished, but I think I'll have to leave 2, maybe 3 for after we get settled in Texas. Then I can start assembling! YAY!!

LORI - welcome home! I knew you'd have a good time. But good times can be tiring! Is there a name/pattern I can google to see what table runner you are doing? Your work is always amazing! You inspire me. I haven't done much wool applique lately and I need your inspiration.

VELDA - tying quilts can be a lot of work! I tied one. Once. I had to sit on the floor, legs outstretched so quilt would lay as flat as possible to keep the layers all in place. Otherwise I found my tying was very uneven. I'm sure there's a trick to it that I didn't take the time to discover.

BECCA - Two big windstorms along with days of heavy rain have taken down all our leaves. Bill got them all taken care of yesterday. I think. And the downed tree was a dead snag, maybe 12" at the butt. And it fell in the woods, not a back neighbor's yard, so it's OK, too. Have fun with all your family! I can't believe Avery is in kindergarten. Seems like she was just born!

JANA - Sarah's yard must be lovely now and will be even prettier come next summer when flowers are in bloom! And I bet she is breathing a sigh of accomplishment today! What kind of flooring do you have that you need to wax it? I thought waxing went out 30 years ago. Just curious. Maybe I'm supposed to be waxing mine and don't know it . . .

Well, our supper is in the fridge, just waiting for us. Leftover chicken with bowtie pasta, peas, & fruit salad. For lunch we have split pea soup. We'll probably be eating chicken for a few days. Costco's chicken breasts are 2 to a pack. They're big and I always cut them in half, but it seemed skimpy to serve four half-breast pieces to company so I cooked two packages. So now we have lots! I don't think I'll be needing to cook anything again until Saturday morning when I make lasagna to take to Drew's.

What sounds yummy to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Nov 17

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:51 am

Good morning.
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and hugs, I truly appreciate them.
I got my booster yesterday, my arm is a little sore but I'm going to hopefully work the soreness out by vacuuming in a few minutes.
Jazmyne's school went to remote Wednesday's so she'll be riding the bus here Tuesday, which is usual, and then she'll just stay the night. I love having her here.
Mary, I'm so excited for you to be rounding the corner on the LOTR blocks.... I'd still be on the first block or it would be in file 13 by now LOL
Your supper sounds really yummy.
I've been spending some time in my sewing room sewing, it helps my mind not wander. I do have 1 bedroom done and waiting for the twin quilt on the bed. I received 20 SBS or Dutch girl blocks yesterday in the mail, they were my aunts that passed last month. I'll be putting them into a quilt and mailing the quilt back to another aunt because they are wanting to give it to my cousin and her 10 year old daughter to have a special gift from their mom/grandma. Mary, Rosebud and Chickie helped me come up with a plan yesterday on how to use the blocks in a quilt and make it a really nice size.
I think I'll make something with chicken tonight.....
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:27 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 70 today I hit the floor running this morning I was through with groceries DGeneral & Library then hardware then bakery & Home
Tina has it all cleaned for us
I am going to walk in Park with my bFF this afternoon
Maryz I knew you would fly in LOTR I’m glad you had van no damage It’s hard for me to grasp Avery is in Kindergarten too I got her some books at the library She is reading now Of course her Mom & Grandmommy is teAchers
Tina aim so sunny try for your great loss Glad Jazz can come visit you That helps
We have stark n rice in freezer aThats our meal with salad Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Mary, wool is easy to work with. Thank you for the compliment. It's a horn of plenty with fruit.
https://www.grannyslegacypatterns.com/s ... 582316.htm

Hi Tina, good to see you. Sounds like you are busy as usual. Would love to see a picture of the quilt when it's done.

Becca, walking at the park is always nice. Enjoy time with your BFF.

Walked the boys, did some cleaning, watered the indoor plants and now sitting down to stitch.

I think dinner will be leftover cobb salad for me. I got one yesterday that was big enough for 2 meals.
Bill will fend for himself.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”