Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:30 am

Good rainy morning,

It's going to be another 100% rainy day again today. This "atmospheric river" (meteorologists' term) that is bringing us these weeks of heavy rain is in serious danger of overflowing its banks! Along with many other rivers. Makes it easier to leave home for almost any place else!

Yesterday I repacked my travel sewing more efficiently and removed some things from the trailer that I am pretty sure would have just been along for the ride. Then I finished my cross stitch project. Today I'll block and trim it and go to Michael's to look for a frame. Then decide what's next up. I have two other X-stitch projects plus hexies and maybe cathedral windows? Decisions, decisions. I might do another LOTR block today, too, though Seahawks are playing at 1:30 so maybe I'll just relax and cheer them on.

BECCA - when you say everything in the shop sold, do you mean the woodworking shop CA had? Is it on your property? I'm trying to recall details. Finished items or all the tools? Nice to have that big detail all taken care of.

JANA - a bummer everyone forgot about your dinner! That has happened to me before - more than once. I wasn't feeling as gracious about it as you sound. Great progress that Michael can now manage his own O2!

CAROL - they have so many great flavors of bottled marinades these days and sometimes I treat us to one of them, But my usual is just to pour some olive oil, lemon (or lime) juice into a big Ziplock bag and add minced garlic, dill, or other herbs, S&P, or whatever I'm feeling in the mood for. We are leaving a week from today, Nov 21st.

VELDA - I saw your post yesterday! I often read the forum again in the evening just to see what the day's chatter has been about. As to your DP blades, I think Jana's idea is great! And considering the project you are doing, the best way to showcase all those special fabrics. That's what this quilt is about, not perfectly positioned colors, prints, etc. And I love her idea of using the scraps for a piano key border. This is going to be a heartfelt quilt!

Tonite's supper is going to be leftovers - pork chop w/ gravy, broccoli, mashed potatoes.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 14th

Post by Becca » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:33 am

Hello everyone a beautiful Lords Day here brimming with sunshine but cold temps We were 29
Maryz Our workshop is here at our House Levi sold all the machinery He s taking all the patterns & personal items to keep for r himself Then it can be cleaned out
It was a big thing because we are older & they need it all gone so a very good thing
Jana That’s good they loved the leftovers Velda I’m sure your quilt will be a beauty I love scrappy & you can’t go wrong on that although I did see a quilt that had a lot of orange in it that I couldn’t live with
Irish Your trip will be something to remember
Carol Sometimes I make my own marinade but I do prefer 1 brand which is hard to find A Texas Pete Honey mustard
Waiting for Church to start
I’m doing chicken tenders sautéed with peppers &baked sweet potatoes. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:17 am

Good mor-noon!

Not much left of the morning, and not quite afternoon.

Church just ended. I also just finished cooking brunch. Dinner will be the last of the leftovers and possibly cereal. I am good with that. New food tomorrow.

Not much happening here. Sarah did get all the dirt in place. Just needs a light raking to level out a few spots. The sod farm is on the brink of not being able to cut anymore, due to the ground freezing. The farm is cutting as much as they can tomorrow and Tuesday. Sarah's will be installed on Tuesday, so she is good. Sarah also got her library painted and she is now building the new bookcases. These have doors and glass. They will hold all of her miscellaneous sheet music. Neat and out of sight. She has tons!

Still working on my quilt. There are too many squirrels running loose in this house!

Mary - you are ever busy! Did you ever get a hoop holder for your cross stitch? Hope you find the right frame for this one. Sarah frames her own cross stitch - they worked in a frame shop and have all the tools - mat cutter and a framing saw and the know how.

Becca - saving those patterns is wonderful. Michael's dad was a great wood worker and we have some of the patterns he made. They are treasures as Michael doesn't have much from his parents.

Well, need to get something done,
Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Good afternoon from a very chilly, rainy (almost snow) SW. Pa....This is definitely not my kind of weather and I'll be happy to "get out of town" for a couple of weeks...

Mary, you leave the day before us....Maybe we'll be flying over so if you see a plane with a crazy person waving, that will be me...We are flying into Arizona and then onto San Jose....I've had to put my cross stitch away, just can't do it right now and am hoping, it's just cataracts, we'll see come January...I think there's something wrong with "aging"...When you have all good working parts, you don't have time but then when you do get the time (as now), the working parts are letting you down...But, can't complain, most of my parts are just needing some oiling and minor adjustments....
Got a message from my pharmacy and they have me scheduled for my booster on Wed. Hopefully, any side affects will be gone, quickly...Kathy did send me the link for the health and covid form to fill out before entering Hawaii, so we should be good to go.....

Becca, I had always been interested in wood working and even when I was in school, wanted to badly to take that class but it was only for boys....And there once again, when I could do it, didn't have the time...It's good to be able to clear out the things you don't need or want...My sister is trying to clear out her husband's taxidermy shop and it's not easy....She still have some animals that people had stuffed, even put money down and now, have either changed their minds or maybe don't have the money to pay off...She's deciding whether just to give them to them or advertise...Anyone want a full size black bear and a couple of cubs, she's got them plus any other kind of animal you can think of....

Jana, each day, I try to check on Michael's progress and it sure sounds like he's doing great...Who would have thought, this could be so long term but it's really happening, more than we know...Mine was a year ago in October and the doctor still blames some of my breathing and heart problem on Covid...Of course, when I'm tired, I blame that too, lol.......
I think we've all had those forgotten dinners but you are very gracious, more so than I'd be...
Wishing Michael steady success and glad to hear you're finally getting to sleep through the night.....

Being a dreary, ugly day, I'm not in the mood to do anything...I did check on the football games but really have no interest in pro games....Of course, did watch Notre Dame win again last night, good game....Since I put the cross stitch away, I dragged out the crocheting...I have to be doing something other than just sitting in front of the TV or I end up watching through closed eye lids....I really do need to pick up my mail but it's raining and cold out there so it might have to wait another day...As you can see, I'm being very, very lazy......

As for my dinner, would have been a good day for soup but there again, didn't get it going so might also be a good day for poached egg and toast.....

You all have a super rest of the day........

Happy eating..............

Return to “Chit Chat”