Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning,

What a great Fourth! We HEARD a lot of fireworks. The closest we came to SEEING any was the news segment about the town that was setting up a professional display and something set the whole shebang off all at once, prematurely. Somewhere else in the country that isn't here. What a bummer.

We got most of the yard work finished. Will finish that off today and start on the inside. Things are in pretty good shape but a few chores only get done a couple times a year. And that's usually when company is coming. So it's time . . . I also had a bit of time in my sewing room yesterday and fully intend to have more today! It's a bit of a mess in there right now. I have Christmas fabrics out for the swap, 30's fabric out for the sew-along, other fabrics for my Star Bright, all my pinks are out for my GD3, and a tall stack of blocks for the comfort quilts that need to be sorted and then tops sewn together. I can barely walk in there. My cat is most displeased. It's HIS hangout as well as mine and he doesn't like change. Or the path between his food dish and his basket disrupted. This is why I usually only work on one project at a time but things kind of snowballed on me. I may never get my head above the fabric line again!

LORI, I hope the fireworks weren't too hard on your fur-kids yesterday. We've had a 3-day airshow going on here at our local airport and yesterday was day 2. Military jets were doing fancy stuff over our house. They were so low yesterday that I was in the house and instinctively ducked! The dog ran out on the deck and barked at them! lol! Then all the firecrackers started exploding about the time the jets went home. We could see Foxy was about to bolt by 8pm so we all went inside and locked the cat flap.

VELDA - those dinner packets sound delicious! We do packet suppers, too, sometimes. But I do like to brown the chicken first. (I also brown chicken before putting it in the crockpot.) Sometimes we do burger packets, too.

TINA - Easton cracks me up! But then I was thinking - motel rooms are fascinating to little kids. I still remember the layout of rooms we stayed in when I was 3 yrs old and my parents took us to Scottsdale, AZ to visit my grandmother.

As for supper tonite, I have leftover pasta alfredo and leftover potato salad. I may boost up both dishes, we'll have the pasta tonite, and take the potato salad to Tex & Annette's tomorrow. They have invited us over for a BBQ.

What's cooking in your mind for supper tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 5th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:26 am

Yes, Maryz, the packets make it easier and less mess. I need to experiment and try searing the meat first. I like the carmelized look and taste.
Tonight? Mmmm I have to do some planning. I might end up ordering pizza. We have Monday night special at drive up window. $14 for large 16" thin crust pizza, up to 4 toppings. We always get just one, (sausage), but I might push for sausage and pepperoni tonight.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning!
We had a good day yesterday, Frankie mowed and I got all the laundry done. In thre evening we went to Holly's house to take care of her animals and we stayed there a few hours so the dogs felt safe and I turned a tv on for them and made sure they were all comfy cozy with the run of the house before we went outside and sat in our vehicle to watch the fireworks display. I felt better to be in their driveway in case the dogs went crazy inside but we never heard them. Frankie said when he went over this morning to let them out that they must've crawled under the boys blankets and slept like that, he could see where they unmade the beds to get under the covers. Holly and the kids will be back today sometime so we're off animal duty now.
Mary, your sewing room sounds like my normal LOL you'll be all caught up and cleaned up before I finish painting this batch if skirting I bet 😊
Vel, I think searing chicken gives it more flavor too.
We have a 40% chance of rain this afternoon/ evening so I'll be painting in the garage this morning and about 8 or 9 tonight, I try to give 12 hours between my coats.
Supper tonight will be ham slices on the grill, potato cakes and zucchini..... yep the garden now has zucchini ready to eat!
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:16 am

Mary, when Jonathan lived closer to the base, the Jets would be low flying over the house all day long. It was a bit much. He's moved out a bit and they still fly over, but they are higher up and don't fly out that way as much. This Jen Kingwell pattern is crazy. I had no idea how many small blocks there were when I started. The 5 inch pineapple block takes 37 pieces. I only need 16 of those. I've only been using my scraps so far.

Tina, Ham and potato cakes sounds good.

I miss Becca.

I need to vacuum this morning. Then I might work in the planters a bit before it gets too hot. Sewing or cutting this afternoon.

Dinner will be chicken something. I'll figure that out later.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:19 am

Good morning!

Most are still asleep here, so it's quiet for the time being. Don't really know what is happening today. Daniel will get started on the train tables. Our handyman will be here on Wednesday for starting the next section of the ceiling. I have most of the mess in my kitchen cleaned up.

Dinner - leaning toward spaghetti, salad and garlic toast. Easy.

Ethan will be down later. Sewing, unknown.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”