Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Sept 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Sept 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:00 am

Good morning

We are cloudy and slightly breezy this morning, but 64* so all in all, not a bad morning. I'll be off walking shortly. Then to chiropractor. I will have him re-evaluate my carpal tunnel wrist. After wearing my brace nearly 24/7 and doing the exercises they showed me, it's about 60% improved. That's a big YAY!

Today will also be laundry, including sheets. A good line-drying day. And there will also be another LOTR block to do. I've got 10 finished (all 7") and a gob more to do. Some are 10" and one is 7x23".

CHICKIE - I'm so sorry you're still dizzy at time, but thrilled that you are back with us at the table! We kept your chair warm for you! What a bountiful raid you made on DS's garden! And a yummy supper! I've never had a pear pie or crisp, but something new to try.

BECCA - well, maybe I CAN enter quilts in Kitsap fair which is just as far away as the big state fair, but a MUCH easier drive. I did enter four quilts once in our own county fair and took five ribbons. The fifth was People's Choice, I think. But the fair people didn't make it easy and kept giving me wrong info for entrys. And wrong date to deliver quilts to fair. I was worried with people like that at the helm, I'd never see my quilts again. Love that you had bird nests in your hanging basket. We have had a few build nests in our door wreath.

TINA - how goes the solar panel battle? I don't understand anything electrical or electronic, but Bill does. He'll be around today (after 9am our time) . . . . Yes, the center of the quilt is going to be a big mountainous scene. And I do plan to make the 9 people trudging the mountains. When I get some more blocks finished, I'm going to have to have a conference with Drew again. I ordered all my fabric ($$ouch!$$) for sashing, borders, and backing. It's coming from England.

Tonite we're going to grill chicken and potato packets I think. It should be a good grilling evening. After today, our temps will start downward so we want to make good use of the weather while we still have it.

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Sept 8

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:47 am

Yesterday was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We celebrated by going to Monterey for the weekend. We got some much needed rest. My husband is planning to retire December 1st and doesn't feel he can take a lot of time off before them because he is working on a project.

I came home and ran the Board meeting last night for the Guild. Today I need to go see the facility where we will meet in person and Zoom in September. It is a new facility for us. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Mary I hear you about the animals being demanding. Our cat wakes us up with her meowing. DH is gone and she cries for him. I have learned to play a music CD. It seems to soothe her.

Dinner tonight will be grilled Chicken, salad and broccoli.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:17 am

Good morning!
Just a quick pass through because I'm sitting at my machine with a Halloween block under the needle 🎉
Mary, he added another battery to see if that was the problem..... it wasn't. I keep telling him to call the 800 number but he hasn't so far 🤷‍♀️ I also told him he can call Bill. He'd outside now but I'm not sure what he's doing. He still needs to dig a tree stump up and level all that area back up. At least it's cool and breezy right now. I'll see what the status is on the solar at lunch.... we may be calling Bill 😊
Carol, happy anniversary!!!! I hope you had a great day! ❤⚘
Supper tonight will be leftover chicken and veggies.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:37 am

Hello everyone sunny here today
I went early to get DG pick up meds Buy groceries then on to Beths Bakery We had a good chat Then home & now I’m pooped I was going to make strawberry bread but will rest first It’s for our neighbors that helped when I couldn’t drive Will add some tenderloin from freezer too They love it
Maryz We do want you to enter it but not at the risk of losing it Our fair will not allow you to touch the quilts which is good due to soiling Ouch on the fabric
Glad the CT is getting better Sure want to avoid surgery if possible
Chickie Do take it easy girl DH still struggles with it too
Tina Hope you get the solar all worked out
Carol Happy Anniversary to you both
Yesterday I found a huge hornets nest up close to eave of house back close to roof It will have to stay until one of the boys come It’s on the doghouse dormer at back of house
Hope all have a great day we are having clam chowder for CA & corn on cob & grilled chicken for me
Last edited by Becca on Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 am

Good morning!

Tina- let me throw Michael's two cents in on the solar panels and pump. He says hopefully you have a pump that runs off of DC - direct current to the pump, from the panels. That could be best. Then if it is a AC pump, you need enough panels to create 110 volts to run the pump from an inverter that is attached in the system. I would suggest Frankie call the 800 number!

Becca - ooooh those hornets nests can be dangerous! My pest control guy 2atches for them on the house and barn. Even sprays the yellowjacket nests in the ground.

Mary - yes, the fur buddies do run the roost. Mine always did. Smudge definitely has Ethan at his beckoned purr.

Carol - Happy Anniversary! Monterey is a wonderful get away. We love the Asilomar conference area. The beach there is beautiful.

Dinner - banned PNW treat and fresh homemade pasta with scratch Alfredo sauce. Even fresh asparagus. Michael was just reading over my shoulder and approved. Reminded me that I have some peaches that need to be sliced for his munching. I fix them for him, I am allergic to them.

In a short bit, I will be in the Batt Cave working on my projects.

Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Oh the joys of helping an engineer! We are installing a wifi door lock opener. I am the lovely helper. I am holding the instructions that are on my tablet. Hopefully I will live through this! He already, in trying to see that everything fit right, got the latch stuck and it needed to come back out. He struggled, fussed and fumed, until he finally listened to me as why it would not come out and finally did as I suggested. Voile! I was right! One for me! Now on to the hard part. ... maybe you'll see me tomorrow! LOL!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Good afternoon! We had a windstorm last night, and therefore no to spotty internet today. This will be quick from my phone, and I hope it posts!

Carol--happy anniversary! Carmel is so beautiful!

Dinner tonight will be pulled pork (that fell out of freezer) BBQ sandwiches with salad and loads of veggies and fried green tomatoes for me.

Hopefully better reception tomorrow. Bon Appétit

Return to “Chit Chat”