Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:53 am

Good morning,

I was awake at 0100, gave it up at 0200, and here I am at 0300. Sigh. It's one of those nights.

It's been a nice quiet week here. I've been working on my Halloween blocks or putzing around in the kitchen. And settling on the deck with my audio book and my cross-stitch project in early afternoons.https://www.google.com/search?q=winter+ ... e&ie=UTF-8 I'm trying to get this project finished so I can start a new one that I ordered and just received. If you look at the picture, I work from the top and am down to just starting on the mama dog. The new project is a cross-stitch stocking for Bill that has Santa in a red pick-up (much like Bill's red pick-up). He never notices what I'm working on so it won't be hard to keep it a surprise, even though I sit next to him in the evenings, stitching. lol!

Life will get busy again soon, though, as my sis and DBIL arrive Monday in their RV for a 12-day visit. We'll all be here for the first week and then we're going camping together for 3 nights. From there, we'll come home and they'll start back to CO. So this weekend will be cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and some cooking to get ready.

TINA - Happy Birthday to Jazmyne! Adam has a pretty sweet life. Maybe he's smarter than the rest of us. I do wonder though, if he breaks the contract and has to pay back the money, who is going to pay it if he has no income?

VELDA - When I was a kid, Bonanza was my favorite TV show. I was so in love with Little Joe! I had his picture on my bedroom wall and would kiss it every time I left or entered the room. :lol: It's interesting to watch those old episodes and see some of the guest actors who went on to become big stars later.

As for supper, we didn't get to our pork chops and sweet potatoes last night because I forgot we had leftover pizza. So that's what we'll be having tonite. And a salad.

What's in store for your supper?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 29th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:42 am

Hello 👋
I am up early and getting started early. Hair cut at 8:00. Will leave about 7:30. I like to be early.
Enjoyed our whole evening yesterday. Changed my mind at restaurant. They had "Pot Roast Sandwich on homemade bread with carmelized onion and swiss cheese". OMG! How delicious!
Then when we got to the music event, a farmer was giving free sweet corn and cucumbers.
Tonight's supper is beans n smoked sausage with corn and cucumber salad.
We are supposed to get relief from heat this weekend, but threat of storms always ushers in the cool front.
Hope you all have great supper/dinner plans.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning!

Hot and muggy here. You can chew the air you breathe! Handyman will be here in a minute. He will finish up the last bit of ceiling. The tedious part of nailing the track up is already done. It's now just put the cross tees in place and sliding in the tiles. Sarah will be down too. She wants to sew her hats and she needs to talk to Tim about the music group she is the president of. That group is getting together again and will be performing next Easter.

Me, just being an old sew n sew, working on a old UFO, trying to get it done.

Dinner- last night I did chow mein and there's enough for tonight .

Mary - Michael too doesn't pay close attention to what I am working on either. I can sew stuff for him right under his nose. Even if it has trains on it! Your cross stitch stocking will be perfect! I saw you start from the top down. When I did my counted cross stitch, I started at the bottom. Sarah too, starts at the bottom.

Vel - won't be long now. Your closing date to start your new adventure is the same day as my anniversary, our old adventure. 46 years for us.

Well, time to wage war against the uglies,

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:59 am

Showing Kathy how to post pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chit Chat”