Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning,

We had a delightfully un-busy day yesterday. I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and two bathrooms and Bill vac'd. The rest of the day was spent playing. He sat on the deck with his computer and I goofed off with my Gypsy quilt. She's almost done! Then Tex & Annette called. They wanted to bring us some lavender plants and pick up eggs from our neighbor. So they arrived at 3:30. Finally at 6 we threw some burgers on the grill and they left around 8:15. After more than two months, her brother finally left to go back to TN. It was a rough visit, especially considering that they asked him to not come this year at all! He HAD planned to stay two more months!! But apparently things finally came to a head and he hit the road, but not without trying to quietly appropriate some tools, RV essentials, camera equipment, craft supplies, and even Annette's red Crocs! They had to literally shake him down before he left! T & A needed to vent. And they did. 😜

So - my quilt top isn't quite done, but today's the day! We have no other weekend plans.

Tina and I decided we needed a Halloween Swap. It's been a lot of years since we've done any spooky sewing. I know the Christmas swap is still going on but Halloween is looming. Sign-ups will be Aug 1-15, though I'm sort of going with a 'soft opening' starting now. I want to make a quilt for each of my grandson's for Halloween. All my family loves the holiday and everyone but the boys has a special quilt.

TINA - it's great to be favorite gramma, hands down! Sounds like there's not much of a contest there! Your GKs will have great gramma memories when they grow up - all of you!

JANA - Sarah is so innovative to devise acceptable recipes! I doubt Aut is coming to visit. She makes big plans but they seldom happen and we really didn't get our hopes up too high. She only has 2 weeks vacation and they really want to go to CO where both their best friends live. Plus they've been offered a vacation cabin there for a few days. No parent can compete with that! To come here would be 5,000 miles. We haven't decided if we're going to TX yet this winter. I had enough of TX last year for two years, but on the other hand, why not? So we're still considering that option.

IRISH - so how goes the Secret Squirrel business?? I assume you've got Kathy and have her stuffed in a hamper just in case your sis stops by? Is the party tonite? Such sneaky fun!! And yes, you guessed it! Tex & Annette did come rolling down the driveway yesterday, though only in their truck. No RV. I thought of your remarks when I saw them! lol!

VELDA - You are really getting organized for your move if you're down to locks and keys!

CHICKIE - is learning to live with her vertigo and other symptoms. They come and go. And she had a new great grand baby girl yesterday, Emmi Nicole. That makes 5 in less than two years!

Well, since we ended up with spontaneous burgers last night we'll have our leftover orange chicken with rice tonite. and salad. I've been working up a tentative menu list for my sister's visit, too. They arrive Aug 2nd for a couple of weeks. Part of that visit will be camping.

What's for supper at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 24

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:38 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, words gotten out, your place is THE PLACE to be 🥰
Your unbusy day would've been a busy one for me! LOL
Wow, I'm glad T&A got their stuff before he departed! That happened to me when my sister stayed the night one night. She took a photo album that I didn't know about till a few months after, it was my first photo album from when I was a teenager..... it had pics I can't replace 💔 we don't know what else she took.
Your quilt really came together fast!
The boys tell me their other Grandma is their favorite 🤷‍♀️ she lets them play video games all day, I don't let them play here. If they bring anything like that I only let them play for 20 minutes for the entire day. But maybe as they get older they'll change their minds like James did.
I think the Halloween swap is going to be fun! I hope you all get to join in!
Our roast last night was yummy yummy!
I think tonight we'll have a taco salad, I haven't made that for ages!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:00 am

Good morning!

Not much happening here. Very quiet as all the kids are at work, doing stuff at their house, or up in Logan. I have two very small loads of laundry. The odd things that can't be washed with other things. As soon as the last one is finished, I am down in the Batt Cave .

Michael went out last evening and played with his new toy - the cultivator. The battery out lasted him! It worked very well for him and he was pleased. Look out weeds! LOL!

Dinner- it's sort of a scavenge night. Too hot to cook, so the Highlander may find it's way somewhere. We are in the 100's again for the next few days.

Mary - I sure would look at what the long range forecasts for the weather in Texas. It still may be hurricane season and or snow, who really knows these days. We are hoping and praying for a huge winter snow season. We need it!

Tina - are you building an ark yet? From seeing the weather heading east from southern Utah, it seems quite wet for you.

Well, I am needed. My old church folding job of the Ward bulletin is needed now, again. We are moving back to our old regular schedule for church and now can have paper printed bulletins. This also means that our meetings are back to their full time. My RS lessons will be an hour, instead of the shortened time of only 30 minutes.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Jana, we've had clouds but no rain. El Paso; 90 miles by highway but way less as the crow flies got at least 3" the other night and had some bad flooding. Up the mountain where Kevin lives on 70 had mudslides but thankfully they were on the opposite side of the mountain. There's been bad storms and rain to the North of us too, we watch it go right by. Bad thing is we're getting the humidity from it all but no rain, ugh.
Tina

Oh Frankie said he'd like leftovers for supper so I'll do taco salads tomorrow.

Return to “Chit Chat”