Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:35 am

Good morning,

I was up early this morning. Quilting in my sleep. I had to finally get out of bed just to get some rest! :lol: Of course, no matter what time it is, the dog expects to be fed, and if he's fed, he expects to go out. And sorry, Dog, but I'm not going out in the middle of the night with the coyotes and bears!

The past 3 days have been sewing in the mornings and doing some yard chore in the afternoons. I expect today to be no different. Another day, another LOTR block. I got all my summer cement squirrels, raccoons, gnomes, etc all picked up and put away for the winter yesterday. Bill and I have been talking about cutting a little nature trail through our back woods for our Boondockers to enjoy, so we might get started on that today. Not sure what he has planned.

I have a poinsettia plant from 3 yrs ago. Usually they die by mid January and I toss them. This one keeps hanging on and is getting pretty big. It almost always has one little red leaf. So I'm trying to see if I can make it bloom this year. I repotted it and we're trying to remember to put it in the bathroom with the door closed at night. I read once that to make them bloom, they need about 12 hours of total darkness every night for a few months. So we'll see what happens.

TINA - you have a very pretty 'sitting place' in your back yard. I bet it could rival Becca's porch for sitting! Our deck is high with a gate at the top of the steps. Not really afraid of bears or coyotes while sitting here. They won't come near people unless people act threatening to them. But I will admit, I don't like walking the yard in the dark. That's man's work for sure!! Yes, there are fairs this year, but no way am I going with Covid. And the fairs are all so far away through the worst traffic and heavy construction in the state. It's a miserable drive and just not worth it to show a quilt. Those crepes sound delicious!

JANA - I'm so glad none of my family work the highways. I remember learning in driver's ed oh so many years ago, that you steer when you look. So, I guess those drivers that are hitting things they shouldn't be hitting but are at least looking at the flashing lights . . . . . Would you call that a silver lining?

BECCA - I do admit to having a bird feeder high from our deck rafters, but that's the only food thing a bear might want. And we also have a fountain with water in it on the deck. But a bear would have to climb the stairs and get over the gate to get up here. If he can do that, he can have a snack and a drink. As long as I'm not sitting here! lol!

VELDA - what a nice, lazy day you had yesterday. I had a nice visual in my mind of you enjoying your new patio. Have you been back to your campground at all since you left it? It would be weird, I'm sure, to see other people in "your" rig.

CHICKIE - your Mr. Bert is a corker! So full of personality! But then, all your hoof babies are! We had Boondockers here a few weeks ago with a dog named Boomer. Of course, I thought of your Boomer. No Mr. Berts yet though. Glad you got to visit your friend, but it's worrisome, you being out on your own until you get over these dizzy spells. Sorry you had to do so much frogging. I was there with you, with my LOTR blocks. But my stitching is 1.5 instead of 2.5 so it's always a challenge to pick out those tiny stitches. And I make so many mistakes on these blocks.

We still have some chicken soup left. Gene asked me if I use a wash tub to make it! lol! But I think we'll have soup for lunch and grill a little steak to share for supper. We also have potatoes and salad. No afters. We generally don't have afters because we eat them! And that's not good for either of us.

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 6

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:30 am

Hey, look at me! I am here before lunch! I am actually sewing today. It's my personal mission to support Teresa K. And her Monthly Lotto. For me it's not about the winning, but winning is always fun. 😉 But I don't want us to loose this fun event for lack of participation. If enough people would just make 1 or 2 blocks, it doesn't cost much in postage to enter.
If you win, it can be a SS gift, or put into a comfort quilt for a friend, or placemats, table runners, table trivets, etc.
I think Teresa has poured her heart into this, so I really feel strongly about supporting her.

We were invited to dinner tonight, but had to decline as the seller/construction guy has agreed to do a couple of things for us in his evening off time.
A guide for sliding doors in our bedroom closet was missing and he said, no problem. Also is going to add something to our doors to fix a bit of daylight that is peeking through. That would be an issue when winter comes if it isn't fixed.
I told him we would be home, so he will come tonight or tomorrow night. Had to decline the invitation to eat out with friends. I am going to do two microwave meals and have salad and fruit cups to round out and make a balanced meal.
Well, off to sew. Have a nice Labor Day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:47 am

Hello everyone sunny here now after a heavy fog
Got laundry done beds stripped and dressed walking & exercises done & my Daily devotional so now must get dry butter beans on for CA Will add roasted potatoes & onions We have tons of goodies Estel brought
Maryz Isn’t there a fair in Olympia I thought I remember the kids going to one there I know it isn’t close to you
I would just love for it to be shown off
You do keep early hrs Your trail sounds like fun for boondockers and you too Not so much the cutting but the after walks
Tina I know your place is lovely I sure enjoy my porch Estel & I were out there & I told her if I moved that is what I would miss the most
Chickie I sure hope you have a non dizzy day today I have caught CA many times from hitting the floor I used to get him up but no longer
I thought you only had 1 sister
Those spoiled babies are sure lucky to have you
Velda I love birds and enjoy my hummers so much Your place is very pretty & I loved that you saved things meaningful to you That makes it feel like Home
Enjoy your sewing day
Jana Hope you day has no surprises for you Sure Sarah will keep you occupied I too have done tile in my younger days CA & I cdid a lot in our first Home Wallpaper paint Tile you name it
Have a wonderful Labor Day everyone
Becca
I also made broccoli salad
Last edited by Becca on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:20 am

Good morning!

Michael is out on his tractor mowing. We cut back the mowing to let the grass be taller and not stressed during the drought here. So far, so good. I rescheduled the vacuum to run while he's outside mowing. That's the uglies for the day here. Otherwise, we will play! Michael wants a trip to Lowes to see if he can find a hose to fit a shop vacuum and his new saw for dust collecting. I am still looking for a light for my closet. I want impractical, a chandelier type, but old grouch wants something utilitarian. We will see......

Dinner- have all the fixins for green chicken enchiladas, so that will be dinner.

Not much else here. Just the same stuff, different day.

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi everyone!
I came to post earlier and I don't know what happened LOL I was doing uglies and cutting out my fused Halloween block pieces. My right hand and fingers feel like they're going to fall off 🤪
Mary, yes, I have many pretty places for sitting outside 🥰 I need a freeze to kill the mosquitoes though, I went outside yesterday for about 30 minutes and I'm eaten up with bites, ugh. I waited till almost noon so they shouldn't have still been out. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe you could find an online quilt show to post pics 🤞 you'd really win, I'm sure of it ❤
Oh there's more that 1 LOTR movie, it's a trilogy plus then the Hobbit movies blend in there somehow. I have 2 movies, Jazmyne started watching them this evening.
Vel, I hope they have you all sealed airtight and your closet door guides fixed. ❤
Becca, I love sitting on my porch too ❤ my actual front porch is enclosed and that's where 2 of my kitties live, they turned 10 this year.... they were rescues from a person in El Paso who had over 100 cats! Winnie is a calico and she's the mommy, she was a mommy at 6 months old. Sammy Girl is her daughter and she's a tortoise shell. It took Winnie 3 years to let us touch her, she still doesn't like being picked up but when I sit out there she's in my hair and then will climb onto my lab and let me pet her. She loves her tummy petted. ❤
Jana, I think we have to go get a new Shop Vac. Frankie was using it and it made a bad noise and then started stinking. He took it to the garage and got it to work enough to finish his job. We've had that one for 23 years I think, it's been a very good one!
I made sausage kielbasa, mac and cheese and peas for supper and we had the last of the crepes for afters.
Well it's time for me to get the kitchen cleaned up and get the house and furrkids ready for bed.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”