Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning,

I beat Dean up this morning! (the rooster next door) That's hard to do! But now I hear him crowing in his rooster house, demanding to be let out. lol!

Yesterday I finished my Christmas swap blocks. Whew! Applique work REALLY gets my neck and back and hips. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and he had some work to do on me. Feel much better this morning. Today I'm going to make and freeze my chicken enchiladas. With all this company coming I want to be ready. Sat night we're going out for Italian with the first couple. Sunday we're having ham, sweet potatoes and broccoli. Monday is lasagna. Tuesday is the party that everyone is coming for. Wed (the morning after) is a big breakfast and enchiladas for supper for those who are still here. (We're not sure when everyone is leaving.) Any dishes left in the freezer we'll save for my sister's visit in a couple of weeks. I have to say all this "out loud" to get it organized in my own head. Because if nothing else, I am ORGANIZED. lol!

For the Wednesday breakfast, I have a crockpot egg/ham/hashbrown/cheese/onion/green pepper recipe that I'm going to set cooking the night before. In the morning we'll add bacon, English muffins, and fruit. Yum! I'm hungry already!

But life isn't all about cooking. I am hoping to get a bit of a start on assembling my Gypsy Dancer today. We'll see if that happens. I will have to turn my living room floor into my design wall. That means vacuuming . . .

IRISH - You sound pretty busy yourself, cavorting all around the town with your sister and the rest of your gang. What did you get at the big farm? And a new grandpuppy! What's his/her name? My niece, Carmen, had a Frenchie for years, "Buster". That little dog was her everything! That was quite a tumble little Emma took! Hope she's OK. So what kind of trouble are you looking for today?

JANA - I was worried that if fires broke out while Daniel was in UT they might call him back to CA. Hope they have a great time today at the planes/trains/dino place. We learned something of the politics in fighting fires when we worked in the firecamps in CA back in "Ought-two".

VELDA - happy anniversary! Your special dinner sounds delicious!

I have to wait until after I make my chix enchiladas to see what we're having for supper. I'm cooking up the chicken this morning. If there is extra, I will make something with that. If not - I will figure out new food. Maybe just poached eggs.

What ideas are percolating in your head for supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 15

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 am

Good morning!

All my chickens are still asleep here. I have in the oven some orange rolls baking, that should get their attention.

Nana Camp is over, so all the kids will be home and probably here for dinner. Which will be burgers and macaroni salad. My Karlie's new favorite.

Crenda hurt her knee the other day and the Dr said the meniscus is damaged, so it's rest, ice and Aleve. So I will be the cook tonight.

Mary - you are organized! You couldn't be the wonderful hosts that you and Bill are without it!

Well, the smells worked,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 15

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi everyone! I'm sliding in late to my chair, better late than never I guess.
Mary, sounds like you're going to be super prepared for all your gathering! Sounds like such a fun time too. All your food sounds yummy yummy!
Jana, orange rolls, way yummy!
We had chicken, baked potatoes and salad. It was Dad's night, I think we eat bigger meals on his nights LOL
We took our grand puppy to the vet for a check up and shots and he got wormed too. He's a little 15 week old French bulldog. He's a character. He's having a little reaction to his shots so we had to give him half of a baby aspirin and half of a benadryl the vet said and Holly will be keeping an eye on him the rest of the evening.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”