Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB, Saturday, Sept 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB, Saturday, Sept 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning,

Today is my DSIL, Lee's, birthday. He's 53 today. I've known him since he was 9 yrs old. Hard to believe all these years have passed and he's counting the days to his retirement already. Someone around here is getting old! :roll:

I started this post a bit ago but somehow fat-fingered it so here I go again. Yesterday I made another LOTR block and then worked outside for a few hours. Today is going to be very similar. We're going to finish the yard art roundup, then clean out under our deck where we store sprinklers, hoses, extra pieces of gutter, lawn chairs, and a huge wooden box filled with old pots and planters. Most is dump-worthy. Going to pitch and purge, then figure out better storage for all the pots we plan to keep. So fun. NOT!

TINA - congrats on finishing those Christmas blocks! And hooray for the Halloween blocks! Maybe Jazz is ready to learn to cook a whole meal on her own. My BFF started her 3 kids cooking at age 10 and by 12 each one was responsible for supper one night a week. They got to plan the menu themselves and It worked well. The cooking kid liked it because he/she didn't have to do dishes that night! And they all loved it when they left home and knew how to cook! BTW, breakfast for supper is one of my favorite meals!

VELDA - I really liked your photos. Thanks for inviting us into your home! You are really getting settled. Your wicker hummingbird thing is sweet. I love the hummers. Though I don't feed them. And one was bumping up against my kitchen window a few days ago wanting to know why not!!

BECCA - I'm betting CA and CHICKIE have a lot of dizzy adventures to share with each other! That really can't be fun. Glad you are able to get outside and do a few things. That fresh air and sunshine has to be healing. Those fall muffins sound right up my eating alley!! Yum!

JANA - so glad Sarah didn't let that truck go up that hill! What a mess that could have been! She was really on the ball! Funny about the salt. When will Ethan be off house arrest?

CHICKIE - what a treat to find you here two days in a row! Now if we could just find Irish. I hope she's OK after the storm went through PA. Good luck driving to town today . . . Let us know how it goes. I know you said that you seem OK when you are driving. I hope you get some real rain sometime soon. We have about 15% chance of getting 1/4" this weekend. We'll see . . . . It seems to be always going around us, too.

I bought a set of 3 new fry pans from Costco last week. A year ago I bought those "Gotham" pans 'as seen on TV'. That's when I learned that using non-stick sprays ruins the non-stick surface in frying pans. They said you should use a bit of butter, oil, etc. instead. So I was very careful, though perhaps last winter's house sitter was not. Those pans turned out to be junk so one is going into the garbage and one I can still use in the trailer. My new pans are Henckles and made in Germany. Hopefully they will last longer.

I still have some cooked chicken in the fridge so today just might be chicken noodle soup. I can put it in the crockpot and it will be ready when we are. I hate working outside, coming in, sitting down to rest (and just maybe having a relaxing glass of wine ;) ), and then getting up to cook. It simply doesn't happen. So I try to have supper all ready to go on those outside days.

What's going on your plate tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB, Saturday, Sept 4th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:33 am

Good morning!
I had a sleepless night but gave up and 5:40 and went back to bed and slept for a little over 2 hours. I have no idea what was wrong, I was just wide awake. 🤷‍♀️

Mary, I have a rubbermaid shed I keep my yardwork stuff in and pots and all kinds of things LOL it's about 6' tall, about 18' deep and 3' wide? My aunt and uncle bought it and used it when they used to stay with us in the winter and when they quite coming down from Indiana I claimed it as mine. My aunt said it was mine before she passed away. I really like it because it doesn't take up any room, we have it attached to our fence with big bolts and washers.
Happy Birthday to your DSIL 🎉😊
We pitched and purged last weekend and Frankie has it all gathered to take to our trash station now.
Jazmyne knows how to cook a lot of things already. I used to have my kids cook a meal once a week starting at 16 but they always helped from the time they were little. I think Kevin is a better cook than all of us now. Maria is very happy I taught him ❤ her dad wouldn't let her mom teach her or her sister because he wanted them to be dependent on them and stay home and that had them moving out as soon as they graduated high school and they both went straight to college and got degrees and do great! They both teach their kids as early as they can to help in the kitchen. It's so cute, Maria's niece is 8 and she has YouTube videos of her making things and teaching others. I love it and have saved some of her recipes! She has one that her grandma is teaching her how to make homemade flour tortillas, yummy! Her grandma is from Mexico and is a wonderful cook!
Velda, your place is great! Now for the sewing room! 🎉🎉🎉🎉 I loved your stories of your little decorations.
Becca, fall muffins I'm there! Yum!
Jana, that's so cool for Sarah to be calling you about all the bells and whistles on her machine and you helping her with the workings of it all....I love that ❤
Chickie, be safe driving. Enjoy your outing, I hope today is a great balanced day for you ❤
Mary, don't you love buying pans that say they have a 25 year warranty and don't last 2 years even? NOT! Drives me crazy. I hope your new ones are great! I try to do the same on big yardwork days or plan on eating out or take out.
Yesterday there was an accident on 70 where Kevin has been working. His BFF's wife heard about it and called and text Kevin and he didn't answer so she called Holly 3 times and text her but Holly was asleep and in her text she didn't say anything to Holly except hello and where are you, stuff like that. So Holly text me when she woke up and wanted to know where we were. I knew something was up so I told her home and asked why. She told me about her calls and texts that she missed because she was asleep and then couldn't get Paloma back by text or calling. She finally got an answer and learned about the accident and then told me about it after they finally heard back from Kevin that he was ok and he doesn't work on Friday's and he wasn't working. I asked Kevin what happened.....a truck hit 4 DOT workers and 1 had to be transported by helicopter to El Paso, he's in critical condition according to the news last night, the other 3 got injured but are ok. I asked Kevin if he knew who it was and he said "Yes... I worked with him Thursday before I got sick and I kept chewing him out for walking in the open lane and being careless and trusting these idiots on the road!" I hope the guy is going to make it.
I think I make more of a mess out of the kitchen when I make breakfast food than any other foods LOL but it was yummy!
Tonight will be chicken I think. I want to bake it on a sheet pan with all my veggies, I love it that way.... only bad thing is, it heats the house up so I'm still deciding 🤔
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:39 am

Hello everyone sunny here We had a great breakfast and morning visit with Marty and Estel oh my the yummies he brought from the bakery He always gets a big variety to choose from Her muffins are so good & her scones as well as all the rest
We always have such a great time together
He fixed the light fixture down stairs for us & measured a cover for our hardwood that needs replaced between our kitchen & den He will get it next trip Poor thing always has a repair or two to do He also agreed to take the big picture we have had in family for over a hundred years His grandfather supposed to have bought it from Teddy Roosevelt’s traveling partner He is the painter I am so happy someone agreed to take it He also took my DBs sling shot that is 95 years old He is the one that drowned when I was five so it means a lot to me
Maryz I knew that quilt will be done way before Halloween My it will be a treasure for sure You need to enter it in a show for sure
Oh my pots always seem to be a problem I trashed one yesterday and used the dirt to fill a yellow jacket nest hole You couldn’t believe the size of their nest
Tina Its great to be teach children how to cook Ivthink all kids need to know how Mine did & it sure paid off because Alex’s wife was killed instantly in car crash & left him with 4 boys to raise which he did by himself
So glad Kevin is ok but sure sorry for the one hurt Drivers sure aren’t careful these days Most everyone is in a hurry
Chickie Two days in a row Yippee But be very careful with your driving CAs Dr made him quit 27 yrs ago He told him he wasan accident waiting to happen So just be careful I know how hard it was for me to not drive
Hope you enjoy your day out
Jana I know there’s activity at your house Hope Ethan soon gets free of his Home bound days I am impressed with his cleaning
We won’t have a big meal today due to our big eat this morning It wAs more brunch than breakfast We will have a sandwich or cereal. Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:00 am

I am a little late, but better than yesterday. We just finished lunch. I was a busy bee this morning. Sorting and reorganizing my sewing space. I need another shelf or plastic drawer unit for a few more things.
I am ready to do some sewing next week.
Supper tonight will be pork cutlets that, I think we're tenderized. I plan to pan fry and then serve in a bun with potato chips.
My husband happened to look out the window yesterday and happened to see a Hummer checking out my fall decorations. So I hurried and fix some nectar. This morning we were lucky to see 3 or 4 birds feeding and perching on our flag pole, etc. That made us very happy!
That's all the news here.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”