Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - thursday, Oct 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - thursday, Oct 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:28 am

Good morning,

I was busy, busy, busy yesterday. Lots of houseworky stuff got done. More of that will happen today. And I hope to get back to my LOTR blocks, at least getting fabrics pulled. Not sure if I'll actually get to sew, but I'll be ready when I do take time for it. Also, we brought in all the furniture cushions from the deck last night so they could be rid of any moisture before we bag and stow them in the shop today until next summer. The party's over. :( We received our thread order yesterday. Since we are quarantined for now our friend, who also gets his mail at the UPS store, picked it up and delivered it to us. Bill got a short start on quilting the DWR. I love how it's turning out so far! So he will work on that today while I clean our downstairs.

TINA - haha! No, there's no posted CW tute - Judi just wrote down how she does her 'windows' and mailed it to me. Sorry. But I'm happy to share. Now I remember who's who in the Dirk zoo. So nice of Frankie to help his BIL! He's such a good guy!

JANA - I love your little stockings. One year, I will make them. But not this year. I use photoimg for posting photos from my phone. Sounds like Michael is working his way in the right direction, if slowly. I have drawn a lot of feathers, but apparently not enough, if you ever look at my freehand feathers. I, also, have collected a ton of ornaments from wherever we travel. But now we're more often than not in Texas for Christmas, so I haven't seen much of my ornament collection in later years.

VELDA - your quilt display was certainly eye-popping! I'm going to make chicken noodle soup today, too.

BECCA - you had a full day! I think pursuing any and all possible treatments for your TGN pain is a good idea. There are ways to help control pain from all kinds of things. Do you have a pain clinic near you? Even energy work can have a surprising effect.

CAROL - you are always a whirlwind of activity! You get so much done! Do you and your hubby have any big plans for his retirement? Does he have a hobby?

Last night I baked enough chicken to make chicken noodle soup for tonite. I still have carrots, celery, and onion so I think all the ingredients are here. I could probably make some biscuits, too, if I get motivated. I have Chickie's recipe and they are almost, but not quite, as good as hers.

What sounds tempting to you tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - thursday, Oct 21

Post by Becca » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:22 am

Hello everyone cloudy here
Got walk in then come home & did my watering & clean up porches We can still sit when it’s warm
Maryz You must be like I always was Want a house clean when I leave
I think after talking to others it will be acupuncture I had never heard of e nervy work but I read up on it
It was great to see my BFF again She loaded me up with books to read
Will try to get things ready for Denise & Mark.
We are having spaghetti It will finish it off today Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 am

Good morning!

I have been a busy beaver so far this morning. Re-hung my shirts from the laundry, emptied little waste cans, straightened the kitchen, showered, and found enough laundry do to a load. Also turned Yoohoodi loose to do his thing. I have flocked covered hangars, so my shirts and dresses don't slip off, but I hang all my shirts and dresses when they come out of the washer wet. I don't want that flocking to get wet, so when all is dry, I make the transfer. It's more work, but when you are tall, you don't want things to shrink in length. It's hard to find long shirts!

Never made it to the store, so that is a have to today. Aaron will be over later to haul my trash cans to the street. I only have to do that about once a month, and you would have a good laugh at me trying to wrangle vthem to the street, hobbling with a cane and them! When Ethan gets home, this with be something he can do for Grandpa this winter.

The kids will leave for home either tomorrow or Saturday. Matt will come straight through, but Sarah is toying with going up to Yosemite and then home over the mountains there. That road closes in the winter and I hope it's closed now! It will add a days drive to go that way and Sarah isn't driving yet, so it's all on her DH.

Mary - are you going to work on LOTR blocks in Texas? Those mini stockings are fun. Watch for little teeney buttons for embellishments. The ones you can order from her website, well, they see you coming! They were expensive!

Becca - so glad you are looking into some relief for TGN. No fun to hurt.

Dinner - So far, not in the mood to cook, so may find something on the way home from the grocery store. Cooking for one is hard to decide for.

Michael is doing better. He was a very sick little puppy. Still no word on when he comes home. We are both thinking now, next week. The PT had him doing laps in his room, yesterday, to strengthen his lung function. He is also doing breathing treatments to help the lungs too.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 am

Maryz - DH wants to take fly more and exercise more often. He also wants to train to become a Flight Instructor, however he needs to check the insurance. He also has a 1968 Chevy El Camino truck. He has lots of parts in the garage. He has a list of books and books he wants to read and a Study and Garage to clean. I think he will be busy. Oh yes, we would like to travel.

Jana - You might want to have Sarah look at the weather for Yosemite. Southern California is expecting rain on Sunday night/Monday from the Northwest which means it will be in Northern and Middle of California on Saturday. She could be driving into some really bad weather.

Becca - How nice it is to see BFF! I had a Zoom call with my BFF in early October. It was wonderful to see her!

Tonight's dinner will be Pasta and Turkey Meat Sauce (inspired by Becca) with a Salad.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:33 am

Michael told Sarah to come straight home, she is needed here. But like he told me, we will see if she listens. The joke in this family, with Sarah, is a quote from the Little Mermaid, someone has got to nail her fins to the floor!

Thanks for the info.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi everyone
3:30pm appointment and it's 3:34pm and we are already heading home from our long drive to Springfield, IL (1 hr, 14min) drive. For my cardiologist appointment. Usually he sees patients at our specialty clinic in our own town. But my 90 day follow up fell when we were quarantined. He only comes one day a month to Shelbyville, so when we rescheduled, we chose to drive to his main office. Boy what a HUGE place!! WOW, but so prompt. We arrived a little early, about 30 minutes early. They came and got me very promptly. Couldn't believe how prompt and so kind and answered all my questions.
Saw our regular family doctor this morning and this appointment in afternoon. Busy day. Glad we have chicken noodle soup for us to heat up for supper. We should be home by 4:45pm. Almost time to eat already by then.
Have a great evening.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”