Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 am

Good August morning!

We are going to be a mostly cloudy day, reaching about 80*. A nice forecast. Hoping for rain later in the week, but only about 40% chance.

Our Boondockers cancelled on us. Rats. We were looking forward to our first 'campers'. Bill even cut back a large portion of a giant pink honeysuckly shrub (size of a box truck) that was covering an unused patio out in our far back yard, pressure washed the patio and a metal table/chairs/umbrella set and got it all ready for them to use. But we will have other folks soon, I'm sure. Like my sister.

I spent the morning yesterday cleaning upstairs and doing laundry and the afternoon was spent in the sewing room. Today is downstairs, though there's not much to do, really. So I will have more sewing time. I have all my Halloween blocks fused and have been working on stitching them down. Sis arrives tomorrow, so any sewing time will be pretty limited for the next two weeks.

JANA - I've camped in a tent in pouring rain with 3 little kids. Isn't as much fun as you might think, so I'm happy for Aaron that he had Sarah's trailer! Some of Kimberbell's patterns are pretty cute. I made our Alec a baker's quilt last Christmas from one of their patterns. He loved it.

TINA - sorry to hear your dad has to use a walker sometimes. My brother, Jim, was using one of those walkers with the seat. PLEASE make sure your dad doesn't sit on it and try to scoot it along with his feet. Jim did that and ended up tipping the walker backward, going down with it and taking his wife with him. It just happened he was at the hospital simply to have lunch in their restaurant, so he got medical help quickly. The seat is only meant for sitting without moving. How did the shopping trip go yesterday? Did you stay in town or go to Cruces?

VELDA - I'm glad you love your ribs. The sauce sounds delicious. I'm not a rib person myself. I find them messy and too much trouble to eat. Though I do like pork short ribs when I can find lean ones. I have a great recipe for oven BBQ'g them. Any nibbles yet on the RV?

We bought a bag of onions at Costco the other day so I'm going to chop and slice most of them up for the freezer today. In cooler times they keep well in our overflow garage pantry, but in summer, not so much.
Tonite we're going to grill 4 large chicken breasts. We'll split one for the two of us and use the rest tomorrow for chicken enchiladas. My DBIL will be here then and he loves Mexican food. But for tonite, I'm going to add some mashed potatoes and gravy and salad. We have potatoes we need to eat up.

What's your menu for tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, August 1st

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:24 am

Good morning!

Just got a phone from my church chorister and guess what, she forgot to get a sub, and now for the second guess, yup, it's now me! The hymns are easy, so I can do them on short notice. Church is in an hour.

Dinner- our usual Sunday brunch menu. It's now a tradition, hashbrowns and eggs. We do it after church, so won't need dinner later tonight.

I am hoping to work on my blocks. They are 4 1/2 inch squared up. Technically they are a half square triangle, one side white, the other half is a small square with triangles on the sides, turning it into a triangle. All easy pieces with El's methods, just tedious squaring. But worth it, I hope.

Well, I know where my Aaron is this morning. Looked at the news, and poof there he was. A trooper was injured while checking on a abandoned vehicle on the side of the freeway. Another car, rear ended the trooper's vehicle, not paying attention. Sheesh!

Time to finish getting dressed,

Enjoy the day!
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”