Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 7

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 7

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:54 am

Good morning,

Well, once again we should have been careful what we wished for - we'll only be 66* and cloudy today. But SO MUCH better than 107*!

We got our new kitchen floor yesterday and it really looks nice. And he laid it on top of the old floor so now I'm 1/4" taller in my kitchen! Whoo Hoo!! Now I can reach the second row of coffee mugs on the second shelf! (If I stand on tippy-toe) I feel like such a big girl! I did nothing all day long but play in my sewing room. I finished the last two main blocks in "Gypsy" (Now I only have to make the 57 'filler' blocks!) and then worked on my Christmas swap blocks. One block is finished - my sample. And I traced, fused, and rough cut 13 more blocks. Today I'll cut out the rest and make my background (snow and sky). And do a couple loads of wash and wash some of the high-up dusty things that require a 3-step ladder to get down.

I got a text from MARY ROSE a few weeks ago. She was showing me the progress she is making on her cross-stitched picture of her DGD who is getting married. This picture is going on their wedding quilt. She said then that she is working full-time and comes home from work VERY Tired. No progress with the doctors. She feels like she fell through their cracks. These days you have to be your own advocate and keep calling them.

Also, CHICKIE had a bad bout of vertigo and fell while out walking. She always carries her phone so she called her DH and he came and got her with the ATV. She was feeling better after resting the rest of the day.

Last we heard of BECCA, which was from CHICKIE, is she is still in rehab. Anxious to be home. Her facility is almost 70 miles from home. I don't think she has any family at all near her.

JANA - well, who doesn't love a dinosaur dress!? When I was little I loved Daniel Boone and had some clothes with scenes of him that I wore with my coonskin cap. To church. And everywhere else. So I understand the Dinosaurs! lol!

TINA - with your temps it sounds like it's time to grill or use the crockpot to make supper. On really hot days I set my crockpot outside as even that can add to the heat. Glad you are painting before attaching the skirting. So much easier!

I can't decide on supper for tonite. I need to take stock of some things. I have plenty of food to cook, but I also have to make some company meals in a few weeks. I need to check pull dates on my ham, ricotta, etc, that would make good company meals. I might have to use them up sooner. So, it could be tamales, lasagna, tacos, ham, or chicken. I'll stop back here later to see what you all are making and maybe I'll get an idea from one of you.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 7

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning!
Mary, glad you're talking today 🤣😂 Holly put down some laminate flooring that is really close to ½" thick. We decided when we replace ours that we're getting the kind she got, we really like hers! Oh yes for sure I'm painting before it gets put up LOL, touch ups are easy easier than totally painting after installation. We usually cook on the grill unless I'm making tacos or burritos.... stuff like that. I do use my crockpot too, I love not much work and having yummy suppers.
We got rain rain last night, neither of us thought it rained very much but water is standing everywhere, very nice! The bad thing is we're going to hit 100° in 2 to 3 days 🥵
Well last night I had found a small steak and we split it so I'll fix grilled chicken for supper and a salad.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:21 am

Good morning!

All are here working today. My house is a beehive! After this is all done, I will need a long vacation, or sleep, like Rip Van Winkle!

Dinner - I have Gracie and Lila tonight for dinner, so it's pizza! Papa Murphy here I come. Tomorrow is the big family dinner. All I need to do is a macaroni salad and pick up a couple of Costco cheesecakes. I have a bunch of easy fill water balloons so a big water fight will happen in the backyard. Lots of giggling.

Michael has a Dr appointment in a few minutes, so I am the lovely assistant, until he gets back. Daniel was instrumental in getting my new door lock, so that may get installed today as well.

Well, my assisting duties are needed,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:42 am

Jana, how fun for you having 2 little girls to giggle with. I bet you'll have a few fun stories tomorrow.

Mary, thanks for the update on everyone. Bummer Chickie had another episode. Glad she was able to call for help. How nice to have new flooring. And it makes you taller as well. Win win! My planters are long and narrow. I've let them go and it's taking a long time to clean them up. My chives are out of control. I'll need to cut them back a bit.

Tina, painting when it's hot is no fun. Hope you get it done before it gets too hot. We're suppose to heat up today as well. But only into the upper 80's. We do have humidity though, so it seem warmer.

I walked early with Jack and then worked in the back planters a bit. I need to vacuum and tidy up a bit. Then some sewing this afternoon.

Dinner will be chicken on the grill or chili. Haven't decided yet.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:48 am

I'm back!

TINA - glad you got rain, but hope it's not too steamy when your high temps return.

LORI - isn't there a sad furry face when you walk just one boy and not the other? I would LOVE to have your chives! I used to have a big pot of them on my deck but one year, they just up and died. And basil doesn't even try to live here.

JANA - What would a summer family gathering be without waterfights?! Classic! I remember when I was little we were having a water fight and my older sis was ready and waiting for my teenaged brother to come around the corner of the house. When he did, she let him have it - a whole bucket of water right in the face! Only it wasn't Gene, it was Daddy! :o lol!

I've decided on tacos for supper tonite. I've been checking pull dates and all my foods will still be just fine when company gets here, so I think we'll have lasagna July 19. And ham on the 21st if they are all still here. The 20th is a big yard party at Tex & Annette's that we're all going to. Now to just figure out suppers for the intervening week .. . . .

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Mary, Bill walks Wrigley. Bill sleeps later, so they walk later. I like to go when it's still cool out, so we've been going a little bit earlier. I walk them both when he's playing golf. So there is no pouty face.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”