Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 16

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 16

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:02 am

Good morning,

Today would be my mom's 107th birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom! She was a good mom and always so much fun! She was Irish, if that tells you anything. Her name was Marie.

Yesterday we moved our fifth-wheel out to the back field so our first arrivals (Jay & Jackie) can take our usual parking spot in the RV shelter when they arrive tomorrow. Next arrivals, Bob & Betsy, will be here Monday. Betsy is our double lung transplant friend who is now growing very frail. We stayed at their place in OR last month. They will go on cement parking pad in front of our shop. This means our truck will have to come out of the shop and be parked in the front woods. We will have to push Jay's truck off into the woods, too, so he won't be blocked in when Tuesday's arrivals (Marc & Sherri) show up. They will be the lucky ones that get to park closest to Vicki's house. As far as we know, they are only staying one night. I think we're going to need a traffic cop to get all the trailers parked and then find places for all the pick-ups so they don't get blocked in! lol!

Today we vacuum and clean bathrooms and do last load(s) of laundry. Then I can go play in my sewing room. I have my Christmas Swap blocks done and ready to mail so now I can clear up some space on my worktable and get busy assembling GD3. I cut strips yesterday for it yesterday and started putting out the first two sections on my design board. This project is a cross between putting a jigsaw puzzle together and weaving strips. Can't wait to get started! But first - the uglies.

JANA - glad Ethan got some quality time with Gramma! I know nothing about water heaters but in listening to others talk, it sounds like tankless is a good way to go if possible. Do you know anyone who has one that you can talk to about it?

TINA - I didn't know you had a new little Frenchie grand-dog, too! You and Irish need to compare gramma notes!

Supper tonite - I have a few chicken enchiladas left over from when I made/froze the big pan of them yesterday so we had those for supper last night and will again tonite with a big salad. I put a bit too much cream cheese in with the chicken. But I wanted to use up the rest of the package. Shouldn't have done it. But they taste ok if a tad creamy. Maybe if I bill them CREAMY green chili chicken enchiladas, no one will thing anything of it. :roll:

Have a happy Friday night supper!

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 16

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:01 am

Well a very gloomy day here. Chance of rain again. The weather let up long enough for us to go to dinner. The rack of ribs of delicious!! Enough leftovers for lunch today. Yummy!
Tonight is my pork chops that were my back up plan if the weather didn't cooperate yesterday.

Boy, Mary, your place will be really hopping. Lots of good times.
Hope Vicki doesn't cause problems for you all.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 16

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:09 am

Good morning!

Mary - Happy Birthday to your Mom! our moms are almost the same age, mine is just three years younger. Sorry about the salsa spill on the new floor - i have been looking at the flooring for the Batt Cave that is more a smooth textured barnwood look. I am usually barefoot and want something that isn't too rough on my feet.

Dinner here is up in the air - I have some fresh corn and need to think of something to go with it, but I am thinking that will change completely and it will be spaghetti and salad. Maybe i will make meatballs to go in it.

Down here in the Batt Cave and finally getting the chance to go over my serger and see what damage i did to it. I am finding bits of needle pieces all over that area, so it will get a throrough cleaning!

Daniel is heading home tomorrow. A new fire broke out near where he lives, and more than likely he will get called out with his strike team. California has been reatively quiet so far with fires up north. This new fire is close to where the entire town of Paradise was destroyed. Daniel says that there's not much left from that fire to fuel the new fire. The new fire is heading up the canyon into the more forested areas, which is trouble.

Well, time to get busy,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”