Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Sunday June 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Sunday June 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:56 am

Good morning!

A beautiful day yesterday -a sunny 79’ but rain moved in during the night. Going to rain here all day long. We will be moving east over the mtns though so sunshine awaits!

I got some more GD3 blocks cut out and bagged yesterday morning. Then we went into town. I think the crazy LQS was gone. No sign out anymore. Looked like it had been turned back into an occupied home. Went to small flea mkt and bought an old Better Home/garden cookbook and a toy tanker truck for my BIL who collects. Spent late afternoon and evening sitting out under awning, cross-stitching, reading, people-watching.

Becca, so nice to have Marty handy and willing. What treasures your kids are!

Lori, acchhh!! Fish!! You forgot #1 rule of supper club!! We don’t say it out loud but if you MUST eat catfood it’s referred to as “mac & cheese”. You wont get demerits -this time- because you did a good deed and helped out your dad.

Our supper will probably be yankee dip sandwiches with raw veggies on the side. We have brownies and a box of Nutty Buddies in the freezer for afters. Hopefully the rain won’t follow us so we can grill outside.

What’s your meal plan?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Sunday June 13

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:45 am

Good morning!
Mary, please send me rain! We hit 108° yesterday and are supposed to be there again today 🥵 it's totally yucky!
I watered the front yard trees and shrubs yesterday morning and last night about 8 watered my flowers and flower beds it back. At 8 it was still 99° 🥵 we ended up leaving the cooler on all night long 💰
The front of the house has 2 coats on it so I've just got to paint trim and skirting but can't do that until Frankie is ready to put that up. I'm not letting him do anything outside in this heat and is it ever a battle. At least today we won't be home. We're going to Cruces to get tires on his truck and have a late lunch early supper with Kevin, Maria and Matthew. Our appointment is at noon but it usually takes them at least 2 hours, I sure hope it's not longer. I'm taking a book to read though.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:29 am

Good morning!

Well, I am half dressed and ready for church. Just need to slip on my dress and shoes. We leave in a little over anhour from now, so I put up my feet and rest. I did straighten my kitchen first.

Tina- no relief from my area on the heat, we too are going to be up near or over the century mark most of the upcoming week. We too need tires on my Highlander. Not looking forward to that sticker shock! We can drop off the Highlander and wait at home until they are done. The tire shop isn't too far away.

Mary - sorry about the dusty adventurous quilt shop being gone. Sounds like you are enjoying the drive through that pretty area. By the time you get where you will be for awhile, GD3 will be ready for assembly.

Dinner here will be our usual Sunday brunch fare. Easy to fix and doesn't mess up my kitchen or heat it up!

After church today is the neighborhood walkabout. We will find a shady spot in the front yard and park our chairs. Shady spots are hard to come by there in the afternoon as my house faces west, right where the sun is! And sunset isn't until almost 9 pm. We make it work.

Hopefully some sewing today. Gives me a chance to unwind from teaching my lesson.

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:49 am

Mary, sorry. I did refer to it as fancy cat food though. lol Molly likes mac and cheese.
Sounds like the perfect afternoon.

Jana, the heat is on here too. It's too early for it to be this hot. We're suppose to have June gloom here. Cloudy morning and just a little sun in the late afternoon.

Tina, Your plants must just wilt in that weather. I think I would plant as many trees as possible for shade.

I got another kit almost cut out. I'm changing the way some of the parts are made. There is a lot of waste with there instructions.

Dinner will be leftovers from last night. I'll make some turkey chili and take it up to my dad.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:51 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 86 That was our hi yesterday
I watched Church DGSs & Ours here
Enjoyed them So good to see people back again
Maryz Marty is a blessing to us as well as Alex & Denise They have all really helped since I was sick
Denise now has eye infection under eye lid She’s on meds & I hope they work Otherwise surgery
Alex also has a virus they call Covid virus
They told them if you had covid you are more susceptible to it
Enjoy your trip & I’m sure that GD will go fast just like your others You amaze me

Tina That kind of Heat would do me in I just don’t do heat well & CA can’t take it
Be careful and drink a lot

Jana Hope your getting to know each other goes well Hope for some shade for you Sure your lesson went well I always loved teaching both School and Church

I made CA steak & Rice I had meatballs from freezer & broccoli Apple pie for CA
Becca
Have a blessed day
Lori You are so sweet to look after your dad

Return to “Chit Chat”