Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 10th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning,

Still having chilly mornings, and highs in the mid 60's though it looks like next week we'll climb back into the 70's here, but we'll be east of the mountains by then and in the 80's and even a few days the 90's! 78* is my idea of a purrfect temp.

Today will be cleaning our master bath and vacuuming the house. I'll pack the trailer fridge and I think I'll even have time to sew a little - maybe make a few blocks for my new GD3. I did pull fabrics to make the first block -" card trick".

I spent yesterday in the the kitchen. I made cherry turnovers (using frozen puff pastry and canned pie filling) but they all split open and didn't taste all that wonderful. So I went to plan B - brownies, which turned out pretty good. So that is what I took to our friends last night. I think I watch too much Great British Baking Show. I've gotten more critical of my results. But I knew exactly what Paul Hollywood would have said about those turnovers. :lol:

JANA - so?? Who won your game? How do you fix your green beans that makes them so good. They aren't my favorite veggie, but I will eat them any way they're cooked. Mom always made hers with bacon and onion.

LORI - That quilting class sounds like it would be great for anyone who quilts on their regular machine. I've never used a walking foot. Never owned one. Is it really better?

BECCA - I'm so happy the saga of your hospital bill is, hopefully, over. And let's pray that you don't have to go to that hospital again! I'm glad the snake got away. I'm not a fan of snakes by any means, but I hate to see anything killed for no real reason. Now if it were poisonous that would be a different story. I am SOOO glad we don't have anything here but harmless little garter snakes, and I just saw my first one in 20 years a few weeks ago. I remember fried pies. I used to make them, too, back in the 70's. They were too yummy!

I texted Irish a few days ago just to check on her. Remember when she fell and slid down her front steps in the snow a few months back? Turns out she did some damage and has been in pain ever since and is being treated for that. Chronic pain can bring on depression and other problems so she has kind of holed up, not feeling like doing anything. No sewing, no cooking, no computer-ing. She may need some "hang in there, Baby" messages.

I think our supper tonite is going to be leftover tacos. Sort of a clean-out-the-fridge night.

What's the plan at your house?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 10th

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 am

Good morning!

Michael and Joseph are off dumping the last of the sod. There was too much, weight wise, for just one run. The dump is just up towards the north a few miles. Trees are tomorrow.

Mary - thank you for the Irish update. My worry meter was going off again. Enjoy the trip out. Middle of Washington is pretty too, though not as green as where you are.

Today, Tim will be here working on the ceiling. It is a big basement. He did another job for someone else yesterday, but will be here today.

I will be in the Batt Cave reclaiming my space. I can put back all the bookcase stuff. Need to wipe off my desk area and island from debris too. Other than that, it's playtime in the Batt Cave.

I do need a quick run to the grocery store. So nice to do small runs, instead of saving them up. So dinner might pop unto the basket, but if not I am doing my one pot broccoli, kielbasa, tortellini . Might add cornbread or sourdough rolls.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 10th

Post by Becca » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:23 am

Hello everyone part sun part clouds
CA had early DDS appt Got home & cleaned bathrooms did floors last night
Then dusted
Was cooking green beans for lunch or our dinner Went on front porch & saw the snake again Well CA & I together got it Sorry Maryz The only snake we save is black snakes or ground snakes not copperhead
Maryz I have been wondering about Irish Sure Will remember her Thanks for getting in touch
You always seem to be coming or going camping Enjoy your self
Jana Glad you are making progress
I made ham steak green beans & creamed potatoes CA had new filling so he had to watch
Becca
Pastor and his wife are coming this afternoon to visit
Have a great day everyone

Return to “Chit Chat”