Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, SEPT 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, SEPT 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:30 am

Good chilly morning!

Sitting inside this morning. We may get a few more warmish mornings later this week, but I think the season is starting to turn. Not sure yet if I'm glad or sad about that. Bill did book us 4 nights of camping on the other side of the mountains in central WA Sept 13-18 and we'll have warm weather there for sure. And we have two camping trips planned in October at two different campgrounds at the Coast. Then - not so sure. Still haven't decided if we're going south this year or not. Texas is a hotbed of virus right now. And even though we're fully vaccinated and will get the booster when we can, I'm still not hot on the idea. If we had an accident or other illness (like my sister last year!), the hospitals are past full. Unless there's a Christmas wedding to attend . . ;) Then I would want to go for an abreviated trip.

My dental cleaning went very well with my new hygienist yesterday. She took the entire hour and my teeth felt so clean. I loved my old hygienist, but perhaps he didn't do the best job. He only took about 40 min. Then I went to work in the sewing room. I finished a fourth LOTR block. They are getting more difficult. But it is kind of fun. Today is chiro appt, grocery shopping, sewing, and then making supper for company.

TINA -Did you get your Christmas blocks finished? I haven't checked in on the Christmas swap thread for a few days. I can't wait to see your North Pole blocks in person. How are the boys feeling?

IRISH - So - did your sis find a mobile she liked? When Bill's sis bought one it took 8 months before she got into it. Even after it was manufactured it took a month to "set" it. I forgot you were in the Christmas swap, too! Can't wait to see your blocks! And I won't have to wait much longer!🎄 Funny that we're doing Christmas before Halloween.

JANA - Did I miss something? Enchirito? You made that up! Describe please. I hadn't heard that hint about a bit of sour cream in the refried beans. I'm going to try to remember that. Yay for Sarah's new machine! Did she keep her old one or trade it in or is she selling it?

BECCA - maybe you never had mice because you kept your dogfood in the sealed container. :) We did get mice one year and we found their nest in my FABRIC STASH!!! Along with about a cup of dry cat food and a lot of shredded fabric! After that, we DID seal up our pet foods! I didn't realize Ida was going to hit you, too. What a terrible storm. Hope you got your power back quickly.

Tonite's dinner is going to be sherried artichoke chicken over bow tie pasta and a nectarine pecan salad. I had dessert planned - rustic apple pie with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce - but our guests said they want to bring something.

How is your supper plan coming along?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, SEPT 1st

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning!
We got a very nice rain last night, for over an hour and part of that it really poured! Yay us!
Mary, that LOTR quilt is going to be a true masterpiece! You should enter it somewhere, I know you'll win best of show!
The boys are doing better than they were over the weekend. They were still in bed when Holly left this morning so I'll have to wait till later to see how they're doing. I call Adam's phone to check but he doesn't answer 😤
I'm still working on my Christmas swap blocks, the white on white is really hard on my eyes..... black on black and white on white are eye strainers for me! And I just got brand new glasses with a new prescription, I'm sewing by a window and I'm using 2 lights so I have plenty of light 🤷‍♀️ I may end up just having to write North Pole on them.
Jana, I'm curious how you made your enchurito.
Becca, Dad has totes on his porch where he keeps the open food bit he uses the van for storing the unopened bags.... but I still think mice would be able to smell them.
Irish, we have a double wide mobile home manufacturing place just about 4 miles from us, they make beautiful homes. They sure send them out in droves!
We have leftover chicken alfredo or I could do a hamburger helper or burritos or tacos...... hmmmmmm what will it be...... I'll ask Jazmyne and Frankie what they feel like when Jazmyne gets home from school, she's loving living with us LOL she's always wanted to since she lived here her first 4 years. She always says this is her home ❤
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:05 am

Hello everyone sunny here after lots of rain all day Thru the night Some wind too Got two hanging baskets I took them down but the wind still moved them
But those people inLouisna they took the brunt There was lots of power outages and trees down here We had no damage thank The Lord Our power was out 4 hrs

Tina cleaned this morning U made a pot of spaghetti sauce Soctgat will be our meal
With salad and Beths bread
Maryz Your meal sounds delicious
I know your LoTR will be something to see
We don’t have Senior hrs here anymore But I go early and not many are there yet
Tina Your little Jazz needs to just move in Sure she is big enough to be a big help to you

Jana Sarah will keep you on your toes lol With all her play toys
Yesterday I figured why I was tired I had 6 stops And I accomplished a lot too
Have a great day everyone. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:54 am

Good morning from here for a minute or so more!

I am just waiting for my Lila to come over. It's Kate and Aaron's anniversary and they are going out to lunch together. Originally, Lila was going to be at Sarah's, but the was a accident with Ethan at school, so Sarah is rushing him to the Insta Care. All I know is that involves Ethan's hand and a pencil being shoved in his hand and the lead breaking and being left in the wound. Ouch! So I will have Lila and possibly picking Gracie up at her school when she is done. The school tried unsuccessfully to remove the lead, so that is why Sarah is taking him to the Insta Care. My poor sweet boy.

Dinner here will be broccoli cheese soup. My enchiritos are really easy to make. I do ours in a single serving oval dish. One for each of us.. I made taco meat, seasoned with my favorite Old El Paso Taco seasoning. After I browned the meat, I pulsed it in my small food processor. Michael likes it cooked in finely, small pieces. I like chunks, but did these for him. Then added and cooked according to taco seasoning packet. I heated a can of refried beans, making them creamy with some sour cream added as they warmed and a small bit of grated cheese. That's the filling components. Warmed a flour burrito shell and then spread about 3 tablespoons of beans on the center, then the meat on top of that. Michael likes chopped onions, so added that to his, then added grated cheddar cheese. Fold in the sides and roll like a burrito. Place in oval dish and then cover with enchilada sauce, as much or little as you prefer. Just cover all all the burrito. Top with a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese and heat. The first night, I did it in the oven, the second night I zapped it for 2 1/2 minutes in my microwave. Worked beautifully! The cheese melted and everything was hot. Michael topped his with more raw onions and olives. I added sour cream to mine. Add goodies you like. It is basically a smothered burrito. The enchirito is the Taco Bell menu name. I used 1 lb of ground turkey and it made 4 generous enchiritos for us. We are going to make the next one with green enchilada sauce. Red was the original. A really quick meal.

Update on Ethan - Kate showed me the picture of the wound. It's in the palm, near the wrist area and quite deep. They will be able at the Insta Care to clean it well. It's good to have EMT's in the family.

I am now watching Lila and Frozen 2. Lila knows all the words to all the songs and sings them with the movie. She has perfect pitch just like her mother.

Tina- you will be a great head elf for Secret Santa next year! Jaz is like our Ethan, would rather be here most of the time.

Becca - hope that not too much rain falls on you.

Mary - now you know why you made three Gypsy Dancers - practice for this new adventure.

Irish - hope your sister finds just the perfect new home.

Well, better keep a close eye on my little charge, she can get 8n to trouble faster than I can type the word!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Latest update on Ethan - with a few blood curdling cries, the doctor removed the lead - in two pieces, about 3/8" long. They want to wound to be left open and heal slowly, so no neosporin, etc. There is just a loose gauze and tape on it. Oh, even with a topical pain killer, we still had lots of tears. He is much better right now. Lila is going to Sarah's house and she is already mothering Ethan, opening the door, making sure Ethan is alright. She's 3. I am sure there will be some great Lila stories after this.

Return to “Chit Chat”