Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club, Wed June 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club, Wed June 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:53 am

Good morning,

Today is the day we’re headed home. It will be about 375 miles, probably an eight hour run. Back in the day, that was a short day for us and now we would prefer to do it in two days but we need to be back.

Yesterday we drove into town, stopped at our RV rally that is taking place now but which we are skipping this year, and said hi to a few people. But hardly anyone was there that we knew. I think the old-timers have stayed home because of Covid and it’s all new people now. Then we went to the quilt shop and I found some really pretty WOW fabrics so I stocked up on three different ones.

Spent the afternoon stitching and reading while Bill napped. Then we went out to supper with Bob and Betsy. Afterwards We took a drive around this beautiful area after supper and saw five deer along the way. One was munching right outside the restaurant. 🙂 A slight miscalculation on Bob’s Park parking the car and we could’ve had venison for supper!

Tonight will be a surprise for us. Could be a PB&J. Possibly grilled cheese sandwich. Here’s hoping you have a better idea of your plate for tonight.

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club, Wed June 23

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:24 am

Hi Mary and others. Thanks, Mary for trying to send Becca's address. I found it in my notebook after all. So I am mailing a greeting.
Tonight is music night and dinner out with friends. There is a restaurant enroute to the event that has a Wednesday night special. It is called: Crispeto. Kinda like a taco, but not exactly. Really crispy shell with a chili like filling. Layed on its side on plate. Sprinkled with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and minced onion, but I always skip the onions.
It's so tasty. Eat with a fork, so not messy to eat.
I hope we stop there again tonight. The couple we ride with have other restaurants we stop at, so not always the same each week.
It's Amish area and some times we have stopped at big buffet. OMG! That's an eating marathon! Hard to behave and not over eat there! LOL
Will report tomorrow.
Have a safe trip homeward bound!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:02 am

Good morning!
Mary, safe travels, it's gonna be a long day. I love seeing deer but yes they can hop right out at you while driving.
Vel, the crispeto sounds good, I might have to look that up and make it.
I'm still painting LOL plus today is laundry, vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms and cooking. I think I get the short end of the stick.
Our brother in law called last night and on his way home yesterday evening he said the road had bunches of small rattlesnakes, about a foot long at the most. He'd never seen anything like it, us either. Last year was crazy, we didn't see not even 1 rattlesnake and that's never happened before. Frankie usually kills at least 5 a year out back on our property, not counting if any get in our yards. I sure hope we don't get any over here!
I'm not sure about supper yet. It's Dad's night so I know I gotta fix something. 🤔
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:34 am

Good morning!

Mary - safe journey home. Even with your second home behind you, there's no place like home!

Tina - a big huge ugggh - rattlers! They have been putting out the warning here too. A bad season for them.

My class went well. All but one got her pj's made. She didn't quite grasp the concept of matching fabric edges to make the seam. She lives just kitty corner from me and I will help her fix and finish.

The tree installers will be here today. The track pieces for the next section of the Batt Cave also arrived yesterday. More ridding of dust in the Batt Cave. My life these days, vanquishing dust, uglies and maybe some sewing.

Dinner - thought of something really good, and have now promptly forgot what it was. Hopefully walking in the kitchen will help! There are days like this.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”