Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning,

It's not raining!! Hooray!! It's coming later this afternoon, but for now, we're dry!!

Yesterday was a nice day. I had time to relax and sit and stitch with my audio book playing while chili cooked in the crockpot. Dinner turned out great and we really enjoyed our company. A new (to us) couple came and we liked them on the spot. They were friends of the others. We can always use more new friends!

Today - more stitching, more audio book, and also reorganizing and restocking trailer bathroom, and arranging the underneath storage bins. Some of that is hard to do because Bill always waits until last minute while I do everything ahead of time. I get everything stowed and arranged and then just as we're ready to hitch up, he comes out with more stuff and wants to know where to put it. Arghh!! Sometimes we are very in sync and other times we are Venus and Mars personified!

LORI - your winery/LQS day sounds idyllic! I hope your quilting retreat is just as nice. Your dinner sounds delish! Italian is always our first favorite!

VELDA - sorry to hear you have to have cataract surgery. It seems so scary, but my DD, Lara, had to have it done when she was in her young 40's. This girl goes pale at the thought of a flu shot, but she said the cataract procedure was a piece of cake and took less than 10 minutes.

BECCA - it's so nice that tele-doc or Zoom appts are available now, not just for pandemic appts, but for folks like your hubby. Makes things much easier on you, too!

IRISH - I do remember that Kathy and Tim were going to HI, but not that you and Sis were going, too! That's great! How long will you be there? Where will you be in the islands? Have you ever been before? you will have such a great time!! I'm sorry your sis is getting a hard time from her kids. How is her move going?

JANA - when I was little I DID have a pet lamb. A real one named Susie. And she did follow me around. To me, eating lamb is like eating a dog or a cat. Can't do it, no matter what you call it!

We had a few pet pigs, too, "Plain Pig" and "Bar-S", but I can overcome that feeling for bacon, ham, and pork chops. 😋 So we are having pork chops tonite for supper. Along with brussels sprouts, potatoes, and fruit salad.

What is tempting you tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 13

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:48 am

Hello everyone sunny here at now 50 20s tonite they say
Got a brisk walk in too
Yesterday I made up my mind I wasn’t going to put myself thru that again when a phone call will do If he needs to go in I will then Just too much
Maryz. nice to have friends in So many of ours are done passed on or live too far away and couldn’t come & travel
Nice to be organized CA was always Johnny on the spot first in everything
I’m making burgers & fries for CA I’ll make me a green veggie on side. Becca
Levi just sold everything in the shop to one man so that’s great It can be cleaned now And they won’t have to worry about it

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:45 am

Good morning!

Well, I made a big dinner for Sarah and family and Aaron and family - so when it came time to eat, neither was here. So I called, both forgot. So tonight Sarah and Ethan will be here for leftovers. It's what Sarah calls Geek night - her DH, guy friends and his cousins get together, once a month to play games. So she comes here and we sew!

Not much else here. I have most of the pieces parts of the CR quilt done. Just one small set to finish. It's a good thing, the back up machine is starting to make a squeak, so it needs to go in for a cleaning and service. I will be back down in my Batt Cave and finishing the top there.

Michael is doing great. He was able to get up in the middle of the night to adjust the O2. That meant, I stayed in bed for the first time in weeks. The amount needed is getting lower, a good thing.

Dr Grandma fixed a beloved teddy bear for Gracie and Lila last night. They were so cute, sitting right next to me as I sewed up a seam that came undone. Lots of hugs for me! Then I gave them their new dresses. Fit perfectly. They are both in the Primary program in their Ward tomorrow, so they will wear them. Kate is the music person for Primary, so she has been working hard all year, teaching all the kids the songs. I would love to watch my little ham, Lila, in the program. She will be the one, waving at her Dad.

Mary - I too have everything organized and ready before we would leave. With 4 kids to pack, I needed too. Michael was always last, gathering his laptop and work stuff. Then he packed the car, we lovingly called,, The Apollo Space Capsule. Everything had a specific spot it went in,, so we would fit too..

Becca- I liked the Tele med appointment we did with our Dr. We have another on Tuesday. The 9nly draw back is needing blood work.

Well, need to get going,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:34 am

Good Morning,

Groceries were are all home after a trip to the store. (I do the shopping.) Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken. I bought some Italian dressing for marinade today. Hope we like it. I have been making my own and just got tired of making the marinade.

Jana - so good that Michael is getting better. When he first came home, I could hear the giddiness in your notes, now I think you are a bit weary, probably from lack of sleep, so I am glad he is now able to adjust O2 himself and not wake you.

Becca - I too have had tele doc appointments. I did have to do a blood draw. My opinion is I would rather see the doctor in person, but just for a check on meds it works very well.

Maryz - I know you have set a goal to finish your cross stitch and you are rockin! Hopefully you will complete your goal. You're leaving on the 17th?? Wow, that is this next week!!! Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. I bought a turkey breast a couple of weeks ago. I think I will be ready!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:26 pm

It's so late, probably shouldn't even post. You all will not see it until tomorrow, if even then. LOL
I don't know where my day went. But yesterday having eyes dilated for exam, wasted my day, getting vision back to normal. Yes surgery is needed. Early next month. After consultation, I wish I would have made my appointment sooner. They do one eye at a time, so worst eye first, then second one, a month later.
Today, I started taking the dresses apart from my SIL. Then pressed all the biggest pieces.
I cut wedges for Dresdan, but I am confused now, how I will work the variety, since I have eight different fabrics. And true Dresdan pattern calls for 5.
I want to use all eight. Planning to just line up the eight stacks of wedges and mix them up in a planned random order of some sort.
If I use eight and eight, that is 16. Needing 20 in each to complete the circle.
So one Dresdan will have 4 of the eight and the next Dresdan will have the other 4. Then when I put the blocks together, I will need to stagger them. I see it in my mind as working. Hope it does.
Using white background squares. There will be a lot of extra fabric from the house dresses, so I am thinking about using big squares of each print for the back of the quilt. Then see what I can do for a border.
I know I am thinking too far ahead. I need to get the Dresdan together first, then go from there. I don't want to make a full bed size. Thinking more along the line of personal size quilt. Using it over a lap, or maybe for a nap.

Supper tonight is leftover biscuits and gravy. We had chili last night, so Biscuits and gravy will be good tonight.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:51 pm

Vel - I saw your post! I would cut all the blades needed and then put them in a brown paper bag, shake it up well, and reach in and pull out the number of blades needed for each plate. Don't over think it! If you pull the same print, throw it back in, but not to many times. Use two in the same plate, there is no rhyme or reason to scrappy. It will work out and look great! You could use the bigger pieces for a piano key scrappy border, making the widths of the keys, random in size too.

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”