Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:07 am

Good morning,

TINA - I hope everyone in your crew is OK now, back in school, and back in the sewing room. Yes, our state is open now (Covid) but with cases on a sharp upswing thanks to the unvaccinated, we may be partially closing down again or at least going back to masks. I'm so glad to hear Jaz got her vaccine! And yes, as a nurse and as a patient, I can attest to the fact that the more you use your shot arm, the less soreness you will have. So put her on that vacuum! lol! Or pine needle detail. But your question about Vicki - the order allowing the family to have her committed at least for a 72-hr evaluation (and possibly for life), expired in May. It was only good for 6 months. But a deputy did explain that even so, no one was going to carry her kicking and screaming out of her home anyway (and she would have gone no other way). We figure this is going to end one of three ways: She'll be hit by a car, she'll set her house on fire, or she'll simply die in her sleep and no one will know for days. (well, WE might . . .)

JANA - bet it feels good to finally get the last of the boxes from your move unpacked! Congrats to Sarah on the weight loss, though I wish she could have found a better way to lose it. I laughed when you said I could pull a meal together without notice. I do remember once I had to do that. Both my sisters and my oldest bro, Gene, were staying here back when Jim was having a major surgery. And one of Gene's lifelong friends since high school was on the phone. Before I knew what was happening I heard a dinner invitation for her and her daughter coming out of my mouth! Then I looked at my sisters and declared Code Red. It was amazing what 3 women (sisters to boot!) with three different skill sets can do with slim pantry pickin's! lol! It's one of my fondest sister memories. I don't remember what we made, but I know we had fun once we kicked Gene out of the kitchen!

VELDA - I hope you can get your visit in with your DGD before she ships out. Such a poignant event. I know you are very proud of her and we all are very grateful! Hug her for me!

IRISH, you sneaky Irish, you! I can't wait to hear how the surprise party goes! You made a velvet dinner dress in one day and wore it that night? What a seamstress you are! I used to do a lot of garment sewing, but I was never that good! I think your plants are like fabric to me - irresistable! I was talking to Tina yesterday about Halloween fabric - I'm down to stems and seeds and I'd like to make more Halloween quilts, but this year's fabrics aren't cranking my inspiration, plus, I swore off buying new fabric. ( :lol: )

I'm not sure about supper tonite. We have leftover everything! orange chicken, enchiladas, salad, cheesecake, baked beans, refried beans, and rice. I froze the rest of the leftovers, so we won't be cooking until the cows come home! (and then we'll have burgers! lol!)

What's sounding good to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 23

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:25 am

Good morning!
Everyone seems to be pretty good today. Preston is staying with me just to make sure, there hasn't been any surprises since yesterday before 3pm so hopefully all his special foods and drinks and love got him well fast.
Mary, that's such a bummer about Vicky. Someone should sedate her and take her. Yep, I said it.
Jana, Sarah losing weight that way sounds awful. Could she afford to lose weight? I know I could but Frankie couldn't...... he'd be like 98 or 99 pounds if he lost 40.
Irish, how fun to be conspiring for a surprise birthday party! Keep posting details, so much fun looking through my minds eye โค
Vel, thank your DGD for me too. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
We have Jazmyne till Monday and Preston today. Easton and Preston are staying with their other grandma this weekend but we're on call because she's not reliable. She also doesn't feed them meals. Once they stayed the night and supper was popcorn ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ She's also canceled at last minute so many times it's ridiculous. She's promised to take the kids places and they sit and wait and she never calls or shows up......a real winner if you ask me ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿค I feel sooooo bad for the kids because they sit and cry and cry. Jazmyne no longer wants to go over and she never expects her to show up anymore.
I put a roast in the crockpot for supper so that'll be ready without any work. I may bake cookies or something.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:12 am

Good morning, for a few more minutes,

It's like Christmas around here right now. I had a bunch of online orders and they are now showing up. They are all for Michael. Even the last ceiling pieces parts are arriving earlier than expected. All a good thing.

Dinner - humm, I think that I will make a patty melt. Someone mentioned ryebread and that reminded me I had some, hence dinner here. Thanks for that!

Mary - GD3 will be done shortly. Is Autumn still coming for a visit?

Tina - seems as you described the other grandmother, sounded like the acorn didn't fall far from the tree - her son sounds just like her. Those wonderful little grands are very lucky to have you and Frankie.

Sarah has wanted to lose weight for many years and other health issues stymied that, but she is now. Rotten way to have to, but she is learning and trying many ways to get food that she likes and tastes good. Sarah has come up with several recipes for making bread, sourdough and even English muffins. Cookies too. When we do family dinners, we watch how we do meats and she brings her legal food. It's all a learning curve for all of us. With their trip to Disneyland, her allergies are covered. Disneyland is the most conscious place for those with food allergies. She can eat everywhere in the park.

Well, time to help Michael assembling his latest toy, a battery powered small cultivator.

Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Good afternoon from a warm, sunny, happy, SW. Pa....I'm happy because, Kathy is winging her way eastward and will be in Pittsburgh about 6:30.....It has been kind of funny, all the planning and the secret keeping.....Right now, my sister is in a bad mood because we all told her we can't play cards tonight, lol.....I'm just hoping she doesn't decide to pop in tomorrow, but the neighbor did say to send Kathy to her house.....

After running around most of the day yesterday, I came home to no water and they didn't get it fixed until almost 11:00 last night...Amazing how many times you forget and turn that spigot.....

Mary, I'll bet your house seems lonely since all your company has left...But, knowing you, they're will be someone pulling in your driveway soon if not already....The situation with Vicki just seems to keep getting worse and worse...Do her kids still come around? I honestly don't know if I could let my mother live like that...It would be a terrible scene forcing her to leave but the alternatives, to me, would be worse....Really is sad.......

Tina, I think your grand kids are very, very smart...They know who loves them and knows what's best for them.......I always remember Kathy telling me stories of how her mother in law treated and acted around her kids....Another sad story......

Well, gals, I gotta git! Really need to jump in the shower (will take longer because we still only have a trickle), then I have to stop for gas and then pick up my one and only......Not sure what all we'll be doing in the coming week but whatever, it will be fun.......

I'm thinking, we'll probably stop on the way home from the airport and grab something to eat but if not, always cereal......

You all have a great rest of the day........

Happy eating....................

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Sorry, I am late again. It's been a crazy day. But I got the windows done.
After our lunch, we went to the bank and post office. Then we got started matching up keys to the correct lock or padlock. OMG! I never realized how many different locks we have. I made sure they got labeled.
Then called my sister. That's always enjoyable. Her husband is in a nursing home. She goes to help feed him lunch every day. Feel so sorry for their situation. All of us siblings are getting up in years. I am the youngest at 74. Being thankful for each day, week, month, or year.
So sorry that your neighbor, Vicki, is such a problem. She's just not safe to be alone. So hard on her family and hard on you as neighbor.
โ˜น๏ธ
Supper is easy: Brats, and chips. Simple but tasty. Too hot today to cook. ๐Ÿ˜‰
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€