Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:07 am

Good morning,

We're 45* this morning and going to 65* I think. No rain predicted for today. We had a raccoon on the deck this morning. He took down my bird feeder and it got knocked to the ground below and all the seed went into a flowerbed. Bad Cooney!! All this upset Mr. Scott, who fancies himself a big-time watch-sheltie. He ran around the house and deck barking, whining, growling for a half-hour afterward!

Yesterday I got our trailer pretty much ready to go. Some last minute stuff to go in but otherwise, we're good. We found our spot to put the X-st'd trailers. Bill will screw them through the frames into the walls but he had to go to the hardware store for screws. As long as he was going out he decided to pick up packages at UPS, get diesel in the truck, buy a new toilet seat (the one that came with our new toilet is really uncomfortable). But he got the wrong color seat (we have white, not beige toilet), so he had to take that back and still had to go to a third place to find the screws he was looking for. Long story short - I know, too late! - by the time he was done running around, it was pretty late in the day so we never got around to hanging my pictures. So we'll do that today. I also will clean both house bathrooms, mop kitchen floor, and finish washing/polishing my kitchen cabinets. I still haven't fed my roses plus I have some deadheading to do on them and my peonies so if this afternoon stays dry, I hope to get those chores done, too.

LORI - you really hit some hot spots on your short trip! Would love to have been along on that adventure! We have friends who have a condo in Morro Bay. It overlooks the bay and Morro Rock. (there IS a rock, right?)

VELDA - oh, yeah, it's not so easy on the phone to open two tabs. Glad you were able to manage. I remember that colonoscopy diet. Not a lot of fun, but so much better than it used to be!! Ugh! Hope all goes well with the test.

BECCA - sometimes I just can't believe how hard it is to get a place like your hospital to admit they made an error. I hope you get some satisfaction with the lawyer. As if people don't have enough trouble just being sick and in the hospital to begin with!

TiNA - I hope all your computer worries are settled now and you have better connections. What company were you fighting with regarding that bill? Who is "the furniture guy" in Holly's classroom? Was she getting new desks? Sounds like a monumental control freak.

JANA - it never ends for Sarah, does it. Tetracycline is another sun-sensitive med. Those trees will be nice once they get settled in and spread their branches. I hope the light at the end of your construction tunnel isn't a train! Get it? Because you are train people? haha! . . . .Well, it was funny when I thought it . . .

I'm going to ask Bill if he wants pork chops with scalloped or smashed potatoes and salad, or tamales and salad, or tacos. I'm betting he will say tacos, but sometimes he surprises me.

Maybe your supper will be a surprise for you, too . . .

purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:10 am

Jana, you wanted to see my next X-St project. It is started it doesn’t look like much yet but when it is done – this will be the finished product: I predict it will take me a year or more to finish.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:42 am

Good morning!

Mary - yes there is light at the end of the tunnel, and YES, it is a train! Daniel will be here in July for about 2 weeks building the tables the train runs on. It is a special way of construction, and as much as I love my other boys, they are not as meticulous as my Daniel. It you don't get the framework just right, those little engines are very fussy and will give you grief in trying to run them. I also have that plaque with that saying on it.

So my kitchen floor is clean and very shiny! Looks like it is wet, when it is dry. I have just plain old vinyl flooring and use Kwikshine floor finish. Works very well! I have the laundry room ready to wash and shine the floor too. Will wash it this morning, but put the finish on as I go to bed.. That way,, no paw prints from Michael. I also have a Bissel Crosswave that washes my floors. It is wonderful!

Dinner - still in the thinking process. A half sandwich and a salad just might do.

The basement ceiling is not giving up without a fight! We have to move every light fixture the builder just slapped up on the open joists. Not one was put in correctly, so Tim and Michael are correcting that. Michael is very picky on electrical work, so is Tim. Tim is great!

Sarah and Michael are off to the rental center to get the sod cutter. My trees are agrovites and they are evergreens. With Sarah knowing a lot about plants, etc, we have learned through research here, they need a drink of water even in the winter. Not much, but some. So someone, not me, will be hauling out a bucket of water for them through the snow. In the winter, the outside watering is turned off and winterized, so the pipes don't break. So house water will be used.

Time to get some things done, so I can play!

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with chance of showers We are in60s We got some rain yesterday
Got walk in early did laundry Got both porches swept & flowers watered & deadheaded Yesterday I scrubbed our porch What a job but it’s clean Had pollen on it
Maryz I have never had a nightmare like that Bill has been With both Alex & I working on it
Oh I love your new project That’s my favorite a red truck with tree & a dog Perfect
Tina Someone needs to be really brought on the rug He was way out of his boundary
I feel for your DD It’s too hard to redo again
Lori What a great trip you had Sure it was fun fun
Jana Hope the trees got in & alls progressing at your place Alex was on that drug for a few years
CA asked for bologna fried Ugh guess I will fix it I’ll have burger & salad & make creamed potatoes. Becca
Have a great day everyone

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:02 am

Good morning!
Whew I'm already tired LOL
Mary, the company was my CPAP supply place...I can't remember the name just now but when and if 🤣😂 I do I'll let you know.
We weren't really having internet problems but the 120' of internet cable that ran from the east side of my porch then along the front, back down the west side, along my bedroom wall outside, all along the west side of the house until it came in by my washer and dryer and then up in where my fridge is because we used to have a desk and desk top computer there was in our way. So now it just comes in east of the east livingroom window......120' to about 15' and I already painted where he attached the little box and cable so that's another plus.
That's a beauty X-st pattern ❤❤ it would take me a lifetime if I know how to do it even.
Jana, on your trees.... wouldn't the snow be enough moisture through the winter? I bet those train tables are really tedious work but worth it to have the trains run right. I hope they get your ceiling fixed and you back in the sewing business soon!
Becca, I have to laugh 🤣😂 I was raised on fried bologna and when we first got married I made some for Frankie because he had never had it..... I tried short cutting it in the microwave so Frankie could try it. It burnt it but it didn't "look" burnt. He took a bite and 🤣😂🤣😂 started gagging and spitting it out 🤣😂🤣😂 I laughed till I was crying so hard. He's never wanted to try it again. 🤣😂🤣😂 I still laugh about that memory 🤣😂🤣😂
Well I stayed up till after 11 last night vacuuming. What a dirt mess we had! Walls were vacuumed again too! I was soooooo tired I could barely stand during the last room so I bet I didn't do too good of a job in there. I vacuumed for 4 hours straight! Frankie even had to empty the water basin filter half way because it was mud. The porch, livingroom and our bedroom and bathroom were the worst. I even had to vacuum all my leaves on my plants, they were tan and not green! I showed Frankie and he couldn't believe it! So today is kind of a puttering around day because I woke up really tired. I woke up at least 10 times last night because I was hurting and I even took ibuprofen before my bath to help me relax and not hurt so bad. I may try to get some windows washed, at least I'll be inside out of the heat... we're supposed to be 100° today.
I think we might have tacos, they sound really good, thanks Mary 🥰
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:16 pm

Mary, yes there is a big rock called Morro Rock. We went over and walked around the edge.
The hotel we stayed at had a view of the bay and rock. It's a cute little town. That cross stitch is really cute. Looks like Wrigley.

Becca, I'm going to have to start my walks earlier. It's starting to warm up here.

Jana, hauling out buckets of water will not be fun.

Tina, is all the dust still coming from the neighbor farmer? That sounds like quite a chore.

Just been straightening up the sewing room today. I left it in a mess before my trip. I have guild on zoom tonight. I'll be so glad when we can meet in person again.

No dinner tonight. We had a late lunch as usual for Tuesday.

Sleep tight.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”