Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:47 am

Good Tuesday morning!

Weather here is purrfect, though a few nighttime showers would be nice. We're to be 72*-80* for the next 10 days out. That's as far as my phone wx app goes. You watch! My sis will come Aug 2 when we have camping rezzies with them and we'll get our rain then! Though coming from dry CO, she will love it! She misses the PNW.

Yesterday I got all my UGH-lies done, had a nice visit with a friend who stopped by, and Foxy and I still had 2 hours of quality time together in our sewing room. Have to admit, though, I didn't get around to supper. We had leftover pizza about 2:30 and a big salad about 6pm.

TINA - I'd be looking around for whoever's idea it was to paint your house! They need a piece of your mind! They stole your summer! Your roast sounds delicious. What did you do with it? Just eat it as roast or did it go into some other Mexican dish? Would it work in a crockpot? I'd hate to have my oven on most of the day if it's very hot out.

VELDA - Dancing AND dinner? It's good to be you!

JANA - It's nice to hear that paper dolls still exist. That was my go-to toy when I was little. Barbie dolls hadn't been born yet and when they finally were we weren't allowed to have them. I wanted a Tiny Tears, but didn't get that either. So paper dolls it was! Played with them for hours! And your spot at my cake decorating table is secure! Next Tuesday morning will be decorating day! See you and your buttercream and tools then!

CHICKIE hasn't been feeling well again. In fact, she's been pretty sick, so she would probably appreciate any good thoughts, prayers, karma you could send her way.

Tonights supper is going to be something Mexican. Perhaps taco casserole. With a salad on the side.

What's on your mind for your supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 13

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:27 am

Good morning!

Mary - I too loved my paper dolls. These are slightly different, the doll is made from wood, stands up very nicely and all the clothes and accessories are magnetic and stick on. You name the Disney princess and I probably have her! Right now, the Little Mermaid is the hit.

The kids -Aaron and Daniel families are heading north to the Air Base plane museum and the dinosaur park. The little girls all love planes and dinosaurs. They are having dinner together tonight, so I don't need to cook here. We will have some easy, maybe taquitos in the air fryer. Had to double check the spell checker, it put in tequilas! Not in this house! LOL!

Our handyman will be here working. We will be in the Batt Cave too. Nice and cool. At 4 am this morning, our temp was 81. We will only get hotter today. No rain, sure hoping for a good hurricane season of the gulf of California, that brings us our much needed monsoon rains in August.

Well, time to fix breakfast around here,
Hugs, and prayers,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:03 am

Good Tuesday!
Oh my, Mary, you can bet that "Murphy;s Law" will for sure mess up your camping plans!
Poor Chickie, So sorry to hear that she is having problems. Need to keep our prayer chain going for our quilting circle.
I love your salad supper you ended up with. So nice for a summer evening.
Yes, we love the opportunities we are blessed with to go dancing frequently. Twice on one week and once on the off week. I love the eating out on the way to the event, but I am really challenged to be careful and make good food choices when I order my food. I am learning to tell the waitress when I prefer to omit an item. Such as last week, I ordered a grilled chicken senior dinner. It comes with soup or salad, that's easy to choose salad and I always get my dressing on the side and use the "dip your fork, then stick your salad bite". I learned that through Weight Watcher years ago. Then the entree comes with choice of potato, I decided to omit the potato and she was nice enough to give me a little more on my vegetable that comes with it. It was perfect. I had plenty to eat and didn't feel like I was going to mess up my glucose reading.
My friend is also diabetic and don't know how she manages for as many times in a week that they eat out. I know how hard it is to be "good" when it comes to meal planning.
Tonight, for our dinner, I am not sure yet what I will choose, I have a few items here that need to be used and one of them is smoked sausage. Might choose that with a nice big salad and lots of vegetables.
Have a great day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:46 am

Good morning!
Mary, I think the whole west half of the United States are wanting rain now. The culprit was me! LOL the porch siding needed to be replaced and the house needed painting, the plan was that Frankie would paint it because I've always done 100% of the painting and I'm just not up to it plus the heat and stuff....... well he doesn't know how to paint worth anything! So I'm having to do it. I'm also having to watch and instruct him how to do the parts I can't reach. By the time we finish maybe he'll be better at it.
I just made burritos for supper last night from the meat, oh my gosh were they ever tasty! I shredded it all and divided into 4 quart size freezer bags to freeze and supper last night. It would work in a crockpot but only if you have one big enough, this thing had the bone and we cooked it in those aluminum Turkey roasting pans. It would be great in the fall or winter for helping to heat up your house for sure.
Jana, I loved my paper dolls too, I played and played with them.
Vel, we started ordering mostly off the sides menus because we don't eat all the stuff that comes on a plate or like you we tell them to leave stuff off if it's not available as a side.
Frankie is putting in solar for our pond pumps, we're going this cuts a good chunk of our electric bill. I did all the laundry yesterday. I'm trying to finish a book and might just make it in my sewing room. We're to get to 91° today so I'm hoping it doesn't get too hot with the humidity we've been having.
Jazmyne started reading my Harry Potter books yesterday, I kept telling her the movies leave bunches out LOL she's hooked after just half of the first book. She can't believe how much the movies left out LOL
I think I'm making tacos or taco salads for supper and we also have a big bowl of salad in the fridge.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that pics have been posted in the comfort quilts project if you'd like to take a look see to see what we've been sending out. I started posting pics on the pages instead of just page 1 so it's easier to keep the pics in order for me. This is an ongoing project and we couldn't do it without your help of donated blocks and tops and supplies (which we have plenty of), we only lack postage money donations at the moment.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”