Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 26th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:25 am

Good morning!

Today is Scottie's 8th birthday. Seems he just came to live with us at 7 weeks old and just 4 pounds. He's a big boy now - big for a sheltie, anyway - at 36 pounds. We're going to celebrate with an extra walk and a dental chew!

It's been a busy weekend here. We went fabric shopping on Saturday morning (then fabric washing in the afternoon), and did some transplanting of plants on Sunday. I also FINISHED my GD3 top. The back is pieced and the binding is made. It's ready for the LA! Maybe that will happen today?? Hoping. Bill doesn't do much quilting anymore, but he'll do special projects for me, and this one is special and he has the purrfect swirling pattern for a Gypsy Dancer.

We got a text from our friend, Betsy. They were here for 3 nights in their trailer last week. They stopped for a visit at their son's in Portland before heading home to NE Oregon. and he had a heart attack yesterday just before they were to hit the highway for home pulling their trailer! He's in the hospital with a new stent and they could use some prayers. Thank God they were still at the son's house and not on I-84!

I've got my sewing room all cleaned up and am ready to start playing with my new Halloween fabrics. Going to try a couple of sample blocks for the new swap. I have ideas . . . . . Even if you don't want to play along, you should still check out the swap. There will be pictures soon . . .

TINA - it's really hard to believe Jaz is in high school! She was just 4 yrs old, wasn't she? lol! Autumn did the Running Start program, too, her last two years of high school. She was at GHHS mornings, and TCC afternoons. She had her Assoc Degree 2 weeks before she got her high school diploma! She said she never felt she missed out on any high school stuff. She still went to all kinds of activities, proms, and was president of the Drama club.

LORI - Those are two ambitious quilts! They should keep you off the streets for quite a while! Are you thinking of the Halloween swap?? (there is a hint in there, if you didn't catch it. :D )

VELDA - such a good idea to shop around now for the big things you will need in your new home. I know wait times for appliances, too, are weeks long. Does your condo come with stove, fridge, W/D?

IRISH - how did the big surprise party go??

We're running low on leftovers but I do still have lasagna. I put the leftovers in the freezer last week. We'll pull them out and heat them up in the toaster oven. I think I'll put the little oven out on the deck as it's supposed to be pretty warm today - mid 80's. We don't need extra heat in the house.

What's your supper plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 26th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:01 am

Happy Birthday, Scottie!
Tonight is Dancing night. ( Every other Monday). Supper will be at a soup and salad bar, which I really enjoy.
Our Condo comes with all appliances installed. Washer/Dryer( stack unit) regular size. All electric house, no gas. Stove, microwave, dish washer, frig, & garbage disposal. Electric furnace and water heater. Being all new is great!
Oh, by the way, I just had to go peek at your last sew along block. That is Great! I like your combination. It would be fun to see all your blocks laid out, like mine and Maryq. Have you thought about sharing?
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:04 am

Good morning!
Mary, I bet that quilting will go perfectly with your beautiful PGD ๐Ÿ˜Š
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he makes a quick recovery. Thankfully he was still at their son's house for sure.
We're not sure yet how Jazmyne's school works, if she's at the community college full time or split between the 2. She was telling me that she won't be able to do choir which she loves because of this. I told her to check because that doesn't sound right to me.
I'm babysitting Stitch today and I believe we're picking up all the kids from school today. I'm waiting to hear when Holly thinks they'll be back.
Vel, how super nice to have all new appliances. We're fixing to have a new septic system installed but that won't have me as excited as you with all new appliances in your house! LOL. I went over and looked at yours and Maryq's quilt blocks laid out.... gorgeous! They're beautiful, I hope you post pics when you get the top finished too. โค
Today I'll just be doing a little this and that. Stitch is still being potty trained so I gotta keep a close eye on him. He's only ever had 1 accident here and that was the day they got him and thankfully it was on the laminate flooring.
I'm thinking pork chops for supper and I want to try a new recipe.... zucchini and yellow squash au gratin.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:57 am

Here's Stitch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm

OMG! He is adorable. What a great boy to be getting the idea so soon about the potty training.
Just sitting here reading posts and the strangest thing went by: a Huge fancy class A motorhome with about a 16' travel trailer en' tow. I have seen some strange set ups, but not this. Husband said, " What? Is that for their dog?". I said, most likely for their kids or grands.

I wouldn't want a motorhome without a car. This way, maybe visitors are coming in a car and then the family will have transportation. Who knows? You can sit and speculate all you want. LOL. I am good at that!
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Good afternoon!

Just finished playing barber. Michael was getting a bit shaggy. I have been the only one cutting his hair for more than 46 years. My DSIL, Sandee's mom, taught me and it has been trial and error in the early years, but I am better now. Plus it helps, he wears it the same way all these years, just getting thinner across the top. He also sweeps up the mess.

Not much else here. Smoke still covering us, but should be gone this week. The big fire in California, the Dixie fire is just north of where Daniel lives and is a Cal Fire jurisdiction. He may head out, but hasn't been called yet. I had the chance to see the training Daniel has, while he was here. And like my Aaron, they are well trained and that has lowered my worry level for both of them. It's hard to describe what happens as their training kicks in, it is almost like a total physical look change in their face, as they step up to do what is needed. No distractions, just focused on their duty.

Ethan came down yesterday and wanted to make cookies. After we made the dough and had it baking, he decided on his own, that we needed to share the cookies with neighbors. So he took some over to Scott and some to the next door neighbors. He wants to share cookies with other neighbors, so we will bake cookies on Sunday afternoon after church. He has learned to make cookies with just a little bit of my supervision. He is still a bit tentative to use a hot oven, so I am there as backup. He uses two big oven mitts and did very well. So far, he likes to make chocolate chip with mini M&M's in them as well. When Sarah came to get him later that night, he saved some cookies for his dad. His dad said they were very good and wondered if he put anything special in the batch. Ethan, not missing a beat, said yes, they were made with love! Yup, that's my boy!

Dinner - we are heading to the grocery store, and something may jump in the basket, but more than likely it will be fried zucchini sticks with cucumber sauce. Our neighbor brought us one yesterday. It's that sharing time!

Mary - what a sweetie you have! I would be wondering what ulterior motive Michael would be up too. He is good at spoiling me.

Tina - that little puppy is way cute! Our Andrew is taking college classes at high school as well. The classes are tailored to not be quite so intensive as a full college class, taking longer to complete. Andrew starts 10th grade this year. My Daniel did a similar thing in learning CAD drafting and this has enabled him to have a career. Daniel finished his high school classes in the morning and then attended the CAD training in the afternoon. He did that for three years.

Velda - nice to read everything comes with you new home. Things are hard to come by right now.

Irish - OK, M8ss Sneaky, did you pull off everything? I am nosey! LOL!

Time to go,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€