Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:15 am

Good morning,

Not much going on here today. I do plan to wash the sheets on our bed and dry them on the lines. And I will probably sweep the kitchen floor. OH - and I have a couple of lavender plants to plant which means I have to move the new shasta daisies we planted a few weeks ago. The slugs have eaten them almost into oblivion. I hope they find lavender less tasty.

Bill threw me a curve yesterday and suggested we go into Tacoma to shop for Halloween fabrics! Bill! My husband! Even as I was mentally assessing his health, I jumped into the car and off we went! I got a pile of Halloween fabrics (I was completely out which isn't good for the hostess of the Halloween swap!). Then we stopped at TRains (again at Bill's suggestion) and I found the purrfect backing for GD3! He did sneak in a quick trip to Lowe's while we were in Tacoma so it wasn't all about fabric. :lol: I washed fabrics when we got home and finished putting together Gypsy. Today I'll piece the back and get her ready to quilt. I need to uncover the LA and get it dusted and ready, too. If I have any extra sewing time, I will also finish up the last sew-along block. I got stopped on that. Just no space to get out any more fabrics in my sewing room until I get all my pinks refolded and put away again.

TINA - I'm so glad you're not flooding. But a little of that rain would be nice, wouldn't it. So grateful that Kevin isn't in the path of the mudslides. I'm getting pumped for Halloween sewing!

JANA - We have weather apps on our phones and watch weather carefully whenever we travel anywhere! When we go to Texas, we're in the Austin area which is inland. When the hurricanes hit, the most they get is a mild storm. Usually. If a hurricane was predicted, we would definitely NOT be ones to "weather it out", but we'd be on the highway heading even further inland!

We're eating down the leftovers from this past week! We've got the last of the chicken enchiladas for tonite along with Mexican rice and refried beans. We've got plenty if anyone would like to join us!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 25

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:27 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, there's something for grubs, I don't remember what but we used to have them bad and it got rid of them. Maybe Bill can research and find out a safe way to get rid of them?
I want to go Halloween fabric shopping now LOL I can't decide on my block until I see what fabric I can find! ๐ŸŽƒ
I think today will be uglies and getting my sewing room ready for me to sew. Today is the last day for grands, Jazmyne starts high school tomorrow. She's going to our community college to do a program that will be high school and college combined. If she goes all 4 years then when she graduates high school she'll also have an associates degree. I'm just not sure how I feel about it, I don't want her to get crazy stressed and not have her "high school" memories. She turns 14 in 3 days.
Well supper tonight will be the taco salad.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:32 am

Mary, I started to read your post and realized I had sheets in the washer that need to go in the dryer. Thanks for the reminder. lol Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. What fun shopping for Halloween fabric. They are always so cute.

Tina, I agree, you don't want Jazmyne to miss out on high school fun.

I finally got my machine out yesterday. It's been in the carrier since my retreat. Didn't feel like doing much of anything this week. I worked on my "Summer Solstice" and also started cutting out the papers for "Coral Reef." It's a JN 99 x 99 technique of the month pattern. It's pretty crazy, but I'll just take my time and it will be fun.

For dinner we'll be having chicken and potatoes with onion on the grill. And of course a veggie to go with it.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 am

I don't have supper plans. We went out for breakfast after church. Drove to neighboring town to a restaurant that we had not been to since before COVID. Delicious! Then went to the BIG Walmart there and found the bed in a box we want. Only a couple of weeks to have to store the boxes in our shed until we can get keys to the new place. We had this same brand last winter when we bought a bed for our son's house last winter. We planned to leave it there for his spare bedroom. It was most comfortable bed ever!
Richard has been seeing that many stores have limited supply of such things, so he wanted to make sure we have our bed. Mission accomplished!
Might just do cereal supper tonight, since it's so hot today and we ate a huge breakfast.
Have a great Sunday. ๐ŸŒž
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€