Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 20

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 20

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:46 am

Good morning!

Today is Bill's birthday. And finally the big party tonite. Whew! We have more people and are doing more meals than the party hosts! lol! But we are enjoying every minute. More Oregon friends, Bob & Betsy, arrived yesterday. One last rig (and dog) will roll in about noon today. Foxy is holding his own with all the dogs around, but he is NOT happy and wants it known. It's all going in his report! :lol: Vicki, too, is upset. she is ringing bells and chanting (to rid her property of all the toxins brought here by all these people). She is also strolling the center line of the road lately, which, yesterday brought cops and other concerned neighbors. She will really pop her cork when the last trailer parks within a couple feet of her property today! One nice thing, because of Vicki we're meeting a lot of neighbors we haven't known before! Cops came, but couldn't reach any of her family. Bill talked to them briefly.

Today I'm taking the big cake that I made last week out of the freezer and frosting it. also, I'm making a big pot of baked beans with onion, bacon, brown sugar and a few other seasoning ingredients.

VELDA - well, perhaps my post was misleading. The lasagna was for supper last night. The crockpot breakfast will be tomorrow (though I'll set it to cooking tonite) before everyone hits the road for home. How many more weeks until your condo is ready to move in?

JANA - Yes I suppose it could be a bit unnerving to turn on the morning news and see what your child is up to! Yikes! And I was wondering if Daniel might get called to that fire. Is it the Tamarack fire? We have friends and before they go camping, she makes a big breakfast casserole in the oven, then, after it's cooled, cuts it into serving sizes, wraps and freezes it, then they reheat it for homecooked breakfasts while camping.

BECCA - it was so good to see you post in the sew-in this morning! I hope your recovery is moving along as swiftly as possible! I am excited to have you back!

So we're told supper tonite is going to be burgers and 'dogs, potato salad, beans, and cake. I'm not sure what all else might be served. There will be 20 people there, I think. It should be a fun party.

What's your plan for supper tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 20

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:19 am

What a fun party you have planned Happy Birthday to Bill!
About 4 weeks to closing date. I am so ready to get moved. Wish we could get our RV sold. We have someone interested, so pray with me for a sale.
Burgers are on my menu tonight.
Just finished my Block for week 16. Posted my pictures.
Glad Becca is back, too.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:10 am

Good morning!

I am so glad to have my Ethan here. He is such a good helper. My knee is giving fits and I can hardly move. So he is emptying the dishwashers. Actually I empty and make piles and push them to the area where they go in the cupboards. He appreciates that.

I can hobble carefully down the stairs and back once! So after I feed him some lunch,, I will head down there. Place to play and it's cooler too.

Dinner - something I don't need to cook. We still need a milk run to Costco.

Mary - Happy Birthday to Mr. Bill. It will be agreat day and party for him!

Vel - there will be a buyer and it will be the right one. Time will fly and you will be arranging where everything goes and not know what to do with all the space. I do, more fabric!

Sandee went with Sarah to Logan this morning. Those two can get into trouble together!

My kids are all planning a trip to Disneyland in October. They are renting a house. So far, it's Matt's family, Daniel's family, Sarah's family and probably Sandee and Scott too. This will be during a week long school break here in Utah.

So far today, Aaron hasn't made the news. Aaron says it's bad, when all the TV news crews covering accidents, know Aaron on a first name basis and pull up to ask where they can park to cover the story.

Well, time to feed a great helper,
Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Good late afternoon from warm but a little cloudy...Hopefully, no rain but my plants really do need watered....I can't believe I haven't posted for days BUT the bad thing, I really thought I had, lol.....Lots of things I can blame it on, I'm old, getting older and sometimes, things just don't work as they used to, lol.....And speaking of old, my sister will turn 80 on the 1st, so her kids are having a surprise party for her this coming Sat. It's been quite interesting, helping with the planning and keeping it all from her...Oh my, she's going to be so mad....Kathy is even flying in for a few days and that's going to be a good surprise....The only problem, Kathy is landing about 5:00 on Friday night and I have to keep her hidden until Sat. night..I also have to come up with an excuse why I can't play cards Friday night....It's going to be a fun, fun time......
Another reason Kathy is coming home, her oldest, Jackie and her hubby are closing on their old house and their new house next Tuesday and Kathy offered to help...And she'll also be stopping by Cari's to see Lena.....I haven't decided if I'm going to make the trip, might just wait until the next one.....

Mary, I can almost hear the excitement the whole way across the country, here in SW. Pa.....Please wish Mr. Bill a Happy Birthday from me and please take a picture of that cake.....You really need to be crowned "Hostess of the Year"......I've been thinking of Betsy a lot lately, mostly because my friend is hoping to get on the transplant list soon...I've told my friend how well Betsy has been doing(not telling her she might be failing)...This is the friend who has Alpha and doesn't have a long life expectancy but we are all very hopeful.....
I just found out, the gal who gives my massages was tested for Alpha and does have 2 in her family that have been diagnosed...It seems, not too much is known about this disease and often misdiagnosed as in the case of my friend....
Jana, sorry to hear about your achy knees..Thank goodness your have your buddy, Ethan to help.....Would be wonderful if they'd come up with a "cure"...I've been very lucky to have reached my age and have very little arthritis (my sister has it all)...This problem with my back was quite a shock but then I should learn to be a little more graceful when going down steps,,,,,I had to laugh when you said about Sandee and Sarah getting into trouble...The other day, you also mentioned that about my sister and I and maybe needing bail money...Well, if that were the case, knowing our kids (and then knowing my sister and I, they say, lock em up and throw away the key...Take it easy on that knee......

You've probably all seen the comics about the over abundance of zucchinis and the different ways to sneak them onto your neighbor's porch or car...Well, that's happening around here although, my 1 plant only has flowers...I have picked a couple tomatoes, which are absolutely delish and those are not being given away....But, so far, Dee, the girl next door has put 2 on my back deck, my sister tried to smuggle 2 into my car and that's just the beginning....But, 1 good thing, zucchini bread sure tastes good in the middle of winter.....

I just made a call to my dentist...All at once, I lost a filling and although, you can't see it and it doesn't hurt, it has to be fixed....1st appointment is Aug. 3rd. unless she gets a cancellation....

My dinner tonight will be part of a stuffed zucchini (lol) and probably a salad...I did make peach cobbler and have a tiny piece left for afters.......Nothing fancy like the spread that's been happening out in Gig Harbor.....Those people are eating darn good!

Was go glad to see the post from Becca...So happy to know she's on her way back...Hoping and praying for good days with very little pain....
And Chickie, think and pray for you each day.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating.............

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:47 pm

Mary, tell Bill Happy Birthday for me. It's my DIL's birthday as well. Sounds like you will be having a great time with all your guests today.

Jana, October is a great time to go to D-land. Although sometimes we have a final heat wave towards the end of the month.

Velda, fingers cross the interested party buys your RV.

No much going on with me today. I had a hysteroscopy and few other tests yesterday for a small mass and irregular pap. Hopefully everything will be back to normal now. So I'm down for a few days not doing much.

I may have DH go out and get dinner since he's not much of a cook.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”