Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:15 am

Good morning,

It's a deck morning at 54* today. I had a hummer in my face a bit ago asking me for a poke-out. Poor little guy didn't get it.

This morning we are going to Costco. We'll also pick up our mail. There's laundry and fridge cleaning on the chore list, too. Oh! and sewing!

Yesterday turned into a strictly sewing day. I spent 5 hours making one 7" block and a couple more hours working on half of a second block. I plan to finish that second one this morning and then I'll have 10 FINISHED! Whoo Hoo! I'm not sure just how many of the 30 or so I'll do, but most of them. Eventually I need to design the large center of the quilt and then arrange the blocks around it to bring it to queen size. That's when I'll figure out just how many blocks I'll need all together. I'm doing this project in baby steps, I guess. One step at a time. I have patterns for the blocks, but not a pattern for putting them all together other than what Drew sketched out. And he did a pretty good job!

VELDA - I hope you get those minor forgotten items fixed in your new home. The door sweeps will really make a difference come winter.

BECCA - yes, Thurston County Fair is near Olympia, but it is 50 miles down I-5 from us - and cancelled again this year. I'm not sure, but I always thought to enter a quilt in a county fair, you need to be a resident of that county. But I could be wrong. We are closest of all to Kitsap Co - 30 miles - but I live in Pierce Co. Not sure if those county fairs are running this year or not.

JANA - So, who won out over the closet light? I would like one in the closet of my sewing room. I took off the doors years ago, but it's still kind of dark in there when I'm rooting around looking for stuff. Maybe I can talk Bill into putting in some kind of light . . . .

TINA - I listened to all three LOTR stories on audio book and we borrowed the trilogy from Tex & Annette. But we are waiting for a cool evening when we're not out on the deck to watch it on the big TV downstairs in the family room. We've only seen about 4 mosquitoes this year and same with yellow jackets. Been nice!

I don't know what supper will be tonite. Salad for sure. Since we are going shopping it might be something new. But Jana reminded me that I have some green chili chix enchiladas in the freezer - leftovers from the last time I made them. They should probably get et up, so unless I forget about them - again - that's what we'll have.

Happy supper!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 7th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:02 am

Good morning!
We were 64° this morning and an easterly breeze, very nice.
Mary, here we can enter any county or state fair we want, we always have to pay a tiny fee, like a whole dollar LOL
I may take you up on Frankie calling Bill on our solar. We've done everything..... we have 600 watts of panels for running under 5 amps of combined pumps, we have the controller, the batteries, the heavy duty wires and the converter...... he has me look things up on the internet but I might as well be reading Chinese because I don't understand anything to do with electricity LOL I did tell him to call the 800 number and see if they can help him.... we'll see.
Are you going to make the center block where the silhouette figures are walking and it shows a mountainous background? I bet this is gonna be a total show stopper quilt!
Well Dad called since I've been typing and time is getting away from me, I better scoot. I need to get laundry going and work on my Halloween blocks.
I'm not sure about supper yet.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy in 70s very nice
Maryz We can enter any fair I entered one year many years ago Won first in my entries Did enter something years ago here too Lots of work to cArry it down then pick it up at end of Fair
We have never had mosquitoes here I did tell CA the other day we had no yellow jackets or wasps this year Usually they will come on porch but not this year
I hope your DGS treasures his quilt You need to be sure & get a picture of him when he sees it
Tina If you do electrical work you need to be sure you are very careful & always have power off Marty can do it but I never like to see him
Hope you get it all worked out
Velda I love my birds too While I wAs in hospital & rehab a bird made a nest in my hanging basket It happens every year on one end of porch
I got more laundry done Also some cleaning I won’t let Tina do everything Also cleaned refrigerator
I made country style steak n gravy With mushroom gravy Creamed potatoes and salad Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Good afternoon! We went to town and picked up groceries and ran some errands earlier. Came home and put away perishables then went to walk Ava and go raid DS’s garden for my peppers of all kinds, onions and tomatoes. Came back, and my head was spinning so had to chillax a bit. I’m going to put away the rest of the groceries and maybe go look at my sewing room if I get rid of this headache first.

Yesterday was a productive day! I picked a big bowl of our pears. These are a hard variety that eats and crunches like apples. I peeled them and sliced them, then put them in a pot with some Fruit-Fresh, sugar and lemon juice, covered them and visited with my sisters when they came out to visit. After they left, I added spices (basically apple pie mix) and some flour. Then I cooked it all up. I mixed up my crisp topping (oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, butter and pie spices). I was able to make a small crisp for us and put two containers in the freezer for future. I put baggies of the crisp topping mixture and the pie filling containers in freezer bags together—ready for future easy desserts!

Mary—that was a lot of sewing time! I know your grandson is going to be so blown away!!! It is going to truly be a work of art!

Becca—I entered a county fair when my DD was a baby. I submitted her christening layette—hat, bib, slip and dress. It was made while I was pregnant and took 5 yards of batiste, 5 hanks of white embroidery thread and 20 yards of lace. I was DETERMINED to have a girl baby to wear it! And, I did!!! I received a purple ribbon on the ensemble. The fair was in the town where we lived. I haven’t entered anything since.

Tina—good luck on getting everything set up and working ! Electricity and electronics are beyond the circuitry in my brain.

I think my Tylenol has worked its magic on my head, so I’m going to go put the rest of my purchases away. Dinner tonight will be red beans and rice with kielbasa, and lots of my fresh produce along with peppers and onions, There is pear crisp for dessert.

Bon appétit!

Return to “Chit Chat”