Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:59 am

Good morning,

It was a wild night with the pets so I was up too ding dang early this morning. They had their breakfast and now both of them have gone back to bed with their father. And here I am. Sigh.

Yesterday was 4 loads of laundry plus a quilt. Dried the sheets and towels on the lines. I love the freshness of line drying. I also saw the chiropractor who worked on my wrist which is improving. I did some LOTR sketching of block layout and decided I would need more blocks. Since I didn't print off all the available patterns I went back and printed the rest of them. I now have a total of about 42 patterns. I don't think I'll make them all, but most of them. I'm working on #11 now. We're leaving Monday for 4 nights of camping. I don't think I'll take my machine. I need a break from this project.

Today will be sewing, cleaning, packing - probably in that order. Most everything is already packed so that won't be a big deal.

CAROL - happy silver anniversary! Monterey is beautiful! Did you go to the aquarium there? the Cannery? nearby Carmel? I hope the weather was purrfect for you! What does your hubby do?

TINA - I would be calling the 800 number for the solar panels if I were Frankie . . And I would probably leave the stump and set a planter of flowers on it! lol! I've worked on digging out stumps. Too much work unless you have machinery or dynamite.

BECCA - oh, I hope the hornets don't give you any trouble until you can eliminate the nest! Here, it's yellow jackets. Last year was a bad year for them, but this year, we've seen hardly any.

JANA - will you be back to your mini-sox today? Been a lot of squirrels at your house lately. The biggest one being that new locking system. :D

CHICKIE - it posted! Yay! I love Carmel, too. So did my mom, who took the name "Carmel" as her confirmation name. So I always have a good feeling when I'm there - which has been too many years now!

We haven't heard from Irish in quite a while and I know IDA hit PA pretty hard so I was starting to worry a little about her. So I texted her. No worries! She is off with her sister and other folks at their "camp" for several days. (I think in our neck of the woods we would call it a mountain cabin). She says they've been having a ball eating, playing cards, eating, playing cards, buying plants, eating, and playing cards. Well, as long as she's eating .. . . . :lol:

We have some leftover chicken so tonite's fare will be shredded chicken and pasta with basil, olive oil, garlic, walnuts, and parmesan cheese - my version of pesto. With a mixed greens salad on the side.

What sounds good to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 9

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:07 am

Good morning!
I can't remember if I made it on yesterday and then forgot to check now LOL I think I did though.
Mary, you had quite the night with your furrkids, sorry.
Frankie cut the stump below ground level. I was going to put a rosebush there but I'll just have it planted beside LOL
Frankie says he thinks he figured out the solar problem..... the sun 😂🤣😂🤣 I'm laughing here because I seriously stopped myself yesterday when he told me.
Well we've been grocery shopping, almost home. Not sure about supper yet.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:22 am

Good afternoon here. Working on my project to make my recent quilt a little wider. I will share pictures when it's done.
DH treated me to DQ's lunch meal deal. Yummy! Now I won't want any supper. Might do salads tonight.
Each of us had a piece or two of chicken left. Will cut these up and put on top our salad.
Have fun camping, Mary.
Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Just finished!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:16 am

Vel, that's really really pretty! It looks so welcoming ❤❤ great job!
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:32 am

Hello everyone sunny here Got my bread made & delivered And got my cleaning done too
It’s been a busy day but good CA finally saw the weeds in Gutter at back of carport They have been there for months I tried knocking them down with a long pole Well he gets on ladder with me protesting & holding him at same time he did get one end cleared but can’t get other one I was going to tell Marty & forget when he was here
Another day with Frick n Frack
Denise was coming but their windshield got cracked on Monday coming home so they have to get it replaced first Next week maybe
I have leftovers so that’s what we will have
Velda Great job on the quilt it’s very pretty
Tina I am so glad the solar got finished
One less headache & the stump resolved too
Maryz I am glad you are getting a break from your project And happy you can camp
Chickie We are always happy to have you join us Just take it easy I know how you feel because there is so much I want to do but can’t Bethany told me yesterday Grama be glad you are walking & doing so well I am grateful for my progress
Have a great day everyone Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Good afternoon!

Down here in the Batt Cave working on my Christmas gifts this year. Finished up my SIL's that lives in New York. I try to get hers done early because of mailing. Still plugging away on the neighbor gifts that Sarah and I are giving out. Will do another 7 or so. I know what I need, just trying to stay ahead of what Sarah will need.

The locksmith just called and will be here in about 15 minutes. Michael will handle all that stuff! I am staying out of it. I need to get all the things in order to pay the registration on my Highlander and get the title from the bank - she is all ours now! We could have paid it off months ago, but with interest of only one percent, we waited.

Dinner - out - the car knows the way. Our Thursday night Church class is back in session, so we will go tonight. It had been put on hold during Covid. It will be nice to be in person again. Our teacher is great. He taught college level religion classes for his career and is retired now, so does this for our Stake.

Not much else here. I have lost a couple of pounds and I am so near my goal - it has been hard to get to that goal. There is another goal after I get to this one. One small set of steps at a time.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:24 pm

Good Afternoon,
Thank you all for the well wishes! They are greatly appreciated.

We have been to Monterey many times. This time we wanted to do four things: Elkhorn Slough, Point Lobos, River House Bookstore and Back Porch Fabric. We arrived too late on Saturday to do anything. Sunday after Mass and breakfast we went to Elkhorn Slough. Although there were a lot of cars in the parking lot it did not feel crowded. It is a very large estuary. We enjoyed a very nice walk. Monday after breakfast we drove to Point Lobos arriving at about 9:30 AM. The Parking was closed because it was full and the highway on both sides was full. We turned around. We went to River House Book Store and waited a few minutes for them to open but had a great time. When we finished we drove to Pacific Grove to Back Porch Fabrics. I had copies of patterns in hand so I could make a purchase. They were closed for the holiday (it was not on the website). We decided to walk on a Sand Dune trail near the hotel. While we were disappointed we had a wonderful time. We have been to Point Lobos every other year we have gone and even saw a whale one time. We will go back, but not on a holiday weekend!!

Maryz - My husband is the Chief Engineer on the GPS Ground System. He works for the Aerospace Corporation. December 1st cannot come fast enough for me. I am really looking forward to him being retired.

Jana - Congratulations on the weight loss! You have done very well. You are very well organized with the Christmas gifts. Getting them done this early is really good!

Becca - Bread is so good when it is homemade!

Tina - Good for you not laughing aloud! I may have had to leave the room!

Vel - Quilt is very colorful, bright and pretty!

Tonight's dinner is Autumn Soup and Cheese Garlic Biscuits.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”