Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:10 am

Good windy morning!

I feel like I'm in Kansas and I'm about to get blown into the Emerald City any minute now! At least it's not raining and temps are mid 50's, so it's not all bad.

Yesterday I made the last small LOTR block - a green dragon. Now I have 6 blocks left - all large ones - two 10" and four 7x21". I'll start one of those today. Our trailer is pretty well packed. Just the fridge, the clothes I'm wearing this week, and the LOTR blocks left to put in. Not much else left to do but sew.

BECCA - no matter how cold it gets, the sunshine really can make a difference! It feels so good on your face! I'm glad the shop has been cleared out. I'm sure that was a huge job! I think wood working is fascinating. We've done a little bit of it over the years. We made a 4-car Santa train for our yard out of 2 sheets of plywood. Another year we made about ten 18" Holy Family figures and gave them as Christmas gifts. I really liked doing those projects, but then I got into fabric and the woodworking fell by the wayside. We gave our few patterns to my nephew.

JANA - Sarah is really "cutting it" fine with her sod! I did get a frame holder for stitching, but I don't like it. I think my frame is too big for it. And I usually don't use round hoops for stitching because they leave round creases even though I remove the hoop when I'm not stitching. But I may do that for this big project I started.

IRISH - maybe your sister should contact Cabella's or Bass Pro Shop - they display all sorts of wild animals. Perhaps they would be interested - or a natural museum. I hear you about parts and pieces! So many ouchies! So far my cataracts are just baby ones. But one day . . . . As you soar over California, look down - we'll be the red Dodge pulling the Arctic Fox fifth-wheel and heading south. We'll wave back!

Tina hasn't been here for a week or two. I heard from her yesterday that her brother, who has lived in Germany for 20+ years passed away. He had several auto-immune diseases, was very sick, and then got Covid. Tina's dream has long been to fly to Germany to visit him, but that never happened. Just thought y'all would want to know.

Tonite our friends, Tex & Annette, are coming over for supper. I'm making split pea soup with rolls. I hope they like split pea soup. I think I'll also toss a simple green salad onto the table. And I might make some cookies today to have with sorbet for dessert. Tomorrow night will be more friends - saying our good-byes for the winter.

What's the supper plan at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 15

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:37 am

Good morning!

Oh so sad to learn of Tina's loss. It's a hard thing to lose a brother. Especially with this rampant virus. Many prayers for her and the family.

Sarah will be by shortly. She is returning the "Dingo" - that's the brand name of the walk behind loader they moved all the dirt with. She is running a PO errand for Michael after she turns in the Dingo. Then she announced to me, her house is clean, the backyard is ready, the library is organized and functioning, so she can SEW! My house needs just a few things picked up and the floors mopped. I will turn Yoohoodi loose in a few more minutes. Then mine is done too! I'll sew, even if all my uglies aren't quite done! I can ignore very well! LOL!

Well, those silly pinwheels are not behaving as they should in being sewn together. So they will be punted to Acme Landfill. Sarah and I came up with a different block, that will achieve the look of the continuous ribbon running throughout the quilt. A variation of a simple 9 patch.

Oh , I just got off the phone with my Daniel. They are getting closer to pull the trigger on a move here. Oh I am happy! Daniel has several prospects for jobs and Kari works from home. A good thing! They are fed up with California. You can guess what's in my prayers more now!

Michael is doing well. The PT will be here in a hour or so. We'll see what he says about things.

Mary - what a accomplishment it will be to bring home the LOTR top completed from Texas. Has Bill thought on how he is going to quilt it? If you need extra bodies to eat you split pea soup, everyone here would come willingly, except me.. I'll visit while they eat. When there's a ham bone left from a dinner, it's fought over who gets it.

Well, time is getting away, need to finish picking up a few things,
Hugs
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 15

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:28 am

Hello everyone sunny here but breezy I got walk in after going to Church quilting this morning

The made lunch of chicken pot pie I got text from our DGSswife She wants to come visit this week & bring Xanderbour youngest DGGS What a treat He was born in August so he’s tiny yet
Tina I’m so sorry about your Brother What a great loss Hugs for you

Maryz You sure treat your company good As I know you are greatHostess
Jana Sure hope alls well at your place & Michael continues to get better. Sure hope things work out for Daniel s move close to you.

I was so shocked when I got to Church this morning One of our regular quilters passed away last week from Pneumonia afterCovid & she had her shots So sad She was in early 60s
Have a great day to all Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”