Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:54 am

Good early morning,

I finished the yard yesterday! Hooray! Then I came inside and made a sample block for the Christmas swap, a couple of GD blocks, and the sew-along block for week #14. And posted pictures of the swap and sew-along block in their threads. Today we're getting our new kitchen floor finally. It's vinyl boards. Same stuff we put in the bathroom a few months back. The boards will be laid on the diagonal, like the present floor. In fact, I'm hoping they can lay it over the present floor. Believe me, when you're only 4'11" tall, you need every spare 1/4" you can get! So the kitchen is off limits to me today. Not a bad thing! :D So I think I'll do some cleaning downstairs. Polish furniture, light fixtures, that kind of ugly thing. And some sewing upstairs. I will probably work on more GD blocks. And maybe start tracing parts and pieces for my Christmas blocks. We've been invited to Tex & Annette's for a BBQ tonite but time is dependent on when our floor is done.

VELDA - I, too, prefer a carmelized look and flavor. Did you add onions to your packet? You mentioned pizza. I saw a recipe someplace recently where you make a pizza dough, roll it out, add all your toppings, then roll it up like a log and cut it into 1" slices, like cinnamon rolls. Bake them and they make appetizers or supper. I'm thinking of trying it one of these days.

TINA - I'm sure the dogs felt better with Gramma and Grampa there on July 4th! Are you painting the skirting before putting it up or after? What a job! And no, I don't think my sewing room will ever be clean again! I've run out of places to put things! The closets are jammed full, under the quilting frame is packed, every nook, cranny, shelf, and drawer is filled, and I'm walking around piles of things. You haven't seen my sewing room, but I've been in yours and yours is big and roomy compared to my little hole in the wall.. ..

LORI - my pattern has 13 or 14 main blocks, all different, various sizes. Then about 50 "filler blocks" ranging from 10" to 2-1/2". And strips of various lengths. Assembly is like working a jigsaw puzzle. A challenge for sure! But I'm glad I don't have any pineapple blocks! Those things give me a headache! lol!
How big are your planters in your yard?

JANA - and so begins the beloved chaos! What's on tap for the day for you and yours?

Since we're going to our friends for supper, no cooking here. I think they said they are grilling steaks, but I'm not sure. What's YOUR plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 6

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:06 am

Good morning!
I'm popping in here before I go paint.
Mary, I hope they can leave your old flooring, you'll feel taller! I wish my kitchen was off limits to me! LOL
I'm painting the skirting before it goes on. No way could I crawl around and paint it after, plus a few inches goes under ground to keep creepy crawlies out. I'll just need to touch up where the screws get put in because we couldn't find screws the same color.
I think chicken will be part of our supper tonight, maybe grilled and a salad. We're gonna hit 90 today and our humidity is high, we do have a chance of rain this evening. I'm not sure how we're not seeing steam with high temps and high humidity 🤣😂
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:26 am

Good morning!

Dinner tonight is one of three options, leftover pot roast turned into a cassarole, left over spaghetti, or pizza from Papa Murphy that Crenda left here. Her Dad owns a Papa Murphy's and when a mistake is made on a order, he brings them home and gives them to his kids. We have three in my refrigerator at the moment.

Day will be quiet here. Just Karlie. Ethan will be at his house. I will help Daniel and sew doll clothes for Karlie's doll I made. I had a piece of bright colored dinosaurs and Karlie loves dinosaurs, so I have a dress cut out ready to sew. Also a pair of overalls.

Well, time to scoot, time to make doughnuts with Karlie,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:10 pm

Has anyone heard from Mary rose?
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”