Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:34 am

Good morning,

Yesterday I got my sewing room cleaned, pulled fabrics for all the remaining LOTR blocks (22) and made 1 block, sewed a pair of pillowcases, and got everything stowed in the trailer that gets delivered to friends in, or on the way to Texas, my sister, or is for Christmas. Even any non-LOTR sewing projects I plan to take. We leave 4 weeks from tomorrow and most of my sewing efforts until then will be getting as many LOTR blocks made as I can. This project alone fills a large tote. I'd like to "sew it down" to a medium tote if I can. Space is always at a premium in an RV.

VELDA - Glad you got your shots!! Did you get your bookcase together? Where are you putting it? Living room? Sewing room? Guest room? What kind of books will you be filling it with? (I'm a mystery buff, myself). We have Canadian friends who have always eaten their main meal at noon with a very light supper - half sandwich, etc. A healthier way to eat for sure. We should start doing that. She is a size 2 and his waist is 30-32.

CAROL - I've seen the pictures on the news of LA Harbor with all the ships, and the containers on the docks. I bet the pictures, as usual, don't do the reality justice. I'm so glad you got your booster appts!

LORI - happy birthday eve!! But the party is for your DH? Are your birthdays only a day apart? Maybe the party is really for YOU! Surprise!! I don't think it's ever NOT rained on my birthday - in March. lol! I loved your retro trailer wool applique.

JANA - So did Michael got home from the hospital OK? How are things going? Have you had any time to get your Christmas Ribbons under way? Seems like you've been busier with him gone than when he's there!

We have leftover meatloaf that I'm going to hack up and put into spaghetti sauce for tonite's supper. That and a big old salad.

What are you going to hack up for supper? Wait ! That didn't sound right. Let me try again: What will be filling your pot tonite? that really doesn't sound great either. Just tell us what you'll be eating!

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 24th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:52 am

Hello everyone.
First I will say 1 bookcase is finished. 1 more to go. Books? Well not reading books. I use my Kindle. Mostly older things like High School Yearbooks, photo albums, actually don't remember all. LOL.
My sewing things will find their way to the bookcase that we will have in hallway outside sewing area. The other is in living room. Space for pictures and a few Nick-nacks too.
Our supper got changed. We had promised to be available to help the new owners of our 5th wheel, if they needed us for close out.
Boy! Wish we wouldn't have been so kind. When we arrived they were so unorganized!! They were lost! I even typed up helpful instructions from our years of experience, really thought that would be all they need. They are not new to campers, just never had a fifth wheel. How they could be so list, I don't know. Oh, well, we needed to be there at 4pm. We thought maybe 30-40 minutes.....wrong! It was over 2 hours!
But we both said to ourselves, if we get another call in the spring, we will be out of town and not available. LOL

So we had Campbell's Soup and tonight will be the breakfast supper ๐Ÿ˜‰
Have a fun day! Happy ๐Ÿ˜Š Day!!!
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:28 am

Good morning!

Yes, I have Michael home. It was almost a comedy of errors in getting him home. Sarah had planned to leave early, 5 am, to get here to pick up Michael at the hospital. Well, Joseph lost his glasses on a ride, so they had to wait until Disneyland opened to check the lost and found. Nope no luck. But he did have prescription sunglasses, so he could see to drive. So all that put the backup plan into operation. Aaron. He was on duty until 4:30 and we were to pick up Michael at 5. Well, 4 cars decided that they needed to get in on the act and tied up Aaron, right near the end of his shift. Normally, he is careful about shoving vehicles off and out of the way, well, not yesterday. He got the road back open quickly with the troopers and came and got our Highlander. He thought that he could get Michael in the big work truck, but it is too high off the ground. So we finally got Michael home. On Sarah's way home, just outside of Vegas was a bad crash that closed the freeway and they had to take a detour of over an hour. Then getting gas at Costco was a zoo as well. She got home here near midnight. Matt was about an hour behind Sarah as they came home. They stopped to see Crenda's sister and their Grandmother. Matt had planned on staying there, but the sister is a huge pill, so they drove home as well. Everyone is sleeping in! No one would believe all the adventures in this family! Add in this morning as Aaron came on duty, he found and held two different drivers for DUI's. There were 5 total he and the troopers arrested before 5:30 this morning!

Michael's numbers held well last night. When he's still, we have the machine set on 1, but we need to turn up the number if he gets up and moves. So every time he needs to get up, I am up to to turn up the number. So there will be naps today! Made him breakfast and he was hungry and ate it all. Since the first of the month, he has lost 20 pounds. He didn't need to lose that, so it is now my job to put it back.

Dinner - will play it by ear on what he may want.

Time to clear up breakfast,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:37 pm

Tonight's dinner was Parmesan Chicken. We decided to go out to dinner last night.

Jana - So glad Michael is home and seems to be doing well. Sarah had quite an adventure.

Vel - I think that falls under the category of "No good deed goes unpunished". You are too kind! It sounds like the new owners needed to read your instructions and be better organized.

Mary - Reducing the number of pieces is always part of my plan too. The LOTR is going to be a very large quilt!

I decided the freezer needed to be filled with some meals. Today, I made a double batch of Turkey Sauce and a batch of Sloppy Joe Mix. Tomorrow I intend to make a batch of Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I will have quite a few meals ready to pull from the freezer. Next week maybe I will make some Autumn Soup or Meatloaves.

Carol

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€