Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:28 am

Good morning,

It's a beautiful morning here and Dean, the rooster next door, is glad to greet another day. I'm sitting out on the deck listening to him and to the little brown squirrel trying to out-chirp the big gray one. The birds are all talking about it and the cat is paying attention to everybody! We're feeling a crispness to the air that wasn't there before.

LORI - I assume you've been to Port Townsend since your SIL lives there. It's a really neat town with lots of old Victorian mansions, B&B's, marina, etc. It's right on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. At one time, it was planned to be the big port city of the state but then Seattle happened. Now Pt. T is just a lazy little tourist town with some fishing. My first hubby and I almost moved there a very long time ago. Mike was an adult Probation/Parole Officer. Another PPO in Pt T wanted to move here so they asked to simply switch their jobs. I had already been offered a position in the hospital in Port T. The answer was no job switching. So we stayed here. Port T is about an hour and 15 min drive from us.

VELDA - good for you for sticking close to your diet. it's hard to do in restaurants.

TINA - my sister, Tina, says the same thing about her pine trees. Her trees are staying and they are building a little wall around them from cottage stones and all the needles can just stay within the wall, she says. And our guests here, Jay & Jackie, told us last night about a huge pine they also had taken out recently because of the needle mess. So since three people have told me about pine needles in one week, I think I'm happy to have my little fir needles and maple leaves even though they make a terrible mess, too!

MARY ROSE - it's a joy to see you at the table! And to know you finally have some answers. I hope this means you are feeling at least some better and will be able to join us more often now. Is your retirement still on track for the end of this year? And will that have any effect on your medical insurance?

We have a lot of ham left over from last night. I want some of that for the breakfast I'm making Wed morning before most of our over-nighters leave. It's a crockpot recipe of hashbrowns, diced ham, onions, peppers, and about a dozen eggs. It cooks overnight and you wake up to a heavenly smell in the morning. I got this recipe from Jackie years ago. She says she forgot all about it, lost the recipe, so asked if I would now share it with her! lol! But anyway, Bill wants me to go ahead with my plan for lasagna and since it's in the freezer, I guess I will and the ham will go to other recipes this coming week or into the freezer. What a blessing - to have too much food!

What food is making your mouth water tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 19

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:59 am

Mary, so are you changing your mind about crock pot breakfast? What is a breakfast lasagna? Maybe I misunderstood your post? Sorry if I did.
You are such a great hostess to plan all these yummy meals. Your crockpot breakfast sounds great! I will see if I can find it through my Betty Crocker site. I have so many great recipes from there.
I have leftover spaghetti 🍝 for tonight with lettuce salad.
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 19

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:01 am

Good morning!

It's always a interesting start to your morning, checking the local news and see where your youngest son is at. Aaron is on scene at a fatal crash. Just one car involved and only the one occupant. Aaron will put up the drone and document the scene for the troopers.

We are cloudy today and a thunderstorm may build. There's a hurricane off the Baja peninsula and that's a good thing for our chances of a good monsoon season. So what we need!

Daniel had his eye on the fire near Tahoe. That is about 90 minute drive from him, so his strike maybe called out. Many moons ago I had a boyfriend whose family had a cabin in that area.

Dinner - we need a milk run to Costco and probably stop off and grab some chicken.

Mary - crock pots are wonderful! I thought of a breakfast cassarole last week, but no one but me would eat it, so cereal reigned supreme!

Vel - I used ground turkey around here all the time. It works well for us.

Well our handyman just arrived,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”