Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:45 am

Good morning,

Another pretty day here in Prettydayville. The first of our 'campers' arrived yesterday afternoon and got themselves all parked in our Rv shelter. (we moved our trailer to the back field) He laughed and said, "Oh, we got the host's spot!" For the non-campers in the crowd, most campgrounds these days have hosts who 'live' in their RV's at the campground for an extended period of time and do whatever their short job description requires. And it's usually the best spot in the house. And it is. :D We just haven't told him yet what his duties will be! :twisted: :lol:

Last night we went out for Mexican food. We have leftovers for breakfast today. Then Jay & Jackie are going golfing at a course up in Port Townsend, about 1-1/4 hours away. It's a dog friendly course so Bogey, their mini-Aussie gets to go with them. Bill & Andrew are going south to Cabela's, an hour away, so my choices are to stay home alone and sew or go with Bill & Drew. I'm leaning towards going with the guys because, much as I want to sew, I don't get to see my grandson very often. Plus it's his bio-granddad's birthday today. I think this would be a great way to celebrate Mike's birthday, spending it with our grandson. So "Pinkie" will just have to wait.

Speaking of "Pinkie" or GD3, I'm making progress on getting it together. you put it together in 10 different sections. I have sections 1 and 2 done and section 7 half-done. Most of the sections interconnect with the adjacent sections, so work kind of flows wherever the blocks and other pieces take me.

LORI - I'm sorry to hear about Bill's dad's passing. Though, at that age, a peaceful death is probably more of a blessing. As for cleaning, it's probably best to wait until everyone leaves anyway or you'll just have to do it twice. Bill always wonders why I clean BEFORE company comes, saying it makes sense to clean AFTER they leave.

JANA - sorry the kids had to leave, but glad they made it home safely. Is that gas station in Elko also a truck stop? We've slept with the truckers there before. Once on our wedding anniversary! lol! I remember you in the past sweeping the house for the forgotten items and mailing them off. :lol:

VELDA - we have a restaurant also at our small local airport. I never think of it. Thanks for reminding me. It has decent food and huge windows that overlook the runway which is RIGHT THERE. You can watch planes land and take off about 200 feet from your table.

I have a ham so I think I"ll pop that into the oven for tonite along with some scalloped potatoes. I also have broccoli to roast with garlic and I'll add some parmesan to that. I was thinking of salad, but our "Olderly" appetites really don't have room for that much food anymore, so maybe I'll save the salad for tomorrow night which is lasagna night!

What's the supper story at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 18

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:16 am

Good morning!

Mary - I would too take time with my grandson. Cabelas is a fun place for many things! All my kids love Cabelas, some for the cooking supplies, some for the hunting and the little ones love the fish!

Church in a few minutes. Another hot day here. So it is back to my normal boring routine. I need that for a short time. Ethan was down last night and needed a ice cream cone, so we obliged .

My Highlander doesn't know what to do with a clean garage! Daniel made a work space for Michael to be able to continue work on the railroad. It's where the second car could be parked. Maybe my Solara will be in the garage during this next winter! So far haven't found left things. But still looking.

Dinner - is the normal Sunday brunch. Hashbrowns and eggs, after church.

Hugs!
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:08 am

Mary, have fun hanging out with the boys. Port Townsend is where Bill's sister lives. Sounds like you are having a good time with your camping buddies.

Jana, I love to have a clean garage. I'm usually the one that cleans that as well.

Today I really need to vacuum and dust. I have the sheets in the washer. I took the boys to the park for our Sunday walk. Bill was at breakfast with Shane. His foot is bothering him, so I went solo today.

For dinner I'll grill up some chicken, with mashed potatoes and zucchini.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:17 am

Mary, glad to hear your friends are enjoying your hospitality. I would tag along too. Great decision.
Lori, extending my sympathies for your loss.
Jana, sounds like your place is much quieter. Hope no one left anything behind.
Our dinner was great at the airport. We watch a few crop duster planes coming and going. 😊
The food was outstanding! DH and I chose to eat as healthy as possible. We ordered grilled chicken sandwich and drank water with lemon slice. The sandwich was so tender and tasty.
I didn't order any fries and so glad I said no thank you. I was so full, couldn't finish all of sandwich.
Tonight I am making spaghetti with ground turkey.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:33 am

Good morning!
We had the annual big family reunion this weekend so we've been busy visiting and going here and there. Plus Kevin, Maria, Matthew and Jazmyne all stayed here, we had every bed taken.
Mary, sounds like it's going to be great fun at your place! Enjoy your day with Bill and your grandson ❤
Jana, I've already found things left behind LOL it always happens.
Lori, I'm sorry about your father in laws passing.
Frankie and Kevin took out 2 pine trees yesterday, there's 2 more less than huge ones and 1 huge one left to take out. We're taking them all out of the backyard, I'm just not up to cleaning up the pine needles every 2 days. It's not like it's a little bit, it fills our garden wagon mounded as high as we can get it even after smashing them all down as solid as we can get them. Plus the needles and pine cones are falling in our pond in huge amounts and killing our fish, we don't have anymore koi now.
Well I've already watered everything out back and raked a bunch up this morning, I'm on my 3rd load of laundry and I still need to vacuum, mop, clean the couches and clean bathrooms.....Jazmyne is going to dust for me.
I think supper tonight will be breakfast.
Tina

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:59 pm

Good evening my friends. I finally made it to the computer, so here I am to let you know I am still around. I am doing better with my blood counts maintaining a level within the normal range. However my iron levels remain to be low, but still in an acceptable range even with me taking iron dosages which require a prescription. The final diagnosis for my problem is stomach and intestinal issues where tears in the linings create holes that bleed, but heal before the doctors take tests which can confirm anything more specific.

I want to thank each of you for your prayers and concerns through this ordeal. Hopefully once I get my DGD's quilt and label completed I will have a few extra minutes in between house and yard work to come visit more on the weekends.

Hugs,
Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”