Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:30 am

Good morning,

We are cool this morning- only 53*. We should warm up to 72* by afternoon. This is more like our normal. Yesterday I got my whole list of wanna/gotta-do's done. 3 loads of wash, shined up all the dusty display things in the kitchen (cookie jars, special wine glasses, cats, counters, garden window, and more). All that took me 4 hours. Then I allowed myself to play in my room where I worked some on Christmas swap blocks and some on GD3 filler blocks. During the evening I cross-stitched. It was a productive day! Today, I'm polishing woodwork, washing light fixtures, and deep cleaning our master bath.

LORI - I'm so happy everyone gets their walk every day! No whining! I love your babies.

Supper tonite will probably be leftover tacos.

What's the plan for your plate tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 8

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:55 am

Good morning!

It was a very productive day here yesterday too. Daniel got the front section of the train table built and in place. Screwed into the floor, it ain't moving! I built some of the drawers, still have a few more to build. I would have finished that task, but ran out of known space to put the drawers, until they are in their final home. The handyman was working in the same area, getting the ceiling installed. He got about half of this section up. He won't be here today, but he's hoping for tomorrow, if his other job is finished. Dan will be building more today. The indoor house projects are almost completed. What will I do with no construction? LOL! I guess, make more UFO'S or get them all quilted. Michael will be laying track and there are many who want to come and help.

Dinner tonight is the big family feast. Smoked brisket, smoked baby back ribs, smoked chicken,, macaroni salad, green salad, baked beans, chips, drinks, spice cake, and cheesecake. Kate made a spice cake for Aaron's BD yesterday, but saved it for tonight. There will be a couple of burgers for a child, if they don't like the grown up food. The will be about 22 of us for dinner. I have a quick run to Costco for the cheesecake. They make a very good one.

So not much sewing today. There are folding tables with stuff on them in front of my LA. I did finish the doll overalls and a shirt. Navy blue overalls with a red check shirt.

Mary - you were on quite a roll yesterday. And will be quite busy most of the summer. Best way to spend summertime! Your floor sounds perfect! Any extra height gain is great! Even when you are tall!

Miss our Becca, Irish, Chickie, and MaryRose. Prayers for all of them, and us too!

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:07 am

Hi, everyone.
We went to supper and dancing last night. My favorite: Crispito s. So much fun, good music 🎶 and a bit of dancing.
Tonight is our Taco Salad night. Looking forward to it.
Will find some fabrics for this month's Lotto.
Easy block this month!
I like to keep Teresa doing this, so will support her Lotto journey.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:06 am

Mary, you are busy, busy, busy. I love days when I get a lot done. Yes, the boys get their walks everyday. We miss maybe 5-6 days a year.

Jana, sounds like the table with drawers will be done soon. Glad everything is coming along.

Velda, how fun for you. Taco salad sounds delicious. I might copy that.

I've got a few pineapple blocks done. Cut out some more piece and will work on those today.

For dinner I think I'll make chicken taco salad. We have left over chicken from last night.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”