Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:00 am

Good morning,

We are very cool this morning and not going to get a lot warmer today. Rain is moving in about noon. Hard to believe so many of you are going through a heat wave! Seems there is no happy medium anywhere.

Our day trip to the coast yesterday was nice. A good visit with Bill's sis and DBIL, lunch with them at the winery, picked up our quarterly club selection (2 bottles), and drove home. 200 mi round trip so it was an all day thing and we got home with just one minute to spare before Scottie's supper time! Whew! That was close! Today will be a combination of things. Maybe pack some things into the trailer (my clothes and most non-perishable food is already in), cut more star blocks to take along, also R/W/B fabric for lotto blocks and pinks and some greens for my new Gypsy Dancer project. We won't be going with friends this time so our time will be our own and I can do (I hope) some relaxed sewing. I also need to do some house cleaning before we leave. We return June 24. My DD#1, Lara, texted me last night that they are coming for a visit June 19-July 3. They will be staying at a hotel in Bremerton, 30 miles north of us near their son's house. They have penciled us in for brunch (I guess at our house) June 25th. So I need to be ready for that, too, the morning after we get home. So some time organization will be in order for the coming days. We leave Friday morning for camping.

BECCA - no, no animal problems with leaving the crockpot on the deck. And I don't really worry about fire risk from an appliance like that, but since we were leaving for all day and our pets were in the house and unable to get out, I try to take what precautions I can. After two fires ( though both were arson), it's never far from my mind when we leave the house.

JANA - I hope everyone made it home from camping OK. They didn't stay long. Sorry to hear your little Gracie got sick. Hope it was just a combo of heat/food/excitement/car riding. That's what got Autumn every time when she was little. And you are done cleaning carpets??

I'm not sure what suppertime holds for us this evening. I am so out of ideas and so tired of cooking. It's pretty chilly here and will be rainy, too, so grilling is probably out. Maybe just some homemade chicken noodle soup. Right now that sounds pretty good to me. And Bill loves it.

Has anyone got any other good ideas to share?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 6th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 am

Good morning!
Mary, I wish I had your temps and rain! We're so dry here and 101° yesterday with a hot wind that would dry out the ocean! Frankie couldn't get enough to drink, it really zaps you.
Glad you're penciled in for brunch on the 25th, I hope it's enjoyable.
I won't be painting today but I need to assist in hanging siding and then I get to water the front and back yard plants and trees, vacuum, dust, clean bathrooms etc....I really need to start windows too but we'll see how far I get. We're gonna be hot and dry and windy again today.... tomorrow there shouldn't be any wind just a tiny 4mph breeze.
I'm hoping for supper we go out with Frankie's sister and her hubby. They called us last night to go but I was cooking already plus it was Dad's night.
Well I better get busy.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:25 am

Hello everyone cloudy here so it’s cooler
Maryz I must not have been a member when you had fires Was it Vicky
I did get to my porch swing a little yesterday
So happy DD is coming Sure hope you get more time with her
Tina Do hope you get to eat out with DHs sister You need a break from the heat & work
Hope all your house redos are coming to an end for you
Jana Hope Gracie is better Denise always got carsick every where we went The trip to my Dad & Moms was over crooked roads & she was always sick Not any fun
I am making pizza Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Becca, I'm glad you got some porch time ❤ we did get to eat out, it was yummy! We sat and talked for so long I wondered if I'd be able to walk again LOL my hiney was tired of sitting. Our house redo will last till September maybe October.
Holly always got motion sickness and still does if she sits in the back seat.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:51 pm

Becca, we had pizza too, but I ordered in.

Mary, thank goodness you made in home in time for Scottie's supper. What kind of wine did you pick up?

Well we made it back from the quilt shop run and wine tasting. What a blast we had. 4 days of laughter, food, and fabric shopping. Sew much fun. I'm exhausted.

I ordered a pizza for dinner.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”