Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning,

We will be off this morning and gone until Friday afternoon. Not sure if we'll have internet or cell service
as we've never been to this park before. So if you don't hear from me this week, you'll know. So carry on!

I finished another block yesterday called "Gimli's axe". It only took about 3-1/2 hours! We watched the Seahawks play - and win! Then our Boondocker arrived - a 68-yr-old woman. Bill told her in an e-mail, which she acknowledged, to stop at the woodshed and wait for him to come out and give her directions on how to turn around and where to park. But she ignored that, drove right on by the woodshed into our back yard! She suggested we should put a sign out there telling people they should turn right after the woodshed. My thought was, 'Honey, you weren't supposed to turn at all!'. Bill put her in our RV shelter since it's empty and that way she wouldn't have to be next to Vicki's garbage. She asked us, "don't you have an RV?" Bill just looked at her. Our high-profile fifth-wheel was right in front of her where she was supposed to stop and wait and she never saw it!! Anyway, we learned a few more things about being hosts - don't assume people understand directions just because they read and acknowledge them. And we need a sawhorse with a big STOP sign at the woodshed. lol! This woman had 9 excellent reviews from other hosts on the Boondocker website so we decided to allow her to stay here for another night even though we'll be gone. We have 5 security cameras guarding the property so we'll know immediately if anything hinky happens.

VELDA - I don't care much for solid fabrics, either, but much prefer TOT's. When I made my piano key borders, I just cut scraps into 5" strips, most of them were 1-1/2" wide but if some of the scraps didn't make it to that width, I used them anyway. A couple were 2". After all, it's scrappy. And I sewed sections anywhere from 10" to 18" or so. They are easier to handle in the machine. Then I sewed the sections together. Everything was random. How fun to be able to walk to church. Our church is only a mile or so away - very walkable. But it's a STEEP hill down into the Harbor and then there's always the walk back UP that hill - in church clothes and shoes. But with Covid, we are avoiding any inside gatherings of any kind, anyway.

TINA - glad the chili job is behind you and your freezer is full! I would never have freezer space for all those packages of chilies! Bet your house smelled wonderful! Glad you are getting those hugs again!

BECCA - sorry you missed part of Keith's service, but hopefully you can pick it up later. Sounds like CA might have been due for an exam and new Rx anyway.

I think our supper in camp tonite will be burgers and potato salad. Weather is going to be mid to upper 70's where we're camping and Bill will have his outdoor stove/grill set up. We usually do most of our cooking and eating and sitting outside. Just like real camping. But when it comes to bedtime, I don't miss our tent and sleeping on the ground days. :D

What's for supper at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 13

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 am

Good morning!
Safe and happy trails to you Mary!
Your boondockers sounds a little spacey LOL glad you got her all set up though.
Mary, when I go camping I prefer the inside amenities too.
Yes, our house really smelled yummy! They don't take up that much freezer space, about a foot square because of how I lay them in the bags flat and separated.
Velda, oh that's cool about your piano key boarder, I didn't realize they were different widths. It'll be awesome!
Becca, time seems to fly in between my eye exams too.
I'll be sorting Christmas blocks today, the last package tracking says it'll be delivered today 🤞 and I'll be sewing my fire down on my Halloween blocks. I have something else I was planning on doing but I've forgotten.... if I remember I'll do it too LOL
Tonight's supper will be some little steaks I bought the other day, baked potatoes and a salad.
Tina

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:21 am

Good morning from an overcast but warm, SW. Pa.....We're not to get rain until Wednesday so not sure where Mr. Sun might be hiding today......We are back from our camping trip...And my sister's camp is completely different than normal camping...It has everything but a washer and dryer which she's thinking of putting in...We certainly did have fun and it will take a week or so for me to get back to semi normal...Bit birthday bash on the mountain, lots and lots of card playing, lots and lots of eating and visiting and enjoying the scenery....
But, the other fantastic news, my sister bought a new double wide mobile home and it will be set up in just a matter of weeks...She's finally told the family, she's putting the big house and farm on the market (kids not happy), she's also going to have an estate sale (kids not happy) and she's doing something she's wants to do! She was born in the big house, never moved and she's just tired....I'm so excited for her, she's going to love it.....

Mary, you're probably on the road by now but do want to wish you happy trails, safe travels....Sounds like your newest "guest" is a little dingy but sure it will be fine....I can't imagine making or even trying to make the quilt you're doing....The only "different" quilt I've made was the Hockey player and I literally threw the pattern in the trash when I was done...That was my quilt from you know where......But, can't wait to see yours......

Tina, I really have no idea what you and Mary are talking about when you talk about the chilis but would be so willing to sample, hint, hint......Hope everyone is feeling better and stay that way.....

Vel, loved going back and checking out the pictures of your new home, absolutely gorgeous...Bet it feels good to be settled and able to sew when you want too......Wishing you many, many healthy, happy years in your new digs.......

Not exactly know what's happening here today except, cleaning out the suitcase and laundry...Need to pick up an RX and should get to the store for milk etc. but maybe that will come tomorrow....
One other thing I did while away, went to the nursery to pick up the burning bush that the gal was holding...Well, you know, I couldn't come home with just 1 lonely burning bush so I got a fairly big Strawberry/vanilla Hydrangea and a few mums...My sister said, coming home, it was like she was driving in a forest with all the plants in the back of her SUV....Kevin will be stopping over with shovel in hand....

And, not sure what dinner might be...If I do get out, Ruby might want to stop somewhere but it could also be a burger on the grille.....

You all have a super, great rest of the day......

Happy eating.............................

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:04 am

Good morning.

Tina, today is my day to roast chiles from my garden. I got enough to fill one large baking sheet and one small baking sheet. They are sure smelling good.

I have no idea what I want to do for supper today, but something is sure to come to mind later in the day.

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:26 am

Hello everyone sunny here
I got my walk in then CA was ready to go about glasses Of course he had to go in the morning for his exam before they will make any new glasses
Maryz I am amazed at people that are driving big rvs & can’t even read instructions but that’s people Hope all’s well when you get Home
Safe travels & enjoy it
Tina I too know nothing about your chili’s but I’m sure your family will enjoy them
Irish Your DS will love being in a smaller home Her family will get over it
Glad you had a great time with them
Rosebud So glad you joined us We miss you
Sure hope your chili’s turns out good for you Hope your health is improving
I got some cleaning of drawers done
Will have burger for me & CA had chicken leftovers Will add a veggie & cole slaw
Becca
Have a great day everyone
Jana Ethan never ceases to amaze us Now he is baking bread I too like Cheerios but never eat them It’s oatmeal for me every day with fruit or yogurt

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:04 am

Good morning!

Been trying to decide on dinner, so asked Michael for an idea. Here's his idea, open the freezer and play a game from Guy's Grocery games and throw a dart at what's in the freezer and make a meal around that. He's no help! Still working on dinner.

Kate will be here anytime. We are fixing Lila's dress for the wedding on Saturday. Aaron and Kate will show up, be there a short time and leave. Neither are happy with all that is going on. It is a huge disaster in the making.

After doing Lila's dress, a rolled hem and whacking off the extra long netting, I will work more on my stuff.

So that's about it from here.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm

I just realized that I had not posted. Oops!
Did grocery shopping, then had Bible study.
I don't know where the time went?
We are waiting for friends to pick us up. We go out to eat, and then to a dance. We eat at a pizza place that has a great soup and salad bar. Best homemade soups. Always have chili and one other choice that varies. Sometime potato, sometimes cheesy broccoli, or chicken noodle, etc.
Anyway, you get the picture. That's my supper tonight. Hope to see you all earlier tomorrow.
🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi I just read an amazing story about the Panguitch Quilt Walk on The Quilt Show. I am a member, but wasn't signed in so you should be able to read the story. It is quite amazing. Here is the link: [url]https://thequiltshow.com/blog/the-pangu ... b69330[url]

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Carol, I read that story a while back. It was in Quiltfolk magazine featuring Utah. The big quilt show at Ashton Gardens is this weekend. I have 3 quilts there.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Here's a picture of green chile, NM is the only state that spells it with an e instead of an I st the end, we're the Chile capital of the world.
Our state question is: Red or Green
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chit Chat”