Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 12

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 12

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:32 am

Good morning!

We are a bit cooler and I think we'll stay that way. Predicted to go to only 64* today. In fact, for the next 10 days, we are forecast to only reach 57-66 degrees. Our summer is over. And that's OK with me!

Yesterday was busy - cleaning, sewing, etc. I've been emptying the last of big containers of things - juice, mayo, mustard, pickles,etc, into smaller jars. They fit into the small trailer fridge better but also help clean out the big house fridge. I finished my dragon block, "Smaug", and did two more blocks, one of which I could applique! Yay! The "White Tree of Gandor". If you want to see the blocks I"m doing, you can check them out here: http://www.fandominstitches.com/2011/05/hobbitlotr.html

Today I plan to make an apple crisp and a potato salad to take camping. Also clean master bath, do a load of wash, and try to get in one last block today before camping. I'm not taking this project with me! But Seahawks play at 10:00am. And we need to hitch up trailer and move it to the front yard because we have an incoming Boondocker this afternoon and she'll block us in if we don't move before she gets here.

TINA - how did chili day go? You only got 40# this year? Will you do more? Seems like you've gotten twice that much in years past. They smell so good!

BECCA - I always wear gloves when I work with peppers, too. I had to spend an afternoon with my hands in a bowl of ice water to learn that lesson! But chilies are different so no gloves needed. I keep my glasses Rx in our trailer. For the same reason. If we're home, so is our trailer. If we're gone, our trailer is usually with us. Though nowadays, in this electronic age, it just takes a quick e-mail to get that info from your doctor or optician. But I still like to carry my Rx with me.

VELDA - Smart to fill your freezer with future suppers! What color are your plain squares in your quilt?

Our pizza last night was really good, but also really loaded. So we have more than half of it left for tonite. Tomorrow night will be in camp - a 5 hour drive. Bill will have his grill set up so we'll do burgers and potato salad tomorrow. Our temps should be mid to upper 70's where we're camping so weather will be purrfect for cooking and eating outside.

What will be your purrfect meal for tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 12

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:49 am

Good morning all! 🌄 Another gorgeous morning here. DH will check the dew in the grass. If it's not wet grass, we will walk to church today. Usually the grass is way to wet to stomp through it.
Well, Maryz, my plain blocks are not solid black. In fact, I wouldn't say they were black at all, but close. It's a TOT of very dark navy with a leaf-like pattern in a darker shade, almost looks black. I love it much better than a solid. I was looking for a black and saw this one. It really does seem black depending on what the light is.
I want to tackle the piano key border before I join the blocks into rows. I am so challenged with the piano keys, to keep them looking somewhat straight. I am making them in 6 1/2 - 7" wide, then cut that down into two strips. Join that and then make a nice straight border from that. It only needs to be 3" wide, so I don't want it to be not wide enough.
Maybe I am too fussy. LOL
Supper for me is leftovers again. Forgot to make my jello yesterday, so I will do that this afternoon. I will be cooking for lunch after church. Going to fix turkey bacon and eggs with a few home fried potatoes.
Ok, time for more coffee.
I think grass is dry enough today to walk to church. That will really feel different. 🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:13 am

Good morning!
Chile day went very good 😊 I think we alternate every other year or so with doing 2 bags. We were doing extra because Holly was always "borrowing" LOL. It's at least a 2 person job and she doesn't have help like I do so she doesn't get chile done very often. We should just go to her house and do it with her, for her house I'm thinking.
We had a really nice afternoon, Holly and the boys came over. It had been 2 weeks since we've gotten hugs, that about killed me... hug withdrawal is a real thing with me. They stayed for supper, the kids had burgers on the grill and Spanish rice and we all ate fresh chile chile rellenos, yummy. We got about 210 chillies so we're good for a year plus we still had some left from last year. When I have some left from last year I only do 1 sack of fresh.
You're really cranking out those LOTR blocks Mary! Are your boondockers leaving before you leave for your trip?
Velda, I think your piano keyboard will turn out great! I just see 2½" strips together and then cut to the length I want and then sew those sewn sections together. I think I'll make jello too, we love it!
Well today will be laundry and sewing my fire flames down on my Halloween block.
Supper may be out 🤞
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:33 am

Hello everyone sunny here & our temps are lower Fall like
Maryz Im sure you will enjoy your camping trip We always loved ours even if it is work
Your quilt will be beautiful & a true work of love from the Heart
We never found the prescription but we know we can get it He hasn’t been in 2 yrs so I figure they will say come in
Tina I am glad your big day is over & you got along good It helps to have a helper
Glad you could get hugs again
Vel I think that’s wonderful you can walk to Church Know you are enjoying your new Home My hummers are still lingering They eat off my flowers mostly
I tried listening to Keith’s Church service but in middle of message it started spinning I had to switch to our Church here
I will listen when they get it posted on line
It’s Chicken tenders with mashed potatoes We have strawberry bread too
Becca
Have a great day everyone

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:27 am

Tina, can't use 2 1/2 strips on this because I am using scraps. Some are 1 1/2", most are pieces about 7" x 8" some pieces are about 4" x 7". Stuff like that. My piano key is a huge challenge, but it's fun. To keep it FUN, I am not working at it steady.
Today we are going to put a desk together for a place for my computer and printer. This will have a place in the living room.
I will get back to quilting next week.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”