Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning,

Out on the deck again this morning, watching the beginning of the day. Not sure how many more mornings we'll be able to do this. Our weather is turning fairly quickly now. So we're enjoying it all while we can.

Yesterday was all about one LOTR block. Sew/frog/sew/frog/sew. And after finally finishing it (for the second time!) and standing back to admire Bill looked over my shoulder and observed, "It's still wrong". Sigh. I may pretend he didn't say that or I may try to fix it - again. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to fix it. And I also have to do some cleaning around here, pack a few things into the trailer. It's all packed but non-perishable food. But fridge is cold now so I can take a few things out. We don't leave until Monday morning, so no rush.

CAROL - all those places you mentioned sound like you had a great weekend planned! Sorry you couldn't get into some of them. I've often found many quilt shops are closed on Mondays even when it's not holidays. How far is Monterey from where you live?

TINA - Well, how's Frankie doing with the solar panels? And are the little boys all well again from their bout with Covid? My nephew and wife in Fairbanks now have Covid and both are pretty sick. She also has asthma which is complicating things for her. They are vaccinated but they are breakthrough cases. They've been so careful for so long, staying away from people and public places, but he has to go to work and some of his co-workers are not vaccinated which is where they got it, they think.

JANA - congratulations on your weight loss! You are getting there! And doing it the right way. You are admirable!! And yay! The Highlander is all yours! Does she have a name? And you are so ahead of the game for Christmas sewing. Way to get organized! How are things going with the Saga of the Great Lock?

VELDA - your quilt looks great! You did a good job enlarging it, and so quickly, too! It will really brighten the the room! I love blue!

BECCA - OMG! CA has been on the ladder - with his dizzy issues - cleaning a gutter? You two really test your guardian angels! I understand why he was insistant on wanting to do it, but still . . . . Glad all was OK. You both probably needed a few whiffs of homemade bread after that adventure!

Last night's pesto bow-tie pasta dish was really tasty. We're going to have it again tonite. With salad. What's the plan at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 10

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:44 am

Hello everyone sunny here today 2We started out at 51 this morning
I went down on main road today for my first walk the old way I made it fine
Been cleaning out under the sink in bathroom
Maryz If you were listening you could have heard me telling him to get off the ladder A man gets things in their head & there is no changing them It was on the carport towards the woods No one would ever see it UGH I was just so thankful when he got off
Then last nite he was cutting his toe nails & cut part of the end of his little toe off It would not stop bleeding I finally got it bandaged up & he could go to bed The fun never ends
Jana I commend you with your Weight loss Slow is the way to go And my you are really getting a good start on gifts
Sure hope the lock gets fixed
I even had to wash the rug in bathroom He bleed on it too
I am making turkey sausage with steamed cabbage And we have strawberry bread & Beths basil tomato focaccia bread too
Have a wonderful day everyone. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Good afternoon!

All kinds of fun around here. Watching Yoohoodi run, trying and messing up the phone app, and watching my Giants on TV. It pennant race time and we are in the division lead, so my Giants are on TV most of the rest of the month. Yippee for me!

So the lock saga - the locksmith had it repaired and working in less than 5 minutes! Expensive but worth it. Now, I tried to get the lock app on my phone. It kept giving me a Spanish version, for Central American countries. Finally got the right one and the operating version on my phone was not the right one needed! UGGH! So I had a huge picnic problem. Me! I had not updated my phone's operating system for a very long time. So after several hours of updating, I now have the right version.. so I then started to put the right app on my phone. I couldn't get it to pair with what I already loaded and use on my tablet, and now the app wants a new smartphone phone number. We only have one smartphone, ugggh again! Time for reinforcements - Matt or Sarah or maybe even Scott, someone! I should not be turned loose with electronic equipment! The tablet app still opens and operates the lock. We only have one smartphone because Michael's will have to fit in his shirt pocket and not fall out. They just created one that folds, but it ain't cheap! A rule that all old engineers follow is they have to have a pocket on their shirts. Oh, I learned that rule years ago and never, ever, never buy a shirt for Michael without one . That is a hard thing to do! Sarah watches out too, for pocketed shirts and buys one when we find them. That's the latest from my house! LOL! Oh, there are rules for jeans too, his USB key has to fit in the small coin pocket of a pair of jeans. That USB goes everywhere and must not fall out. We have found a specific brand of jeans that meets all the requirements. See, I have told you, engineers are a different breed altogether!

Dinner - asparagus, chicken and salad. If it's not raining, I will grill the chicken outside. I will roast the asparagus. Then again, I may just do them both on a sheet pan. I am in one of those indecisive moods.

Heading down to my play space, I can sew and watch the game down there too. Sarah is stopping by. She is making a run to Costco,, so she will bring me milk.

Stay Safe,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm running late again.
Mary, sorry about your oops on your block. Glad you got it fixed though. Sometimes we have to just walk away and start another day.
Easton and Preston are all better now and went back to school today. I'm sorry about your nephew and his wife getting covid, I hope they're easy breakthrough cases 🙏
Becca, my heart was beating fast over the ladder, I'm so glad that turned out alright. Ouch on his toe though!
Jana, congratulations on your weight loss!!
I'm wondering on your door lock..... what happens if you loose electricity or internet.... are you locked out then?
I sewed this morning, I only have my flames left to sew down on my Halloween blocks. We had a vet run and then we were home for a whopping 25 minutes before we had to leave again and go get Jazmyne. She'll be going home tomorrow. I'll need to get her laundry washed up in the morning so I have everything done. I'll do bedclothes and clean her bathroom too.
We'll be freezing green chile in the morning I believe. I may try to get a couple blocks done after but I'm usually wiped out after doing that job, it's hours standing.
I'm making quick simple burritos tonight.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Gotta love computer geeks! 2 seconds and Satah had the door lock on her phone and got it on mine too!

Tina - if everything goes kaput - no electricity or internet, there is a key that operates the lock. It runs off of 4 AA batteries, no electricity. So we can always get in the house.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:22 pm

Tonight's dinner was leftover Autumn Soup and Garlic Cheese Biscuit. Best kind of dinner - leftovers!! :lol:

Maryz - Monterey is a six hour drive. We go North on the 5 and cross the 46 to Paso Robles then the 1 to Monterey.

Becca - Glad you got your walk in today! One time I wasn't home and DH pulled a cable and hit his head. He bled all over the carpet and called the paramedics! LOL It was only a small cut.

Jana - Glad Sarah figured out how to get it on your phone, but now she has keys to your house?? (I am guessing she probably always has had a key.)

Tina - Glad Easton and Preston are better. Do you wear gloves handling the chilies? I wouldn't be able to do it!

I did lots of laundry today. I also searched for an Autumn Leaves table runner. I guess I haven't used it for several years and it has disappeared. I can picture it. The back is pumpkin fabric. I searched through the bins of quilts, looked in linen closet and my closet and dining room buffet and the Christmas bins that are in the house with the Christmas fabric stuff. No idea where that table runner is now. I may need to make another!

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”