Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club Tuesday September 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
gershwin64

Supper Club Tuesday September 14th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Hi everyone!
I was away from home and received a text from Mary to see if I or Chickie could possible start supper club. She says there's no internet and their cell phones only work a little bit here and there so she won't be back on till Saturday. I just got home so thought I'd check and see if the table was set, nope so I'll set it. Come on and sit down and have some iced tea or whatever you prefer..... I'm having iced tea myself πŸ˜‰
We went to pick up my ruler of the month from the Handi Quilter program. I haven't had a chance to check it out. We also took Maria her birthday present, her birthday is tomorrow.
I'm on my phone, the battery in my computer is caput.
I think I'll have Frankie throw a burger on the grill and we have salad. That'll give me a chance to relax a little and hopefully get a couple more Halloween blocks finished.

What's are your supper plans tonight?

Tina

Becca

Re: Supper Club Tuesday September 14th

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Hello everyone Been a sunny day We had to head to town early for CAs appt for eye exam for new glasses Then we stopped at the farm stand for fresh vegetables
& a jar of chow chow
I got busy with laundry Then made lunch
For some reason I was pooped again Guess I have lots more healing to do
Tina Hope the ruler is just what you want Happy Birthday to Maria
I am making black eyed peas & Bacon corn on cob cherry pie Talked to Denise They are coming next week She told me to have my list of chores for her & Mark to do
Also Tina cleaning lady does have covid CAs Pallative Care Dr advised us to not let her come back for 2 months after getting over it
Have a great evening everyone. Becca

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Hi, Tina and Becca and any others who follow. I ckd here earlier and nothing so I went and took a nap. Then I woke up with a silly song in my head so I will write you all a little poem. Sing along now, ok????

Oh, Where or Where has the Supper Club gone? Oh, Where or Where could it be?
Did you all go on a diet? May be I really should try it!
Then there would be LESS of MeeeeEEEEEEEEE! Now end that on a high note, OK?

I was surprised that no one had posted this am. Forgot Mary was off on a trip. Have fun Mary, relax and enjoy.

Becca, what is chow chow? So sorry to hear about your cleaning lady with covid. Hope she didn't give you all anything. Your both are in my prayers for good health in the future. You sure have been thru a lot lately haven't you. Your supper plans sound good.

Tina, Thanks for starting this even if it is almost supper time. WE are doing left overs from Sun night. Rod had fixed a pork loin in the smoker sun and we had our son and Dil over for supper. They hadn't been here for quite some time. They were gone out of town back to MO to visit their dtr and SNil a week ago. She brought some tater tots and baked beans to go with it, and threw together a cherry cobbler for dessert. So we are finishing up the pork tonight along with baked taters, and some kind of veggies, whatever falls off the pantry shelf.

Tina, you are such a busy lady with all your family. I don't know how you do it. I guess I did more in my younger days but not anymore. Trying to be a caregiver to my hubby, and still keep up with all the housework, shopping etc, is really tiring some days. But I enjoy hearing about your family and life. My sister lives in Belen and she and Bil raise chile, hot ones. They sell them too and it can compete with Hatch chile any day of the week. If we were passing thru in our traveling days with RV, we always helped them roast it. Fun but hard work sometimes. Selling lots of bags full at farmers mkt on fri there in Belen.

Gotta scoot. You all have a nice supper. And don't forget to sing that little ditty at the top. Miss you all and read when I can. God bless and bring you all good health and much happiness today and all your tomorrows too. You all are in my prayers each night. My Qiad friends and family.

Shirley Mae/ittybittygma (not so itty bitty anymore and need to diet)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:37 pm

Good afternoon!

I have my feet up in my comfy recliner,. I just cleaned the refrigerator of all science projects. My dear sweet lovable engineer, saves any and all leftovers, even if it just a half of bite. Then he puts them on the top shelf of the refrigerator, never to be seen again. Then I get asked, where's all the Tupper containers? So I go on a hunt and clear out everything. Time to go to the grocery store. The refrigerator is bare! So tonight's dinner is broccoli cheese soup. I still had cheese and some fresh broccoli. Instead of making bread bowls, we will have some of Ethan's bread he made.

It has been a cleaning day. Last night as I went to dry a load of jeans, I noticed that the lint filter didn't quite sit in as far as it should. So I fussed around with it and discovered huge gobs of packed lint, out and below the screen. Now I am a religious fanatic about cleaning out that lint filter, every time I dry a load! So I was very surprised to find this huge pile. I do mean huge! Michael came and dug out and removed even more. So please check your dryers well. This is a fire danger. We are now calling around to find someone to make sure the vent to the outside is cleared as well.

Well, enjoy the rest of the day,
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm

Here I am, late for supper again!!!
Here's what we had: My own creation (from years when kids were all young and all lived at home) " Cheezy-Q's" , potato salad, and pork n beans, jello with fruit cocktail for dessert.

Today was BUSY!! Mamo at 9 am. Worked on desk assembly then lunch, hadn't even had two bites and received a text that it was time for us to go to Food Pantry to help unload truck delivery.( Our church is helping this other church as volunteer workers for this most awesome mission being done for our local community.)
After that we finished my desk, I started preparing some things for supper. Then the builder was coming by tonight to fix a couple items in condo. That all took place just as we finished eating.
What a day!! Now AGT is on with Finals. Going to watch that.
Hugs to all!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:45 pm

Good evening! I'm back!
We had to pick the boys up at school because Holly has parent teacher conference after school today, tomorrow and Thursday and then we'll have all 3 kids and Stitch all day Friday..... we're going to have Stitch every day because Adam is gone again. I won't even get started on him, you all know how I feel already.
Becca, what is chow chow? I'm sorry your cleaning lady has covid, I hope your vaccines protect you like ours protected us when the boys had it. πŸ™
Shirley Mae, loved your little ditty, too cute. We buy local Luna County/ Mimbres chile, we actually prefer it shhhhhhh πŸ˜‰πŸ€«πŸ€­ and yes it has mild, medium, hot, extra hot, extra extra hot and another one πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅ I only use mild and medium, hot gives me a stomachache. πŸ€’πŸ€•
Some days I'm not sure if I'm going or coming and other days I have easy laid back days LOL
Jana, same happens with my dryer and I'm faithful about cleaning it uber good after each load so we also vacuum it out every couple of weeks. It can catch on fire for sure.
Ethan's bread looked soooooo yummy!
Velda, you sure have fitted right in to helping your community, you are such a sweetie. Are you going to share pics of your desk?
Holly and the kids ate here so our supper ended up being burgers on the grill, mac and cheese, corn, cucumbers and peaches. I think I'll just make supper for them the rest of this week too to make it easier on Holly. The boys took their baths here too so they were all ready when they got home to just relax for about 45 minutes before bedtime. Plus she won't have to do extras and she can relax. Adam is gone for several days so it'll give her a mini staycation from some stress 😍
I think I'll do something with chicken tomorrow but I'll let you know in the morning when I decide for sure.
Have a great evening.
Tina

Return to β€œChit Chat”