Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning,

Going to be another busy day here around the old Rockin' Z. I took my shower at 0430 just so my thick curly hair would be air dry by walking time at 0700. Then dr appt, massage appt, fetch the mail. I have kitchen to clean after last night's dinner, a couple of free hours, then we leave at 3:30 again to meet friends for an early Mexican dinner. Whew! I think we need to install a revolving door here!

Bill finished quilting my Spell Dancer yesterday. I hope to get it bound and labeled today or tomorrow for sure. Then I'll share photos. He had an awesome Halloween pattern that he used.

JANA - poor Ethan! At least he's got a good little nurse! My younger sister stabbed me in my thigh with a pencil when we were kids. The lead broke off and stayed there, visible under the skin, well into my adulthood. It didn't feel good when it happened. So hugs to Ethan! And actually, I've done 4 Gypsy Dancers. One for me, one for my dance partner, Marlene, Pinky, and now Spell Dancer. Don't think Anniversary Waltz is going to make it onto the dance card - at least not this year. I did tell Bill your idea, though.

BECCA - I'm relieved you didn't have a lot of fallout from that storm. Four hours without electricity isn't too bad when you consider how badly it could have gone. Errands - I hate running errands! you have a lot of them. Most of our errands are Bill's, so he does most of the running, which is fine with me!

TINA - that's sweet that Jazz considers your place home. I hope the boys are doing OK. Adam doesn't sound like he's the best nurse . . . Thank you for your faith in my abilities. They are truly being tested with this LOTR. Still not sure I can pull it off. Crossing fingers. Sorry the black on black and white on white are giving your eyes fits. You might try a shade or two different color thread. It will be easier to see but also accent the piece you are stitching.

I was thinking we'd have last night's leftovers for supper when Bill reminded me we are meeting friends (Tex & Annette) for Mexican today at 4pm. We go early to avoid crowds. So no cooking for me. Tomorrow will be leftovers.

How about you?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 2nd

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:33 am

Good morning 🥰
We had rain rain rain yesterday, it was glorious!
Mary, your Rockin Z sure has been the place to be it sounds like! I know you're loving it all!
I'm sewing snow down on my Christmas blocks still LOL white on white makes it look more snowy. Well I think LOL
We had leftovers last night so tonight will be new food.... meatloaf just this second popped into my head and it's one of Jazmyne's favorites so I'll make it and potatoes, carrots and a salad.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:03 am

Hi everyone
Taking a lunch break before finishing the assembly.
I have to make it short. Time is precious today
Having taco salad tonight. Easy to make and yummy!
Hope everyone has a great day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:09 am

Hello everyone sunny here
Waiting in Drs office for my shots Other appt went fast
Maryz When you are the only one to do everything it takes more time And with me not able to drive things piled up
Enjoy your evening with friends
Jana Poor Ethan Hope he’s all fixed up now
Velda I know that assembling is getting old by now Best of luck
Tina That Jazz is a blessed little girl Enjoy your day Meatloaf sounds good
We have spaghetti left so that will be on table. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:10 am

Good almost afternoon!

Been getting things done around here. Almost all caught up on everything. Then I will head down to 0pay in my happy zone, the Batt Cave! Michael is busy in the office doing some consulting work. It amazes him on how little these new engineers know working on the systems running the railroad.

Dinner - we went out last night and nibbled very tasty hamburgers, so I think the soup will happen tonight.

Mary - saw the patterns for your latest creation - wow! Yours will be a definite masterpiece.

Tina- it's hard for me too to see TOT's, as what is the right side. Even with my glasses 9n!

Becca - yummy fresh bread - a favorite of mine!

Ethan is doing very well today. I am sure he is enjoying telling his war stoties! LOL! Lila took very good care of him. Shared her snacks. That's a huge deal, she loves her snacks. She is a muncher.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:10 pm

A quick little drop in to let you know I am still on the planet. Still battling vertigo that comes and goes. Some days are much better or much worse than others. There is no rhyme or reason or warning. Oh well. I keep telling myself it could certainly be much worse.

Mr. Bert was 5 months old yesterday. He is very spoiled. We have crab apples that are not good for anything, but he loves them. Now that he is unable to reach the ones left, we knock a supply down for him morning and evening. We also have apples that aren't good for eating, so he gets them now as well. Timi also comes to the gate and eats as many as I will bring to feed her. I tried offering them to the other cows, but they weren't interested. I'm sure Timi is happy to have all for her and no pushing and shoving by the other cows to get treats. Mr. Bert still comes and stays in his shed every night.

Dinner tonight will be some leftovers--rice with some spicy pork that I made, artichoke for me, corn for DH and salad. When I walk Choc, I raid DS3's garden for tomatoes and peppers of all types. I've made some pickled peppers--both jalapeno and banana with bell and onions. All for me, since DH won't eat them. I'll try to get back sooner, but know I'm thinking of all of you!

Return to “Chit Chat”