Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:35 am

Good morning,

Well, yesterday was nothing like I thought it would be. Our friends assured us they had been home from their cruise for 15 days, past the 2-wk quarantine time (which they agreed was only smart to observe!) so they brought a pizza and I braved the store on the weekend for salad makings and ice cream for dessert. While I was out I mailed three packages, picked up our mail, and waited in long lines for everything. All that took me 2 hours. Sigh. Then I had to empty dishwasher, set the table, make the salad. I was left with only 1-1/2 hours to sew. I made a small gift for my Elf and fixed an Alaska block that didn't turn out quite right. DH got in more sewing time than I did yesterday! lol! He has my second Halloween quilt half quilted. I'm hoping he might finish it this morning so I can bind and label it and maybe this afternoon we'll go deliver them to the boys. I don't think either one of them works on Sundays.

TINA - how was the party? I bet Preston was squealing with excitement. I was a squealer and know how excited birthdays used to be. Any idea of how long until your king quilt will be ready? You will have lots of binding to do. Will you do it by hand or machine? Ahhh... I'd forgotten about painting the house. That is really going to cut into your quilting time. Maybe you need to have a BYOP (Bring Your Own Paintbrush) party and invite all the kids. You do a lot for them and it would be a great way for them to show their appreciation and return the favor(s).

BECCA - glad you are having some nice weather so you can walk. Do you walk on walking trails, along the road, or ?? You live close to the Blue Ridge, don't you? We drove the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway almost 20 years ago, camping along the way. It really took our breath away.

JANA - I'm happy to hear your sweetie has come home! And that the kids are better, done with quarantine, and are good to go on their trip to D-land. I bet they were sweating that! Now to get Michael up and running. Does he have a bell or cell phone to summon his nurse if he needs you and you are in another part of the house? I get so angry at people who insist Covid is just another flu. It is SOO not! Ask almost anyone who has gone through it!

VELDA- happy to hear things are getting better at your house, too. I hope your hubby improves quickly. My nephew & wife both had Covid, just narrowly missed going into the hospital. They were SOOO fatigued. Their best advise is MASKS!!! and also to keep a stock of simple foods handy, like soups. He said no one feels like cooking when they are that sick. So, while we eat very few boxed or canned foods, we are laying in a supply "just in case". If we get lucky enough to avoid the virus, they make great camping meals.

CAROL - thanks for the wool advice. I'm going to take it! Guess I better start shopping. How is your little kitty doing? You DID get a new kitty some months back, didn't you, and wasn't she a real "go-getter"? As most kitten are.

Well, looks like supper-time will be rolling around again today. We were going to have our leftover chili last night but Gus & Claudia brought pizza by instead, so guess we'll have the chili tonite. I also have leftover cornbread in the freezer, so a few pieces of that will come out to warm up.

How about all of you? Got a plan yet?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Oct 10

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:04 am

Good morning!
Mary, you had a very busy day yesterday! The party was great! He loved all his gifts and was soooooo happy! Holly bought him a twin bed and a black panther sheet and comforter set. When she went to set it up it was a full size. So that'll have to be exchanged. All 3 boys were playing with those Hot Wheels vehicles!
The king quilt probably won't be ready until November since the quilter went on a 2 week vacation, but that's ok I have plenty to keep me busy. Painting isn't happening today, it's really windy. The kids would come help but I prefer to do it myself this time, it's a replace damaged stuff too project and I'd hate to have plans and them come over and then like today the weather messed us up from doing. The whole back of the house has to be replaced. If it was just painting it would be a different story 😊
We ended up just having cereal for me and lunch meat and cheese for Frankie, Dad said he was too full when he left the party to eat. I called him at 9 last night and he said he was still full.
Jana, so glad Micheal is home and everyone else is better!
I think supper tonight will be chicken and salad.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:17 am

Hello everyone sunny here today & a beautiful Fall Sunday afternoon I just got back from a stroll around the close neighbors No one is Home Too be pretty to stay indoors
Maryz We went the total length of Parkway in the late 80s It was a gorgeous trip & we stayed in motels Didn’t have a camper then I have hiked many trails & in the Smokies too My late DB used to live right off the parkway in Boone His neighbor was Franklin Graham
I now walk our road It’s 1 mile to end of road so I go there & back & in development to Clubhouse Itsa nice walk

Tina I hope that painting goes fast That’s a tough job Hope you won’t be on ladder

Jana Glad Michael got Home Happy to hear all the family is back to normal Whatever that may be A nurse puts many miles in her day

I watched. Both Church services today
Then made lunch We are having burger & veggie. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:36 am

Good morning!

Not much new here. Just trying to see what Michael will eat. I haven't got much in him, but trying anyway.

The rain has stopped and the white puffy clouds are out. But it is cold! We got snow on the high peaks of the Wasatch and quite a bit on the Oquirrhs to my west. Talk was snow level could drop to 7000 ft. I am at 5300, so not much above me.

Mary - so good to be careful! The grandsons will love their Halloween quilts!

Tina - good luck with more painting. It's cooler this time of year.

Becca - we have all the fall colors here right now, so pretty. But over some of the mountain passes, the state closed the roads to protect the silly drivers from crashing off the road looking at them. Utahns are not known for their driving ability!

So I am off to rummage a kitchen,

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:14 am

MaryZ - Nice that your friends had such a great attitude about being quarantined. Glad you had a nice visit.

Our little kittie is now about 1 and 1/2 years old. She allows me to pet her and pick her up either when I feed her or when she is laying in one of my chairs. She is my DH's cat! She cries when he is gone, lays down and wants him to pet her. She is spoiled!

Tina - You need to replace the back of your house? How was it damaged?

Becca - Sounds like you have a nice walk!

Jana - Glad Michael is home. You will have your hands full getting him well again.

Last night we needed to pick up a new Rowenta Steam Iron at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Across the parking lot was an Island Restaurant so we went there for dinner. I came home and cooked the marinated Chicken which we will have for tonight's dinner.

Since I know Mary will ask I had a Reliable Velocity Iron, but they have changed so the new ones only have one heat setting. The plug on the old one isn't making contact properly and I need to have it repaired. The only place I know of is about 50 miles away and I am not sure he is opened. The new Rowenta is the Steamforce model. It looks good so I hope I like it. I had to get an iron. Quilters need an iron!

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:42 am

Hi, Tina, Becca, Jana, Carol and Mary.
At least I got here at a better time of the day.
Showered, coffee, Facebook Live for church, then off to Walmart. OMG! First time out to a store after Covid quarantine. My list was huge!
We were out of so much!! Friends offered to shop for me, but I am funny about that. It would have to be an emergency. I want to do my own shopping. 😉
Went through the drive-thru and picked up sandwiches for lunch.
Now I can go sew for awhile.
Glad you had a nice visit with friends, Mary.
Painting outside of house sounds like a huge job!
Jana, glad you got hubby back home. Prayers for healing.
Becca sounds so beautiful in your area. Sounds like a great place to walk and enjoy the fall colors.
Carol. Hope you like the new iron. Rowenta is an expensive one, is it it? Hopey you will get many, many years of use.
My DH is slowly get strength back. He is using the extra space we have here in our condo to do 10 - 15 minutes if walking around 3 times a day. That should help him a great deal. Tomorrow we are going to start doing our Walk for exercise with our "Leslie Sansone Video". We were doing 30 minutes, but we will start back at 20 minutes for awhile. See how that goes.
Tonight we won't much for supper. I might have a bowl of cereal or microwave popcorn.
Have a nice afternoon.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Carol, we have lap siding I think it's called and I guess we got a bad batch or inferior batch when we added our addition about 20 years ago. It has disintegrated. We had used the same on our front porch and we replaced it, you can really tell the better quality with the new stuff.
Becca, I don't do ladders anymore. I bought Frankie a scaffolding unit for him to be able to reach where I can't from the nice solid ground 😉
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”