Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:22 am

Good morning!

What a windstorm we had! Sustained 21mph winds most of the day with gusts up to 35+mph. We heard a tree fall in the back woods and will go check it out today. But all is quite this morning and it's not raining! And all the leaves are down! Bill said he is going to blow those leaves today. Lots of flooding everywhere, I swear I saw fish jumping on our back lawn! :lol: But we are OK. Some areas are not.

Our friends came for supper - split pea soup. And they were only 25 min. late. Not unusual for them. But we had a nice evening together. We have more friends coming tonite - the last of our company. We both have a few short errands to run, all here in the Harbor, so we're going to do a "run-about" later this morning - grocery store, drug store, Michaels', diesel, & mail. The great thing about Gig Harbor is that everything is within 3 miles of our house, yet our property is kind of a semi-rural setting.

I got one of the large LOTR blocks almost finished yesterday. So I'll get on that in a few minutes. This will leave me with 5 blocks left to do. I will never get them finished before we leave Sunday, but that's OK. Lots of time in Texas to work on them.

JANA - You missed a great soup! 😋 Terrific news that Daniel might be moving soon! I bet you are excited! Gosh! I'M excited for you! And isn't it a heady feeling when everything is done and you have free time for no-guilt sewing! I was gleefully telling my sister that once, and she squashed it by asking, "Is your linen closet clean?". Gotta love big sisters. Or not.

BECCA - I'm so sorry to hear you lost one of your quilting group. I'm sure that was quite a shock to you. That's pretty young. And vaccinated to boot. This virus is a scary thing.

Tonite's 'feast' will be "Sherried Artichoke Chicken" (a real recipe, not something I "cooked" up myself!), hot buttered bow tie pasta, peas, fruit salad, and rolls. I made rocky road candy yesterday so we'll have a piece of that with rainbow sorbet for dessert. We've had a lot of company in the past week and you might see a common thread running through my menus as we work on emptying our fridge and freezer.

What's your supper story?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 16th

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:30 am

Becca, so sorry to hear about your friend.

Mary, sounds like you are moving along with those blocks. Sounds like you are almost ready to head out. Sherried Artichoke Chicken sounds really yummy.

Jana, I bet Sarah's yard will be beautiful.

After 3 days with friends, I needed a day to recoup. I did have a great time in Temecula and the local mountains. I got a wool table mat half done. I will try and finish it up this week.

We'll be going out to our late lunch today. I still deciding where I want to go.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:41 am

Hi Mary and Lori. Well I am actually going to cook tonight. Planning pork rib-eye chops. Boneless. They look great. Salad and veggies.
Mary you asked what we use to tie. The thick ess varies, but it is crocheting thread or cord.
The church group has a big plastic tub with spools of it in lots of different colors. I brought home, red, green varigated purple, and yellow. I already have white and cream. Finding the right big eye needle is important to rethread easy.

Almost ready to start #2 out of 7. 🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:16 am

Hello everyone cloudy here today I have been doing leaves UGh It’s a never ending battle with trees everywhere I did get my walk in too & laundry done
And we had pork chops baked sweet potatoes and green veggie
Maryz Glad you had no wind damage
Velda we tie our quilts too We had 8 yesterday working
Lori Glad you get to recoup but it was fun I’m sure
Tomorrows shoppping then onThurs our little Xander & his Mother come then on Saturday Denise Mark Courtney Philip & Avery She’s in Kindergarten now so we are in for some treats
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Hi y'all!

We have a tele-med appointment in afew minutes. Sarah will be here to help. We have written down questions so we won't forget to ask.

I got delayed in washing my floors, so have them mostly done now. Just need to keep one bathroom in service, while the other one dries after I wax it.

Sarah's backyard looks wonderful. It took the crew about a hour to lay it. In figuring how much she needed, she knew that a whole pallet of sod took up the same amount of space on the truck, so she has enough to redo her front lawn with the extra. So she and Aaron are renting a sod cutter to remove the dead stuff, spread some of the extra topsoil and put down the extra sod. No need to do anything with the sprinklers, they are just fine. It's Aaron's days off, so he helps a lot. He is also coming this week for the final mowing of our yard. He loves to drive the tractor! The girls get rides in the trailer when he's done.

Laundry is almost done too. Now to plan something for dinner. It's Tuesday, and in many places it's Taco Tuesday, so that's what happening here for dinner.

Time for appointment,
Stay Safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”