Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:36 am

Good morning,

We are only 45* this morning but I think the rain has gone for now. We may break 60* this afternoon. 8-)

Yesterday I got enough sewing stuff organized to keep me busy on our trip. I hope to start Gypsy Dancer III and also make another sixty (or so) 4-1/2" stars. I always overpack my sewing. And everything else! :lol: Today is chiropractor, coffee with a friend, then home to do some house uglies and then start getting trailer ready. I may sew a couple of lotto blocks. This will be how my week goes.

TINA - sorry about your heat. This morning, if it were 10* cooler, we could have SNOW! Too bad we can't meet in the middle! Glad you got to eat out last night. Hope it was air conditioned!

BECCA - no, our fires were in 1985 and 1988. Long before my forum days, which began in 2008. But even today, if we so much as drive by a burned building the distinctive smell takes me back immediately.

LORI - been thinking of you! What a fun trip you must have had! What wineries did you hit? Our club selection at Westport Winery was a merlot and a petite syrah. We wanted to do some tasting but because of covid, there was no tasting at the bar. And they didn't have a 4-top available except outside. In the rain. So we skipped the tasting. :(

Our chicken noodle soup was quite tasty last night. Bill always loves homemade soups. Good thing because we're having the rest of it tonite. I also made a rhubarb pie, my first in about 45 years. Three husbands and not one of them likes/liked rhubarb pie so I just haven't made any, but a friend gave me 5 stalks over the weekend. Bill said it was pretty good, except kind of runny.

Have you got your ducks lined up for supper tonite? (you're not having duck are you?? :o )

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 7th

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 am

Good morning!

Mary - ready for all and everything! Have you found a home for the retro cross stitch yet? I love them! So much work! Can't wait to see the new one you just started, it will be done next week, right? ;)

Busy around these parts. My new trees will be here at the end of the week. So Stu will be removing the sod in that area. There are several more spots he will be taking out as well. We are renting a sod cutter for him. Sarah was here last night, marking the placement of each of the five trees on the fence. I call her my vampire daughter right now. She only comes out in the dark. The Dr is treating her rosecea with doxycyline, which causes severe reactions with sunlight. This will go on for about 6 months. We have 5 left to go. When she does go out in the daylight, she wears a larged brim hat and long sleeves. Yes, in this heat! My handyman is here working too.

Dinner - cold crisp salad! No heating up the stove!

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:13 am

Hi ladies. LOL, my meals today consist of broth, jello, tea, water and all clear liquids.
Bet you all are jealous. But it's just one day. I will be back to junk food and full meals after colonoscopy.
I have a leftover plate all set for DH. All we will do it reheat in microwave. For lunch, he is fixing a sandwich.
Maryz, the tip you mentioned to avoid a double start up post is similar to what I do on laptop, but when I use my phone, I get caught with someone hitting submit just moments ahead of me.
I found how to delete my post, but I did copy and paste into a reply before I went back and deleted my post. I was uncertain about whether the image would copy, but it looks like it did fine.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 am

Hello everyone cloudy & light rain I managed to get my walk in early
I have been on phone again about the Hospital bill No one would believe what Alex & I have been through This has gone on since last early Fall I paid bill first one I got They applied it to someone else and won’t admit their mistake Alex is going to Lawyer about it Unreal what we have done already Sorry about that
Maryz I am sure you will have enough projects as long as they don’t float down the river I never knew you had a fire So scary And you said it was arson Wow that makes it worse
Tina I’m so glad you got to enjoy an evening out And help DD set up her Room That’s a Big project used to do that
Velda Oh I’m sorry about your menu today
Hope all goes well with the test and you get a good report
Jana It seems you have projects going a lot Glad it’s you instead of me Sure the trees will make a difference Wish I could give you some of mine
Lori What a great trip you must have had Glad you could go

We have leftovers from the pizza. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 am

Good morning!
Internet guy has already finished. He took down 120' of cable and moved my router to the livingroom so I have maybe 15' of cable now LOL he couldn't believe how much they ran 15 years ago. But we used to have a desk and desk top computer back then and it had to be hooked up, it wasn't wireless. We're wondering if I'll have a stronger signal now, my router sits 12' from my fire stick.
Mary, I've never tried rhubarb so I don't know if I'd like it. 🤷‍♀️ LOL Yes there was AC, it was so nice.
Jana, what kind of trees are you getting? Oh I bet that was a steam coming out of the ears moment when they dented your stucco!
Vel, good thoughts for your colonoscopy tomorrow.
Becca, I have that going on too. They gave me a total that I had to pay in full before they'd send me my supplies and then 30 days later tried to bill me for almost 3x more. I refuse to pay it. I told them I don't care if they turn me in, there's a recording of them telling me it was paid in full before they'd send it. Then they refused to take it back and refund what I already paid... it's a mess so when it was turned in I contacted the credit bureau and told them what they were trying to do. I'm not planning on financing anything so if it knocks my credit score down a little I'm fine with that. It makes me so made when companies do these things.
Dad's night to eat here, I may do pork chops but my mind is subject to change LOL
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:01 pm

I am sooooo upset! Holly sent me a picture, the furniture guy took her room apart! The janitor sent Holly a pic showing her so she went into the school. Her principal saw her going in the front door and told her that she meant to text her last night and tell her how nice her room looks! Holly told her not any more and she wanted to know what she was talking about. Holly told her and showed her the pic. She was like.... what gave him the idea he could touch your room?! So they were both mad! The guy told Holly she can't set up her room that way.. mind you he doesn't work for the schools, he's just the assembly guy for the desks. He actually argued with Holly about how she can and can't set up her room! The principal is calling this guys boss. He refused to put Holly's desks back in her room that he took out and wouldn't help her out then back together and wouldn't tell her where he put some of her chairs!
Holly was telling me that the head of the shop class was trying to figure out how they could make the computer tables work but she walked in to Holly's room and saw hers and said.... problem solved, have everyone do like Holly did LOL I did that but don't tell anyone 🤭🤫
Well I just needed to vent a little..... well a lot!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Ugggh! I hope that principal has a few well chosen words for that guy and his boss! And then the company will put back everything! All your hard work too! Big uggggh!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Tina, what a nightmare. Sounds like he is full of himself.

Mary, we went to 2 wineries. AronHill and Hunt. We hit 10 quilt shops and a bead shop coming down the coast. And a few other little shops in Morrow bay. We also saw the Field of lights at Sensorio, in Paso Robles. It was really pretty.

Jana, What kind of tree's did you get?

Today was catch up day. I vacuumed and did some grocery shopping.

Dinner was Chili.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”