Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club Wednesday Sept 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
gershwin64

Supper Club Wednesday Sept 15th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:56 am

Good morning!
Sorry I didn't get here earlier to set the table but I didn't sleep good and then at 6 when I fell asleep I slept almost 3 hours and Dad called me so my day started.
I'll be working on my Halloween blocks today. At 3 we'll go in for the kids and Dad's grocery order.
We hit 97° yesterday, it was hot!
I decided I'll make baked chicken and rice and then probably make green beans. I may make a pie for dessert, the grands love pecan pie!

What's your menu plan?

Tina

Becca

Re: Supper Club Wednesday Sept 15th

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:36 am

Hello everyone Tina That heat is a killer I just don’t handle heat good
Good that your DDs Husband is gone I thought you meant for a long time I know they all enjoy coming to your house

I will explain chow chow It is made with your choice of peppers onions & most people use cabbage & green tomato’s I only use peppers & onions Then you made a vinegar solution with salt & sugar & spices It’s very good with beans and meat
Shirley Mae Glad you to have you join us And I loved your cute poem or song
Hope things are better with you & Rod
Jana At this house we were going to look at dryers I thought before let’s check the vent & pipes You wouldn’t believe what we found A squirrel had built a nest in our line We bought a thing that goes outside to cover the vent so no animals can get inside now
And in our other house the pipe was installed to run up the wall & outside It got clogged too & I checked it & cleaned it out Saved buying a new dryer Our repair man told me lots of his calls were just that Stopped up lines So I saved us buying 2 dryers I felt God took care of us or we would have had a fire I have always been very fussy about cleaning the filter

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
I had to go to town to pick up med for CA He had fluid in his lungs Our Dr advised us to not let our cleaning lady come back for 2 months after she gets well This now is worse this time than last
Of course CA never leaves the house only for Dr And they put him right in room
We are having burgers black eyed peas & I went by Beths Got a Carmel Butter pecan scone & apple pie cookies I have me corn on cob
Becca
Velda I think it’s wonderful that you are already involved in your Church work & enjoying your new home

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 am

Good afternoon, I think. Yesterday was a crazy vertigo day, and today is the same. It's getting old, and I'm beginning to think it's the status quo. I really miss my long walks. At this point, I'd be happy for a short walk.

Yesterday I managed to make a batch of green tomato relish. One of the coffee guys brought a big box of green tomatoes, and he loved my relish last year. I thought this was a BIG hint. I had a couple spells where I was thankful the island held me up instead of falling and making a mess. I'm happy with the relish results. Last year's was green, as you would think green tomato relish should be. This year it is a lovely peachy color. The recipe calls for green peppers, and all I had from DS's garden were red, orange and yellow. Also, some of my tomatoes were blushing a bit although still firm and green. It definitely tastes yummy!

Jana--if you use dryer sheets, be sure to wash your filter screen with soap and water periodically. Using a brush on it also gives it a good cleaning. The dryer sheets clog the screen and cause residue build up making it less efficient for air flow and potential fire hazard.

Becca--glad you stepped up and set the table yesterday! As always, those bakery goods sound so yummy! Better safe than sorry by keeping your cleaning lady away.

Tina--you are also super busy! Sorry I couldn't step up and set the table yesterday.

Dinner tonight is still TBD, but it will probably be vegetable soup for me and lasagna for DH, unless he wants a pizza. I'm headed for my sewing room to finish the top of the first baby's first Christmas quilt and start on the second one,

Bon appetit!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Tina, you wanted to see my desk... So wah-Lah.. and here it is. I love it!!
By the way, thanks for leading us to the table.
Your baked chicken sounds yummy.
Becca: chow-chow, so is it a garnish to eat with other dishes? I think I would love it, but not my husband. He is a bit picky. 😞
Shirley Mae... Come joins us often. Love you poem/song. 😊
Farm Chick: oh, so sorry for the vertigo..😮🥲 no fun! Your relish sound delicious. Never tasted anything like that. Bet I would enjoy it. Again, though, I love vegetables but husband? ...Not!
I buy vegetables and then have trouble getting them used before to go bad.
I have to share this:
I think I opened my mouth and inserted my whole foot and then some. LOL
One of my great-nieces us having a baby early
next year. Baby shower was mentioned and invitations sent through Facebook. She wants to use cloth diapers. Wow, I thought, that would be fun to buy several yards of flannel and stitch some up. I shouldn't have spoke so soon. Are you all aware of the new cloth diapers???
Modern day cloth diapers are way more complicated with snaps, pockets, inserts, outer covering, etc. ( Which we called "rubber pants") So, now I am doing research to see if I even want to try this, or just order a set for her. They are very expensive. Yikes! I found some patterns for free. We shall see!!????
Then I found time to do bible study lesson and a few other things.
Tonight we go out to dinner and then to a dance. So that's about it here for me.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Velda, nice desk. I just looked up the diapers.
I had no idea they were so advanced.

Chickie, bummer about the vertigo.

Tina, have fun with your Halloween blocks.

I bet Mary is having a wonderful time.

We will be having Lasagna for dinner.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Velda - Such a nice desk! You will be very happy having such a nice place to (work and play)!

Becca - Your Chow-Chow sounds interesting. Thanks for setting the table.

Tina- Let me get this straight. It is 97* and you are going to make a pie?? You are most ambitious!!

Lori - Good to see you!

Yesterday was a Disneyland Day. I had a great time. Tonight will be a Sheet Pan Dinner of Chicken with Mustard, Potatoes, onions and Green Peppers and a Salad.

My day has been busy with Guild doings. I did manage to sew a few stitches though on one project.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 pm

The kids just left. The dishwasher is almost loaded. I still have the baking dish and a pot to wash by hand. I sat down to take a brake.
Becca, we wish he'd be gone longer. I don't think I'd like chow chow but I sure would that scone and cookies!
Chickie, I'm sorry you're having topsy turvy days. That baby quilt is sooooo cute!
Velda, love your desk! Now you're all set to sit with us ❤. Oh goodness those diapers sound posh.
Lori, I finished my Halloween blocks! I'm so happy about that!
Carol, I ended up not making the pie. I wasn't thinking and it needed to go in the oven before supper because the pan I used to feed 7 people was huge and left no room for anything else. Maybe tomorrow.
Have a great evening.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Very late to the table. I made chicken parm and fresh pasta. As per my usual, I made too much. But wait, Aaron and the little girls showed up and we had enough to feed them as well. We got the grocery shopping done as well.

Vel - great desk! And you even made it! Well sort of - putting it together is making it in my book!

Tina- Oh pie. I have been wanting to make a pie, but with just two of us, I haven't yet. I do have some single serving pie plates, but they are still big.

Becca - I love scones! The other, would not fly in this house.

Carol - Disneyland! I have a friend who loves that place and would love to be buried there, so she says! LOL! When the kids go in a couple of weeks, Sarah will bring me home some kind of Christmas decorations. I love Disneyland , Michael, not. His answer, he has been there once, that's all you need - he's Scrooge!

Gracie starts ballet tomorrow. Wwhat we call here, organized fliting. She is a bounder and is always dancing.

Well, time to clean up around here,
And growl- my Lila is putting stickers on my walls - big no no!

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi Jana - When I want pie I slice up a peach or an apple put some cinnamon sugar on it and microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds. No butter, flour, or pie crust, but it has the best part - the fruit. It is a good substitute and lots less calories.

My DH doesn't really like Disneyland either. I grew up living in Garden Grove just a mile or so away from Disneyland. We saw the fireworks nightly. Now I leave at dusk and don't get to see them. I am not a big fan of the "Nightmare before Christmas", but this year the Haunted Mansion is really something to see. They went over the top with decorating it. The Gingerbread house on the table must be 20 feet tall. I read they combined the last 20 years of houses into one. Really is something to see.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”