Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning,

A balmy morning today at 63* compared to yesterday's 50*. Loving sitting out on the deck all by myself, fancy lights glowing and fountain tinkling and watching the 'beginning of morning'. Light breeze in the trees sounds like camping in the mountains. Love it!

Yesterday I made another LOTR block and then we worked together to clean out the big garden storage under the deck. Wow! Who knew we had all that junk. And let's bold that word junk! Two tractor bucket loads of leaves and dirt went into the slash pile in the woods, one bucket load went into recycling, one bucket load for trash. The rest we washed and restored. We earned our happy hour yesterday! Today will be a repeat - sew a block in the morning and do another yard chore in the afternoon.

TINA - my DGS was cooking at my DD's side when he was 3. And he earned his culinary degree on his 21st birthday! That had to be scary waiting to hear back from Kevin. I'm so glad he's OK. Some drivers are such idiots! Some DOT workers are idiots. I see flaggers all the time, back to traffic, putting themselves in danger. And cars nowadays are designed to be distracting. I have to pull over just to start the heater! I no longer listen to the radio. Can't figure out how to turn it on.

BECCA - I'm glad you are finding homes for your precious things. Only my younger DD is interested in anything I have. My older DD would give it all to thrift shops, and my DIL would toss everything into the nearest garbage can. So knowing your heirlooms will be treasured is priceless. Thank you for your comments on Spell Dancer. I wish there as a show around where I could enter it, but there just isn't.

VELDA - I love hummers, but I don't feed them. I'm just bad at remembering to clean the feeders like they should be and making new food. But they are special!

I'm kind of confused about supper tonite. Bill is going to Tex's this morning to help him install a surge protector in his trailer. He said it should take him until about noon. So Annette said for me to come, too, for cinnamon rolls. (In 30 years I've never known Annette to bake anything - not even cookies.) Then she said dinner because she had a ham in her freezer that had been there too long and she wanted to get rid of it. (way to sell it, Annette!) And she kept going back and forth and never settling on anything. I know I'm not going with Bill this morning. And nothing more was said about dinner or cinnamon rolls. Last time we ate at their house we had my sis and DBIL with us. They served pizzas they got at Costco, which is fine with us, but the pizzas were there long before we were and sitting in the entryway. We all went out to the deck, visited about half-hour. Then Annette said we'd have salad first, then pizza. She brought the pizzas out on the deck, opened the boxes, and left them sitting on a lounge chair about 10 feet from the table. Then went into the house to "get the salad". She never came back! Tex finally went to check on her after 20 min. Then HE was gone for quite a while! Eventually he came back and said she'd be out shortly. But it was another 15 min before she did. By the time we got to the pizza, it was stone cold and rubbery. It all seemed so strange to us. So we don't know what to expect today, if anything. So - I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup yesterday and we'll have that again tonite if we don't have freezer-burned ham. :D

I hope your supper is a little more certain than ours! :lol:

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 5th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning!
We're overcast this morning, I hope we get rain. Frankie got the solar power up and running for our pond pumps yesterday. He ran 1 pump for 6+ hours and it worked! I'm not sure if we'll have enough sun today to run the 2 pumps LOL I'd rather have the rain though.
Mary, do you have a fair there? You could enter Spell Dancer in the fair 🎃 We're 72° this morning, it would be perfect if it stayed that all day!
I read you had several bear sightings in your area, aren't you worried about setting on your deck? My front porch is enclosed with windows that open and we have a solid fence.... that's how I sit out in nature LOL well we do have a patio out front and all our sitting places out back and our yards are totally fenced.... but let me tell you, when the coyotes start yapping and getting close I come in, they give me the heebiegeebies!
Wow, I bet under your deck is all nice and spiffy now!
I think Holly and Paloma had the most stress about Kevin, they let me know after they found out it wasn't him. 1 grey hair avoided. Kevin talked to his coworker yesterday and he's out of ICU and in a regular room and he's doing better thankfully. I hope this has taught him a lesson...... hard way to learn it though.
I'm confused about your supper too Mary. What a strange thing to happen last time. I hope if you do eat there that the food is good.
I'm making crepes this morning with Jazmyne.
We ended up with chicken fried steaks, rice and salads last night so tonight will be baked chicken and all kinds of veggies on a sheet pan. If the weather stays like it is then it'll be perfect weather to turn the oven on.
Tina.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:23 am

Good morning!

Dinner will be our u late lunch here. Easy and no thinking. I am good with that today.

Mary - yea for that block completed. How many are there, besides the big center block?

Tina- oh the gray hair from our kids working out on the road! Aaron and the troopers learned loooooong ago, that when people, especially those who have been drinking, aim for the flashing lights on the troopers cars and Aaron's big truck. The troopers and Aaron always look as they stop vehicles for a escape out for just those occasions. Happens more time than not! Aaron had a trainee that just couldn't get the idea of safety, so the trainee did get the job.

Velda - loved seeing all your pictures of your home! Share anytime!

Church is quickly approaching, so need to finish getting ready.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:45 am

Hello everyone nice here today at 63
I was thrilled Marty wanted the items Denise had taken several things thru the years Alex is the one that never wants anything Nor Janene I have give to the grands & have names on 3 big items of furniture The more I get rid of the better I weeded out more clothes too A big garbage bag full I still could have a store
Lol
Maryz That sounds very strange about your Friends That would be a very uncomfortable situation I would make sure I ate before going to their house lol Your LO TR will be some master piece I’m anxious for it to be finished No pressure or rush lol
Do hope there’s a fair or show somewhere close We have a fair every year at Fall
Tina We have bears here but that doesn’t keep me inside They usually won’t come close to humans I never put out any kind of food that animals could eat for that reason And I have seen coyotes too but not in a few years They normally stay secluded away from people Living here we have seen lots of wildlife
Jana Glad Sarah is so handy My family is too except Alex He isn’t gifted in that area He is strictly business So much like his Dad & Granddad But they both were skilled with their hands too He just didn’t get that gene’ Denise is like Sarah she does it all too Especially since they own their home They always lived In Parsonages
Know those boys do keep you on your toes with their job
I plan to do something easy today not sure what yet
Hope you are more decided. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:48 am

It's almost 1 pm here. Went to church, then off to Walmart. Now I am enjoying the breeze and shade on my front porch. Hummingbird feeding. What a joy to watch them chase each other.
We had a brunch sorta lunch. Egg on toast with game, sprinkle if shredded Velveeta and bacon chips. It was just enough. We have our popular local band playing and parking lot dance at DQ. We will do supper there to patronize them and then stay for the dance.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Sunday afternoon—hello! I didn’t post yesterday because I didn’t want to whine. I never got to see my sister. After a couple of cups of coffee, I started walking to the restroom when Vertigo hit. I reeled across the floor until I could get to a corner and hang onto the walls for awhile until I was able to walk again. Bummer! Driving home was no problem. Vertigo only hits me when I’m up and about. I think both my sisters are coming out to the farm tomorrow afternoon. I tried to piece some scraps yesterday afternoon, and my brain was so scrambled that mostly all I did was unsew and try to figure out what I was doing. Yesterday was a write off. It was good to visit with my friend I hadn’t seen in months and catch up in person and show off pictures of our new great granddaughters!

I’m much better today . I went out and fed Mr. Bert and knocked crab apples down for his morning dessert. Got through my workout, or most of it anyway. Did my vertigo exercises, weights, planks and various stretches before DH arrived from Geezer Coffee. I’ve been doing floors and laundry. I went out and got Mr. Bert some apples and cut them in halves to be ready when he comes for his “salad” course this afternoon. I also got out the hose and filled up his water tank and put the hose away. All without incident! Happy day!

Vel—I don’t know how long you were in the fifth wheeler, but I bet you are swimming in room in a house
 at least for now. My hummers were taking in over 4 quarts of nectar daily and keeping me busy! I have 4 one-quart feeders on the back deck and one pint feeder in front. They were really something to watch and hear! I think they are slowing maybe a bit, but in the mornings and evenings you can’t tell it. They also like to come in daytime in overcast and rain.

Jana—Our kids get called out as first responders or to assist other agencies as traffic control. That can get pretty hairy on HWY 400. I know exactly what you and Tina are saying about the lack of road rules or safety of so many drivers.

Becca—We don’t have bears, but we do have coyotes and they come pretty close. When we first lived out here, one chased Odie up on the porch and hit the door. Odie escaped through the porch rails and off the side of the porch. We hear them all the time. Boomer uses his half-Beagle voice and howls back at them. It’s so funny to hear him, as he usually uses his half-Terrier voice when barking with Odie.

Tina—Those coyotes sound loud, even from a distance. They are creepy. Sometimes they sound like humans in distress. Jazmyne’s crepes looked so yummy! What filling did you use?

Mary—yes, I agree to have something to eat before you meet you friends. She sounds like her head is as scattered as mine!

Dinner tonight 
 hummmmm
 I have tofu in hoisin glaze with rice and broccoli. DH can have spicy pork with rice and broccoli. We are hot and dry, although we had 1/3” of rain a few nights ago. It helped, for sure, but we need more.

Bon appétit!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Chickie, we made Crepes Chantilly which is strawberry cream filling. It's funny I have several Betty Crocker cookbooks and they all have the same crepe recipe but only my old one has the recipe for the strawberry filling.
Becca, it's always so nice when family actually want sentimental things, I'm blessed that my kids are both like that..... sometimes they want things before I'm ready to give them đŸ€ŁđŸ˜‚
Well supper is ready so I gotta scoot. I hope it tastes as good as it smells!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”