Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 12

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 12

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:14 am

Good morning,

Another day, another dollar. Oh wait - we're retired. There are no more dollars! :( Oh well.

Yesterday was mostly sewing. I have all the paper piecing part of my Alaska quilt done (which is about 1/3 of the quilt) so today I will be getting my back-up machine out of the trailer and my good machine ready to go to the spa tomorrow morning. Bill said he will drop it off on his way through Tacoma to Auburn on an errand of his own. I will do some more sewing today, and some craft supply sorting. Taking some things to Autumn that I no longer use. Her library has a lot of craft sessions for kids and she can use most of it. And I will get a half-empty cabinet! Win/win! I also got a couple of photos of my two Halloween quilts posted in the Halloween swap thread if you want to see them. We cancelled our next camping rezzie (Oct 18-22). Just too much to do around here before we leave for Texas in 6 weeks, so we should be able to see the boys early next week to give them their quilts.

BECCA - I remember you getting attacked by a dog once on your walk. That happened to Scottie and me, too, while walking one of the loops in a campground in Texas about 5 yrs ago. People let their two dogs - a golden lab an a german shepherd - run loose. They suddenly ran at us and attacked both Scottie and me. I was trying to beat them off with the leash handle. Finally the people came out and called off their dog, but wouldn't come near me. They did pay for emergency vet for Scott, though. We reported it to the park ranger but he didn't care. We never walked that loop again for the next month we were there for fear of those dogs. You are wise to be careful.

VELDA - Glad you found all you needed for your project. Are you done with the diapers already? Or was this the receiving blankets? Bill doesn't like broccoli either but he will eat it with cheese sauce over it.

TINA - I hope Matthew likes his first overnight with you. We made many trips back to my parents late at night to pick up one kid or the other that thought it would be fun in the light of day. But thing are different in a dark unfamiliar room. My parents house was kind of spooky.

JANA - I hope today turns the corner for Michael! He has really had a rough go of this virus. Are you able to get to your Batt cave at all? What's your current project? Are you doing much Christmas sewing?

CAROL - that restaurant sounds kind of delicious! I always mean to be good in a restaurant but when I get there and read all the wonderful offerings, I usually end up with something yummy but bad for me!

Last night's pork roast was great! We also had mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Tonite's supper will be a reheated re-run.

What's running through your mind to serve?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Oct 12

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:46 am

Good morning! Well I didn't sleep well worrying needlessly about rescheduling an appointment. Got that done and all is good!
Mary, I shouldn't call my son's gal, a "new" girlfriend. They have been a thing for over a year now. ☺️ We really love her. She has a very ill father with Agent Orange as results of Vietnam and won't move to my son's house since she wants to stay close to the family for his needs. Her home is in Kenosha, WI, about 2 1/2 hr drive. They get together on most weekends.
And: yes, still doing baby diapers. Four more on deck. Then two blankets and matching burp pads.
Got my Secret Santa gift sewn. That was fun. No, no hints, it's a secret!! 😉
Supper was great! Lived it all. Two more chops to use. Wanted to cook them just a bit different. I will see what I come up with. I live to slow simmer after seeding them on both sides. It makes the meat so nice and tender. I have tators to fry in my iron skillet. And will do whole kernel corn as side dish.
That's what's up here.
Off to get another cup ☕ of coffee.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:11 am

Maryz - Please understand that I truly enjoyed my dinner at the restaurant and we didn't have to do dishes!! I have succeeded at losing some weight and that is my motivation for choosing healthy these days. I saved 150 calories by choosing turkey over beef for example and not choosing fries saved 1100 calories. The restaurant had all the calories listed on the menu and that really helped our choices. My husband chose grilled instead of fried on his tacos and saved 750 calories. It is just choosing better choices.

Glad that you have decided to stay home next week and see your nephews to give them their quilts.

Vel - Sounds like you have a couple of good recipes for cooking pork chops. I find that braising pork chops works well to get tender meat as well.

Tonight's dinner will be grilled chicken.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:02 am

Good morning!

Michael is up and moving around a bit more than yesterday. Yes, it's only from the bed, to the couch, to the recliner , he is at least moving. I get a couple of bites of food in him too. Lots and lots of water! Gladly take every little bit of progress.

Still have odds and ends in the refrigerator to munch on. I did make a batch of Snickerdoodle Muffins for my breakfast. Will freeze them for future munching.

Really can't play in the Batt Cave. Can't hear if Michael needs something. So I am just puttering around upstairs.

Pork chops sound yummy, unfortunately none in the house. I have been hankering lamb, but alas that too can't be found in the stores.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Hello everyone cloudy here today I just got back from Town I never go in afternoon but got up this morning with UTI so went to get my med
Got my groceries and Library run & flu shot too so glad it’s all done
Got laundry done & walk in
Maryz You will get all those quilts to the owners before you go I am sure
Velda Thatsstoo bad your son has to drive so far but my son used to do the same before he moved Hope they can get married if that’s what they want
Jana Glad you see improvement Any movement is good to help lungs & muscles
Carol I got pork chops today They looked good I like them
Tina Sure hope your DG doesn’t have to go home at night but I have sure had experience with that
I made the roasted potatoes and onions
& chicken tender today
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm

I'm sliding into my chair very late.
Mary, I think I'll borrow Easton so he can stay the night with Matthew because Kevin and Maria will be in Albuquerque at a concert and can't just pop home, it's almost a 4 hour drive 1 way from us. These concert tickets were bought 2 years ago for Maria's birthday but were rescheduled twice now because of covid and at first they were going to the concert in Cruces..... it ended up being a big mess.
Jana, so glad Micheal is improving each day, even if it is a little bit ❤
Becca, I don't like going out too much at night either but tonight Walmart messed up and didn't have Dad's Walmart order ready at 4 so we got the ready notice at 8 when we were out.
Carol, congratulations on healthier choices and dropping a few pounds.
Velda, it drives me nuts when I wake up at night and my brain just won't be quiet. I hope you had an easy day.
We ended up eating out with one of our brother in laws. He's going through his dad's house after he passed and he didn't want to eat alone so he asked if we'd join him. I hadn't figured supper because I was hanging waiting for Dad's Walmart order. It ended up working out perfect, after we left the restaurant and were passing Walmart I received the text that the order was ready.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”