Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning,

Another beautiful morning out on the deck. It's pretty overcast, though we're being told that's smoke haze, not clouds. The winds shifted. It was the same yesterday and by end of the day, my throat was sore, I assume from the smoke.

Yesterday I finished my Halloween blocks just in time for my sister's visit. Sewing time will be at a real premium for the next few weeks. When I'm with her, I seem to spend more time in ER waiting rooms than in my sewing room. Bill also finished quilting my pink Gypsy Dancer 3. This morning I"ll trim, bind, and label it and then let Foxy have a good roll in it before sending it off to Autumn. Her cats will have fun "visiting" with our cat. >^+^<

JANA - You might want to quit turning on the TV in the mornings! lol! So, does your quilt have a name so I can look up the pattern? Or maybe you could post a pic of what it's going to look like? I always want to know everything, you know.

I'll be making chicken enchiladas this afternoon so they'll be ready to pop into the oven come suppertime. Trying to decide if I want to use green chili sauce or red sauce. Maybe Tina will log on today and help me decide since she's the queen of Mexican cooking. We'll also have traditional rice and beans and a salad. I have ice cream bars for dessert. Oh, and watermelon. If I've got GD3 done, and all the kitchen work finished and Al & Tina still haven't arrived, I'm going to start putting my Sew-Along blocks together. Or I might just sit on the deck and read. Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions . . .

And what's your decision on supper tonite
?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Aug 2nd

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:19 am

Good morning!
What a busy daughter, grands weekend I had! I loved it! I was hurting and exhausted but I still loved it!
Mary, I wish we'd cool down in the mornings, even Frankie is being bothered by the heat this year and he's worked outside his whole life!
I have to say I don't care for red chicken enchiladas and red is my favorite sauce....I could drink the stuff πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ when I do chicken I do green. Maybe I'm just weird though πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Smoke bothers my throat too and my nose and lungs protest bigtime.
Here you are finishing your Halloween blocks and I'm still in the finding the right fabrics for certain pieces. I'm going to start my Christmas blocks today first though. I have it all washed from buying my background and my wood sign part though. My plan was for yesterday but when Holly asked if I wanted to go again I found myself saying yes and we had a great day! Frankie stayed home and babysat Stitch.... he doesn't like shopping, his loss!
Jana, yes I've been wondering what quilt you're making too. I'm with Mary, we just gotta know these things πŸ˜‰
I'm not sure about supper yet. I think it'll include salad and so far that's all I know.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am

Hi everyone. Happy Monday! I really am getting lazy about cooking. We have had an invitation to go out to dinner again with friends. No dance this Monday but the group of friends still want to meet to have dinner. Then take a drive through the countryside. We will thoroughly enjoy exploring the back roads around Shelbyville. With our big truck we always feel like it take too much gas to just go out and explore the country roads. We used to love to do that when we road a motorcycle.
So, the boondockers backed out. What a shame, I can see how it would be fun to entertain them.
Just heard from our realtor, and our closing is actually scheduled now for the 16th in the morning. At least we now know for sure.
That's all from here.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:02 am

Good morning!

We are late here with breakfast. My croissants are almost done. I have been busy though, straightening up my closet, bathroom and bedroom. Then out to the kitchen and put away the clean dishes and pans. I started breakfast then too. It is raining and a good cloud cover. The rain is a blessing, but there have been many flooding issues and mudslides closing roads. The switch has been flipped on our weather, we are cooling and fall is not far away.

OK, the quilt is from Still Stripping and is called Fabric Gal. I am doing the patches in white, pink, purple, teal and a sherbet shade of orange. They read as solid colors, mixed batiks. The background is a TOT white. The focus, my favorite piece is a white background with water color flowers splashed on it. It is the borders and the back. The piece giving me fits, is all those colors, in a strip that is a meandering stripe, each color about a 1/4 inch wide and they are not straight. It probably will be cut on the bias and become the binding, so Sarah will see I used it. It is not a piece I would have picked, but she did. I will post a picture in a little while.

Dinner - chicken enchiladas sound like they will hit the spot here tonight. I have green Hatch sauce to make them with.

Mary - hope your sister didn't go through Utah - I-70 at Glenwood Canyon is closed due to a major mudslide. That slide happened the other day and the road is still closed. Even I-15 in the south area is closed due to flooding. We are a bit of a mess.

Velda - yeah for the date! Now comes all the fun, moving, turning on the utilities and learning which switch turns on which light!

Tina- 2 days of shopping! I would be worn out too!

Well, time to drag Michael, kicking and screaming to Costco. I will get the robot vacuum.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am

Jana, I love my little robot vacuum, we named him Mr Gears. I still have to use my main one every so often but this one keeps things looking pretty good.
I'm gonna look up that pattern, your colors sound gorgeous!
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 am

Jana, this pattern?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Yes Tina that's the pattern.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 pm

I've got to quit checking the news on my tablet! Yup, I know where Aaron is, again. A truck jack knifed and the cab is overhanging a over pass, with another major freeway below. The trailer is on the road and the driver got out on his own with no injuries. Now to get the cab back off the edge and onto the right road. Aaron has that part of the freeway shut down till about 4 this afternoon. Never a dull moment! LOL!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:01 pm

That's a really pretty pattern, looking forward to seeing it in your colors!
Oh my goodness, that sounds intense for sure!
Tina

Return to β€œChit Chat”