Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning,

We've warmed our morning temps all the way up to 48*! Whoo Hoo! We're only going to 63* today. Yesterday we were having dinner out on the COVERED deck and, suddenly the clouds moved in and a hard, driving rain came down. So noisy we had to yell at each other to be heard. After 1/2 hour it was all over and the sky cleared again. Long range predictions were for us to have a hotter, drier summer but so far we're not seeing any of that.

Yesterday I finally did get my roses and other flowers fed and deadheaded. Cleaned one bathroom, polished countertops, re-organized the back pantry, mopped kitchen floor, and re-stuffed a feather pillow. Then we went grocery/Costco shopping. We also got my 4 little trailers hung in the big trailer. Today, my plan is chiro appt, clean downstairs, including the second bathroom, laundry, and finally finish cleaning my sewing room. I really want to sit and sew a little bit, but we'll see. Trying to force myself to finish chores before I turn on the machine.

JANA - I bet with all those little feet at your house, anything to help keep the floor clean is a god-send! Have you thought about just having Tim the Tool Man just move in with you? It would really cut his commute time! :lol: I know you are looking forward to Daniel's visit. Is his tentative plan to move to UT still off the table for now? I looked up your trees and it all clicked - Oh, THOSE trees! Great for privacy, windbreak, etc. But a bummer to have to water them by hand in winter. Pray for snow!

BECCA - back in my very early new bride/young mom days we ate a lot of fried bologna. Sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for supper.

TINA - glad your vacuuming is done, but couldn't half of it have waited until first thing next morning so you didn't exhaust yourself. I find if I overdo, I don't recover my energy so fast anymore and I actually lose a day of productivity. OH, I woudn't think bologna in the microwave would be very good.

LORI - what fun you had in Morro Bay! There is a short deadend just down the hill from our friend's condo, right across from that little park along the water by The Big Rock. That's where we parked our trailer for two days when we visited. I love goldens. My next dog is going to be a golden. I keep telling Bill that and get no response from him. So guess what he's going to get for his birthday the next time we have an opening for a new dog!

Tonite we're going to supper at the home of Bill's workout friends. I think they will be serving pulled pork sandwiches. I'm taking dessert. I PLAN on making cherry hand pies, but I've never made them before so if they don't work out, my back-up plan is brownies. I might take an appetizer, too. We'll see how my baking goes.

What's the supper story at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8

Post by Becca » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Hello everyone Been partly cloudy part sunny
Had busy morning Came home & while unloading to come in house there was a snake right at house CA got the gun but it got away It wasn’t poison so I was glad
I saw a black one at woods yesterday while working out there
Then that got me busy on front flowerbed I removed almost all my black eyed Susan’s They were too tall
While in grocery store Alex called with Great News He said he had just talked to the lady I had a match with yesterday He got it all worked out If I get anymore He is to call her & she will take care of it The sad thing on this All old people don’t have help and would pay bills they don’t owe

Maryz Hope the pies turn out good I used to make fried pies & they were great
Have a fun evening I too love Goldens
Tina You wear me out just reading about your cleaning Is this from the Dust from Farm I agree Make it 2 days instead of one but I know you are like I have always been but now I use better judgement since a week in the Hospital
I stopped at Subway so no cooking
Guess my car is trained Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Mary, we had some friends that were staying in the trailer park while we were there.
It's a beautiful place.

Becca, Tina tires me out too.

I spent the morning taking a class on Zoom with Melissa Marginet. She teaching quilting with a walking foot. She has some really fun and different designs that are quite easy to do. We do 3 hours this week and 3 next Wednesday. It's a class through our guild, so it was only $35.

Now I need to get some other things done.

For dinner I think we'll have Orange chicken and rice with some kind of veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:30 pm

Good afternoon!

Watching my Giants and it is in extra innings and we are ahead at the moment. Nail biter!

Dinner - fresh green beans with something I haven't thought of yet. Ethan and I could make a whole meal of fresh green beans.

The dump run is made getting rid of the removed sod. Trees come Friday afternoon. The nursery will plant them for us.

Ethan has been here all day. We are hiding him out from the little girl with the crush. He loves it when I make him my pannini sandwich, ham swiss and turkey on sourdough.

Rats, the game is tied again m oh well.....

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”