Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Oct 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Oct 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:39 am

Good morning!

All is calm outside here, but according to our meteorologists, we're in for a stormy weekend. This will be the second "bomb cyclone" this week to dump weather on us. Sunday should be the worst day. That is a new weather term for me. Or maybe they just recently made it up. But the sound of it is certainly attention-getting! The last one this past week - out in the Pacific - hit a cargo shop and tipped it quite a bit and it lost 40 containers bound for Canada. That had to be a scary ride for those merchant marine sailors! Last I heard they had 35 of the containers spotted floating 40 miles off our coast and were tracking them. I am dying of curiosity to know what was in them - Furniture? Computers? Clothing? Legos?

Yesterday was Costco, groceries, and errands. After putting it all away, I started pulling fabrics for the last 23 LOTR blocks. I will finish that today and then start a set of pillowcases for my brother. I'm hoping my sewing machine returns home soon. A thread cutter makes paper piecing so much easier and the machine I'm using now doesn't have one. So I'm working on other things in the meantime. I've decided to leave one project at home - my Irish Chain. I'm certain I'll never be able to get to it and it will just take up space.

We went on-line last evening and made appointments for next Wednesday at our Costco for Moderna Booster shots. Yay!

JANA I hope Michael is still on track for coming home today. Sarah is going to drive all the way from Anaheim and then go pick him up at the hospital? She must wear a cape! She'll be flyin'! And exhausted! The Lego set she found will be purrfect! I love Legos for all ages!

BECCA - I do hope you eye will be OK. Keep us posted. Enjoy Denise's visit. You would really have had a houseful if your niece and DB had carried on with their plans.

TINA - Did miss or forget why you and Frankie are at Holly's all this week? I know they went to a concert in Cruces, but how long was that concert?? lol! Our dishwasher was doing funny things, making funny sounds, leaving food on the dishes. Bill finally went on the internet and watched a video on how to take it apart, clean the filter, and it's been working fine ever since.

VELDA - Your new position with the card shop sounds like it will be fun and right up your alley. Do you have any idea how much time per week it might take? Hope you get your Moderna boosters soon. I was thinking that if we had tested positive for Covid at least we would have a little extra immunity. I was hoping, anyway. Good to hear.

Tonite's supper is going to be mini meatloaves, baked potatoes, and cauliflower. We also have some Red Lobster biscuits left over from last night so we'll have those, too. I always think of JANA when we have them. :D

What's for supper at your house?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Oct 23

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:00 am

Hi everyone. This is "put the bookcase together" day! Directions said 1 hour for 1 person. Yeah, right! We will see how accurate that is! LOL
Yes being in charge of the little card shop should be easy. Not a big deal. Just have to keep watch and make sure any cash is gathered up weekly. And keep the display neat.

For supper, we are doing lite sandwiches. I am fixing "brunch" for our noon meal. So scrambled eggs and turkey bacon is our main meal today. Just a lite snack tonight.
Hope all is well with all our dinner guests and friends. πŸ’•πŸ™
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:23 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Thanks for mentioning you got your Moderna Booster appointment! I went online and got one as well. I will be getting mine on Tuesday and DH will wait until Friday when he is not working. I did not think the appointments would be available yet so you truly inspired me! Your dinner sounds delicious.

We see the Los Angeles Harbor from the streets around us when we are driving home. There are so many ships out there!! I know it is on the news, but the number of containers on Terminal Island is mine boggling! There are trucks parked in neighborhoods that are much more level than ours. We are literally uphill from the harbor and west.

Vel - You are settling in for sure. Getting your books will definitely make your house feel like home. What kinds of books are being stored? Novels, Mysteries, Quilting books???

Jana - So good to hear Michael is coming home today. Will he be on a regular diet or special? I know you have said he has diabetes so other than that are there special needs? Sarah has a very long day ahead.

Becca - Sorry your eyes are bothering you.

Dinner tonight will be Grilled or Parmesan Chicken. I think I need to make marinade and already have some Parmesan crumb mixture. Decisions!!

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:34 am

Mary, maybe there's pool floaties inside the containers. lol We've got a lite rain this morning. Very unusual for this time of year in SoCal. Usually in the 80's. It's supposed to rain a bit heavier on Monday. If it does, this will be the first time it rains on my birthday ever. It's never rained on that day before.

Jana, I sure hope you get Michael back today. I bet it's been a tough few weeks without him. Sounds like he has turned a corner and is starting to heal.

Carol, I bet the ships in the harbor are quite a site. I hope this make people wake up and realize we should make more products here.

Vel, lol...1 hour for someone who puts them together all the time maybe.

Jonathan is down from Utah for a few days. We are going to a surprise party for DH today. The kids put it together and he has no clue. That at lunch time. For dinner I think we'll get some steaks from the butcher and put them on the grill.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am

Jana, I posted a picture of the wool Halloween project I started a few years ago. It's the pattern I sent you for Sarah. I finally finished it.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:12 am

Well Maryz, because you said you had an appointment for booster, I decided to call our Walmart Pharmacy. They had the booster available and would take walk INS. So off we went.
Got our booster today. Thank you for sharing that news. We were very surprised. Pharmacist said they just got it in yesterday. So we were among the first ones.
Yippee!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:59 am

Good morning!

The best laid plans, well, glad we have backup plans! Joseph lost his glasses on a ride yesterday and they have to get them this morning, so that means they won't be here to get Michael. So Aaron has now stepped into that role, notified the powers that be, since he is on duty until 4:30, this afternoon. He will get off a few minutes early and come get my Highlander to go get Michael. Aaron's work truck might be to tall for Michael to climb in, so we know he can get in the Highlander. Aaron's shift starts and ends in his front yard. He logs in and out when he gets in his truck. Good deal!

It's raining, trying to snow at my house right now. So dark outside, I have most of the lights on to see inside. My upstairs stuff is done, so I am heading down to the Batt Cave.

Dinner- Michael is on normal food, no restrictions, but I have his favorite soup ready and some jello for afters. A bowl of cereal will do me just fine.

Well, with our booster shots, we got a added boost of immunity with having the real thing! LOL! We will check with our Dr to see when we should get the shot. The shot we are waiting on is the kids shot , all the grands all eligible, except our Lila. She's only 3. One less worry with that done.

Hugs, from the clock watcher,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:31 pm

Hello everyone been a busy day Marty & Estel come too so we had a fun day
I made a roast Will add potatoes creamed or roasted & green beans. I made oatmeal raisin cookies Estel brought goodies too Denise brought fresh vegetables and cantaloupe. Becca

Return to β€œChit Chat”