Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 14

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 14

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning,

We're having a cloudy morning and only going to 72* today. Our part of the state is comfortable, if too dry. But the eastern side of the mtns are on fire. All the places we were camping last month are now in danger.

Yesterday Bill finished all his outside chores. He even pressure washed the woodshed roof! I got laundry done and spent some quality time in my sewing room. Today Bill is going to mow and I think we're going to go grocery/Costco shopping again. If you check out my post in sew-in this morning, you'll see we're going to suddenly be having epic company starting Saturday and going thru next Thursday. Counting ours, we'll have 4 Arctic Fox trailers in our yard! Vicki is going to have a fit! And I am going to be cooking, cooking, cooking. Everyone is coming for the big party Tex & Annette are having on Tuesday. lol! And I'm cooking for that, too! The big cake and baked beans. Bill says I should make it easy on myself and buy Costco lasagna. I have a hard time with that. I cook homemade from scratch, but I think he's right this time. And chicken enchiladas one night which I'll make myself. Things are going to get busy here soon! Two Oregon couples plus last night our Olympia friends called and asked if they can park here too so they don't have a 60-mile drive home at night after a party. We walked around our yard last night with a glass of wine in hand, and mentally parked everyone. We can fit them in if we move our own trailer to the back forty. We'll also be planning a big departure breakfast for Wed morning. Hopefully departure, anyway. This should be fun! Right?

JANA - glad you got a night off from cooking. Tequila - er, I mean taquitoes - would make a great supper! I'm going to get some frozen ones at Costco today.

VELDA - you are probably trying to eat down your freezer and fridge in preparation for your big move. This might make for some interesting meals!

TINA - Oh, I loved the Harry Potter stories! and yes, I read them all. They are just plain fun! And you're right - as good as the movies are, the books are much better.

As for supper tonite - we're having leftover taco casserole. It turned out pretty good and is worth the re-run. What's on your menu?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 14

Post by Irishgram » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 am

Good morning from a very dreary but warm, SW. Pa...Not sure if we're going to get dumped on or Mr. Sun is just sleeping in this morning.....

Mary, after ready your post, my days are very boring....I hope you are able to take pictures of your "camp ground"...One thing, you guys sure know how to entertain, no doubt about it!
Was so sorry to hear Chickie is having another bad spell...Just a few days ago, I got the sweetest, most inspiring card from her...Really, really meant a lot......

Yesterday was spent at Red Robin with my sister's card club gals and what a great day....Haven't laughed so much in a long time...Today, I'm picking up my sister and we're going to a huge farm and see what damage we can do, $$ wise and knowing Ruby like we do, we'll probably have to stop somewhere for lunch...Then this afternoon, we're stopping at Kevin's...He's dog sitting his new grand puppy, little French bulldog, and wants us to see her..AND if we're lucky, Emma might be there..Today is her daddy's birthday and the 2 of them might be out celebrating, lol....Kevin did tell me yesterday, Emma is sporting 2 black eyes and possibly a broken nose...She did a dive off the bed and hit the window sill...He keeps saying she's a crazy gal and guess she's trying to prove it.......
And then when I get back home, I need to spend some time with the fur babies that I'm taking care of for a friend...I have a feeling, my friend isn't going to be too happy with the way I've been spoiling them...But, she does get even, she watches Baby Girl when I'm away......

As for my dinner, probably just a sandwich or left overs from lunch...It's gotten, meals aren't that important unless maybe someone else is cooking..

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating.....................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:59 am

Good morning!

We are starting off cooler than yesterday, a good thing! A thunderstorm rolled through and cooled things off and also got rid of some of the smoke from fires in Oregon and California. I teased Daniel that he brought the smoke with him, so he would not miss it! If he were home this week, he would have been called out to the big fire up in Plumas National Forest. That is a Fed fire and who he works for is Cal Fire and those two don't play well in the sandbox together. But the Feds needed help. There will be other fires, I am sure.

The kids are going up to the 0lan3s and dinosaurs today. There are trains up there too, but weren't open yesterday, so the adventure was put off until today. The little girls are excited!

So with the adventure off yesterday, Daniel and Aaron fixed our little truck and I 0layed with the little girls. Lila needed shoes, so Kari and Kate went shopping. Girls are so different from boys! I am so used to boys, that playing princesses is a whole new ballgame! But fun! Wore me out, so I called for pizza for the whole tribe last night. Leftover pizza will be our dinner, as after the adventure, they are eating at Aaron's. My day will be quiet and in the Batt Cave, checking ceiling progress, and sewing. Ceiling isn't hard, just time consuming.

Mary - P-A-R-T-Y,! It will be such a fun time at your house!

Irish - you and your sister can get into so much trouble- hope no bail money is needed!

Well, time to feed around these parts,
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:44 am

Not much to report about today. Hope our Chickie is feeling better.
Wow, Mary you sure have a busy time to look forward to. Sounds like fun!
No cooking again tonight for me. I reckon I will give in to ordering Crispito again. I love it, so I really think I will do that.
I love all the things you all are cooking too.
By the way, no cooking tomorrow night either.
It will be our #54 Anniversary. We are treating ourselves to their Whiskey coated Ribs. Yummy!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”